Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-09-2024, 08:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
I tried that once. It was delicious!
Let's think it was the auto corrector

Though the truth is that though it was never perfect, I used to speak and write english far better years ago. For work reasons I did it frequently. Now that I'm retired I'm losing my english skills.
Old 03-09-2024, 10:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
It was hers - her website and social media posted the singles from the set: My Heart and One More Big Time Rock and Roll Star. The image and font of the box set cover are the image and font that are on a tote bag for sale at her concerts.
The only reason I would question if it was hers was because Show Them The Way was not on the box set, but I think it wasn't on there because it's not a rarity.

If you don't expect an album, what do you make of her telling interviews that she's recorded new songs already? She told The New Yorker in 2022 that she recorded her best song. She told Mike Campbell she recorded three songs with Greg Kurstin.
Stevie has often talked about things she plans to do and they never happen, eg. the Rhiannon film and a children's book etc. I fully agree with others here that she could still do various types of projects, but i really doubt she will. She just talks about it. Where is the prolific songwriter and artist?
Old 03-09-2024, 02:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitzo View Post
Stevie has often talked about things she plans to do and they never happen, eg. the Rhiannon film and a children's book etc. I fully agree with others here that she could still do various types of projects, but i really doubt she will. She just talks about it. Where is the prolific songwriter and artist?
On the In Your Dreams Tour, Stevie started the show saying "This is not the Stevie Nicks greatest hits show you're used to seeing. I'm never doing that again after making this record (In Your Dreams)." And she followed up with the great 2016 Songs From The Vault tour - even though she should have done more than three songs from 24KG.
Now it's 2024, she's doing the 2005-2010 "greatest hits" setlist.

It seems like during the On With The Show Tour, with the help of management and her advisor Irving Azoff, Stevie wanted to ride her LEGEND and ICON status. So she did an arena tour. She certainly had enough time once the OWTS Tour ended to record 24KG Volume 2 so we could have had three songs from that instead of 3 from In Your Dreams.

Once the Songs From The Vault Tour was over and she had the Fleetwood Mac tour offer. She knew she could plant her feet and say "I don't want to record a Fleetwood Mac album so if that's what you want to do, I can play the same arenas Fleetwood Mac plays on my own." Therefore, Lindsey is fired, in part, for his disapproval of Fleetwood Mac not touring a new album, and Neil Finn and Mike Campbell come in wanting to make new music as Fleetwood Mac, but Stevie wouldn't let that happen. Mick didn't protest.

I hope she releases a solo album this year.
Old 03-09-2024, 02:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
On the In Your Dreams Tour, Stevie started the show saying "This is not the Stevie Nicks greatest hits show you're used to seeing. I'm never doing that again after making this record (In Your Dreams)." And she followed up with the great 2016 Songs From The Vault tour - even though she should have done more than three songs from 24KG.
Now it's 2024, she's doing the 2005-2010 "greatest hits" setlist.

It seems like during the On With The Show Tour, with the help of management and her advisor Irving Azoff, Stevie wanted to ride her LEGEND and ICON status. So she did an arena tour. She certainly had enough time once the OWTS Tour ended to record 24KG Volume 2 so we could have had three songs from that instead of 3 from In Your Dreams.

Once the Songs From The Vault Tour was over and she had the Fleetwood Mac tour offer. She knew she could plant her feet and say "I don't want to record a Fleetwood Mac album so if that's what you want to do, I can play the same arenas Fleetwood Mac plays on my own." Therefore, Lindsey is fired, in part, for his disapproval of Fleetwood Mac not touring a new album, and Neil Finn and Mike Campbell come in wanting to make new music as Fleetwood Mac, but Stevie wouldn't let that happen. Mick didn't protest.

I hope she releases a solo album this year.

I don't.
Old 03-09-2024, 05:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
I don't.
It would suck, just like 98% of the stuff she's put out in the last 40 years.

The fact that she's a ~legend~ is kind of mind boggling. She had two great albums, OVER FORTY YEARS AGO, and has put out mostly crap since then, and people still flock to her.
Old 03-09-2024, 05:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

You know, I don't even really care much about her setlists, since I have lost interest in her live act. Hoarse tuneless bellowing and rambling talks aren't going to draw me in. What I want is recordings. Those will be a real gift to us fans, many of whom are hanging by a thread of dwindling interest, like me.
Old 03-09-2024, 06:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
You know, I don't even really care much about her setlists, since I have lost interest in her live act. Hoarse tuneless bellowing and rambling talks aren't going to draw me in. What I want is recordings. Those will be a real gift to us fans, many of whom are hanging by a thread of dwindling interest, like me.
I don't see this. I see the hardcore fans going to her concerts because they don't know how many more times they will have to see her in concert.

