User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-12-2014, 10:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreaming View Post
I don't feel like listing all the comments, but they never said it with a definite as they did since 2011. Also, it was remastered earlier last year which was just another sign that it is happening.
I see that as an illusion. Michele
Old 01-12-2014, 10:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Don't you think Stevie would much rather go about doing another solo project and not do a FMac album if Christine had not come back? I think with Christine back, Stevie has another opportunity to contribute to her main band.
Maybe. I don't know her. And, God knows I don't believe everything she says. So, it's possible. But, I don't think Christine's presence was the magic key to Stevie doing another FM album. I think she and Lindsey have worked together for many, many years and I think they can do it again. They recorded Without You without any intervention and remarkably everyone got out alive and unscathed! So, FM, solo, BN, whatever it's all good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
I love SnL more than I love Christine. But I love all three of them together more than most other things.

Michele
That's cool. And, I'm happy for you.
Old 01-12-2014, 10:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
I agree 100 percent. That's basically what's it's been the last 15 years, BN with aFleetwood and Mc Vie backing band. Not as good. I'll actually go see them this summer. Who wouldn't be thrilled? I don't get it AT ALL.
Oh, what the hell? Get the pitchforks cos I'm another person who is not thrilled. AT ALL. No shame in admitting it either, to be honest.

I only discovered FM this year, have never seen them live (thanks, cancelled tour...), and the entire reason for loving them - for me - is basically Stevie and Lindsey. I am disappointed I won't get to see a SnL led Fleetwood Mac tour. I am disappointed at what the setlist will probably be (yes, I am seriously upset I won't get to see, most likely, WY or SG, etc). I am disappointed that the onstage dynamic will probably be different now. I am disappointed that both fans and the media are and will be acting like FM have been treading water for the past 15 years just waiting for Chris' return. I LOVE SYW. I LOVE the EP. I do enjoy the mix of vocals with the three of them but, quite honestly, the only plus side of this for me is that we'll probably get a new album and I'll have some new SnL songs to listen to...

Look, I don't begrudge anyone's joy and delight over Chris' return but it's not the only legitimate viewpoint and it doesn't make me less of a fan or a person. I won't skip her songs on an album and I won't take a bathroom break during them at a gig but I'm NOT thrilled about this and I'm NOT thrilled with the way people are acting towards those who aren't over the moon about this news. I enjoy the music and live videos for SnL's voices, for their chemistry, for their dialogue in song, etc. I see it still - I see more energy this year, more of a connection, and more happiness there. I don't feel anything is missing or stale and yes, that's probably something lacking in me but I don't connect emotionally with Christine's stuff on the same level as I do with SnL and I'm not sorry about it.

Sorry if this offends anyone but it's the simple truth. For me.

(also, I'm annoyed that this is going to probaby push back Buckingham Nicks plans further)

"There’s nothing going on between you and me except that there will always be something going on between you and me. Until the day we die"
Old 01-12-2014, 10:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Ahhh gotcha.. I see your issue now. It's different from mine. You want more Lindsey. And I want more Lindsey, but only if he's with both girls and not just Stevie. We're not far here.
Yep. Solo is best for me, followed by all five together. Hearing Chris's voice on The Chain and Silver Springs, especially, is something I would love to hear for myself, live. And if she helps bring about that darn FM album, then that's great too. I just hate that she didn't do all this last year. My issue is I badly wanted to have Lindsey working on a solo album this year, and touring for that. So, I'm not as excited as I might otherwise have been.
Old 01-12-2014, 10:53 PM

Quote:
Maybe. I don't know her. And, God knows I don't believe everything she says. So, it's possible. But, I don't think Christine's presence was the magic key to Stevie doing another FM album. I think she and Lindsey have worked together for many, many years and I think they can do it again. They recorded Without You without any intervention and remarkably everyone got out alive and unscathed! So, FM, solo, BN, whatever it's all good.

That's cool. And, I'm happy for you.
Crap!! I thought you knew Stevie. lol
Old 01-12-2014, 10:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm sure Stevie,Lindsey,Mick and John all just sit there looking at their giant Fleetwood Mac paychecks while telling each other how stale and boring the band is...
Old 01-12-2014, 10:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsfan View Post
Yep. Solo is best for me, followed by all five together. Hearing Chris's voice on The Chain and Silver Springs, especially, is something I would love to hear for myself, live. And if she helps bring about that darn FM album, then that's great too. I just hate that she didn't do all this last year. My issue is I badly wanted to have Lindsey working on a solo album this year, and touring for that. So, I'm not as excited as I might otherwise have been.
I loved GOS and hope he does more of that!!
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDenimLamp View Post
I'm sure Stevie,Lindsey,Mick and John all just sit there looking at their giant Fleetwood Mac paychecks while telling each other how stale and boring the band is...
right?
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Christine is not the sole reason they didn't do another album and she's not the sole reason they will finally do another one.
I completely disagree. Stevie was refusing to do new music before Christine's return. Lindsey did everything he could to get her to do SOMETHING with the band, even writing songs for her to sing, and what we got from that was an EP of three new Lindsey Buckingham songs and a rerecording of an old Buckingham Nicks song. Without Christine, it's over, at least in terms of albums. And, don't forget that Stevie was so insistent on having another woman in the band a few years back that we almost had Sheryl Crow in the band...So, don't underestimate how huge this really is for not only Fleetwood Mac, but also Stevie and Lindsey.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
AThe last ten years have been BN and they haven't done a heck of a lot to really forge a significant new sound.
BINGO!

It's not like they've done enough in the past 16 years to give fans something to be sentimental about or to indicate that there's a future for them as a quartet. If they had given us three to five solid albums, then I could see people having mixed emotions. What we got was ONE new album, an EP, and two mostly Greatest Hits tours since 1998. If nothing else, if we have to endure another Greatest Hits tour, at least we'll have all five people who made those hits in the first place.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 01-12-2014, 10:56 PM

Quote:
Money has nothing to do with the aesthetic.
Old 01-12-2014, 10:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I loved GOS and hope he does more of that!!
I would be ecstatic! I hope he meant it when he said (at the end of the Vegas show) that he'd work on solo stuff too.
Old 01-12-2014, 11:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Crap!! I thought you knew Stevie. lol
Sorry!

Quote:
Good one.
Addicted Ledgie

It's amazing that the idea of those two releasing the Buckingham Nicks album is still generating such noise. They missed the boat BIG TIME and it really has nothing to do with Christine coming back. When she departed in 1998, that is exactly when they should have re-released the album and toured behind it. The crazy amount of buzz surrounding FMac, Lindsey, and Stevie at that time will never be replicated again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsfan View Post
I would be ecstatic! I hope he meant it when he said (at the end of the Vegas show) that he'd work on solo stuff too.
I think he sings better, plays better and is more creative when he's solo. With Nicks it seems so forced.

But with Christine he has another musician writer that he appreciates and I think he's happy to work with her. I venture to guess that's why they have so many collaborations as writers. Plus, Christine doesn't leave the studio to let LB do all the work. She hangs in there with the guys.
Old 01-12-2014, 11:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmn3 View Post
It's amazing that the idea of those two releasing the Buckingham Nicks album is still generating such noise. They missed the boat BIG TIME and it really has nothing to do with Christine coming back. When she departed in 1998, that is exactly when they should have re-released the album and toured behind it. The crazy amount of buzz surrounding FMac, Lindsey, and Stevie at that time will never be replicated again.
I mean... they only had 15 years... stupid Christine!! getting in the way of that amazing project!!