Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-12-2016, 08:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default All the Various Rumours Editions

I have the following Rumours versions:

1. The 1977 release (CD and vinyl)
2. The 2004 release with an outtakes CD
3. The 2001 DVD-A
4. The Deluxe Edition (CD, Vinyl, Rosebud film, Live CD, 2 outtake CDs)

I'm not trying to be a completest on this album or anything, but I do like remasters, outtakes, demos and rough cuts. So far, I haven't bothered to see if I have any overlap on outtakes, demos, etc. I understand there is a remastered version now? Assuming it contains rare gems not previously released, does anyone know off hand what it would add to my collection? I'm trying to avoid having to write it all out on paper so I can compare. I'm also assuming a remastered version may not sound a whole lot better than the DVD-A. Is that correct?

Thanks in advance for any information you fellow collectors can add.
Old 11-12-2016, 11:40 PM
Supporting Ledgie

There was also an SACD hybrid release of the album from about 5-6 years back
Old 11-22-2016, 11:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mylittledemon View Post
There was also an SACD hybrid release of the album from about 5-6 years back
I remember that one... and making the decision to pass on it for the other version that came out around the same time.
Old 11-13-2016, 12:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Oh heck, never mind. I got caught in my mess of a CD catalog trying to figure out which remasters I need and went a little bonkers. Unfortunately, due to running out of storage space, I made a bad decision to throw out jewel cases and artwork in favor of book holders so in some cases I have no idea which version a disc is because it doesnt say on the label. I have a white album CD that says disc 1 but cant find disc 2. I fear it got tossed with the case. Doesnt help that each title has 8 versions and I cant seem to stop myself, haha! Anywho, carry on! :-)
Old 11-13-2016, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertangel View Post
Oh heck, never mind. I got caught in my mess of a CD catalog trying to figure out which remasters I need and went a little bonkers. Unfortunately, due to running out of storage space, I made a bad decision to throw out jewel cases and artwork in favor of book holders so in some cases I have no idea which version a disc is because it doesnt say on the label. I have a white album CD that says disc 1 but cant find disc 2. I fear it got tossed with the case. Doesnt help that each title has 8 versions and I cant seem to stop myself, haha! Anywho, carry on! :-)
I just can't bring myself to throw them out. .. I know how you feel
Old 11-13-2016, 04:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Don't do it. You see what can happen? I want to search the boxes in the garage in case it was a nightmare, but there's a faded memory of that sinking feeling as I tossed them in the garbage can and the internal conversation... "when's the last time I opened any of these? And boy do they take up room." I did keep the Enchanted and Chain box set cases. Those blasted cleaning jags can be brutal!
Old 11-17-2016, 06:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

To this day I have the LP....and only the LP.
Old 11-17-2016, 06:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan4136 View Post
To this day I have the LP....and only the LP.
I bought the 2004 reissues, and I'm DONE. Because, lessee...if memory serves, that's:
4 - 8 track tapes
3 - cassettes
2 - LPs
3 - CDs

That's 12 royalty payments for the same album. They could wrap another version in one of Stevie's shawls, and try to sell it... But I'm done.
Old 11-21-2016, 02:23 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Actually, the 2004 "White album" remaster did not come with a disc 2. I think a second disc was planned and then canceled, but for some reason the disc was never pressed without disc 1 printed on it. Just trying to save you some trouble in your search.
Old 11-22-2016, 11:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanders8323 View Post
Actually, the 2004 "White album" remaster did not come with a disc 2. I think a second disc was planned and then canceled, but for some reason the disc was never pressed without disc 1 printed on it. Just trying to save you some trouble in your search.
Thank you for this. I sort of thought that was the case, but the Disc 1 subtitle on the CD threw me. Amazon shows a limited track listing for this version too. Mystery solved!
Old 11-20-2016, 03:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I have the following Rumours versions:

1. The 1977 release (CD and vinyl)
2. The 2004 release with an outtakes CD
3. The 2001 DVD-A
4. The Deluxe Edition (CD, Vinyl, Rosebud film, Live CD, 2 outtake CDs)
My favorite version is the one that
contains Suspicious Minds.