I think her live act would interest you if she took advantage of the end of Fleetwood Mac and played Straight Back, Sara, Angel, Seven Wonders, I Don't Want To Know, When I See You Again, Affairs of the Heart, and more.
Old 03-09-2024, 08:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I don't see this. I see the hardcore fans going to her concerts because they don't know how many more times they will have to see her in concert.

I think her live act would interest you if she took advantage of the end of Fleetwood Mac and played Straight Back, Sara, Angel, Seven Wonders, I Don't Want To Know, When I See You Again, Affairs of the Heart, and more.
It is a significant financial and time commitment to go to a concert these days. And for those of us who do not live in the US Stevie is pretty inaccessible anyway. I don't think adding more oldies to the set would help make me more interested. Plus, she cannot sing live like she used to. New music would pull me back in.
Old 03-09-2024, 08:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
New music would pull me back in.
Unfortunately new music would also come with new lyrics.
Old 03-09-2024, 08:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownOnRodeo View Post
And a side of nasal drone...
Old 03-09-2024, 08:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

After being such a hardcore fan ever since the white album, it feels so strange to have zero interest in $tevie's new music or concerts. It's absolutely true that it's a huge investment to go to a concert these days, (and for all these years, I NEVER missed a show if it was within six hours of me), but I just don't like her anymore, and she comes across as corny and lame. I plan to see the Stones in Philly this year, The Avett Brothers with Melissa Etheridge at Red Rocks, and Dirty Heads in Virginia Beach, and none of those tickets approach the prices of $tevie's cornball snooze-fest oldies act.
Old 03-10-2024, 12:52 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steviegirl View Post
After being such a hardcore fan ever since the white album, it feels so strange to have zero interest in $tevie's new music or concerts. It's absolutely true that it's a huge investment to go to a concert these days, (and for all these years, I NEVER missed a show if it was within six hours of me), but I just don't like her anymore, and she comes across as corny and lame. I plan to see the Stones in Philly this year, The Avett Brothers with Melissa Etheridge at Red Rocks, and Dirty Heads in Virginia Beach, and none of those tickets approach the prices of $tevie's cornball snooze-fest oldies act.
I hear she's still dedicating Landslide to Christine, her "best friend in the whole world" who she hadn't talked to in three years before she passed away. I think the dedication is more about making Stevie look good than it is about honoring Christine. If Stevie really cared about what Christine thought, maybe she wouldn't have insisted on firing Lindsey.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownOnRodeo View Post
Unfortunately Stevie doesn't really write music, unless you count her piano demos (which she has never released as finished songs), so lyrics are all she has to offer - and I for one think she has written some great lyrics over the years. But she has also written a bunch of crap, like "Mabel Normand" or "When I See You Again" ("And she stares at the stairs"), so I really don't know if she releases some new songs whether they will be any good or not. But I hope she releases them anyway.

Last edited by secret love; 03-10-2024 at 01:00 AM..
Old 03-10-2024, 05:52 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
It is a significant financial and time commitment to go to a concert these days. And for those of us who do not live in the US Stevie is pretty inaccessible anyway. I don't think adding more oldies to the set would help make me more interested. Plus, she cannot sing live like she used to. New music would pull me back in.
I can't see 24 Karat Gold: Songs From The Vault being her last studio album. I think she'll have one more true album like In Your Dreams- which I think is a concept album - and not a themeless album like 24KG. But again, I would have loved to have heard more songs live from 24KG like the title track, The Dealer, Watch Chain, Hard Advice, and Mabel Normand live.

At this point, I'd be happy with a setlist like Enchanted Tour where she didn't care about playing hits.
Last night in Dallas, Soldier's Angel and Fall From Grace were not in her setlist.
Old 03-10-2024, 12:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

A 2024 version of the Enchanted tour setlist would be a trainwreck. She gave Gold and Braid a shot a few years ago and it was evident then that her current range could barely do it. She's struggling with Dreams right now, it's hard to imagine her pulling off Whole Lotta Trouble, Sleeping Angel, I Need To Know, and HAEWAFY very well. Heck when was the last time she did Has Anyone Ever!?
Old 03-10-2024, 12:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
A 2024 version of the Enchanted tour setlist would be a trainwreck. She gave Gold and Braid a shot a few years ago and it was evident then that her current range could barely do it. She's struggling with Dreams right now, it's hard to imagine her pulling off Whole Lotta Trouble, Sleeping Angel, I Need To Know, and HAEWAFY very well. Heck when was the last time she did Has Anyone Ever!?
So maybe instead of those songs she does: Touched By An Angel, Rooms On Fire, Blue Denim, and Trouble in Shangri-La.

Last concert she did Has Anyone Ever was her Crystal Visions Tour in 2008. I Need To Know was last done in 2007 on the first Crystal Visions Tour. In 2010 and 2011, she did You Wreck Me by Petty.