Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-05-2014, 08:39 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jondalar View Post
I'm starting to have my doubts.
The very long-awaited BN release has probably lost its window of opportunity. The 40th anniversary would have been the time to release it and do some type of promotion (even a couple strategically located concerts would have been great). It could have been so incredible if they'd released demos and the second BN recordings in a deluxe set. But, sadly, with the plans FM has now, I've lost hope that we'll ever see it (by the time the tour's is over, CD's may be as archaic as 8-tracks).
Old 05-05-2014, 09:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I agree.Probably us fans will be the only be interested in buying a copy of B and N.It wont be feasible to release it with low sales to fans only but we never know when they might throw it out to us by surprise.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 05-05-2014, 09:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLY View Post
Considering the MAC is waiting to release an album later in the year this would be a good time to release Buckingham Nicks on cd. They could release it with the demo of Without You. I really doubt we see a Buckingham Nicks tour ever so this is a good time to release the cd. Stevie can add that to the intro to the song on the current tour.Makes sense! I really should have been he PR guy for this band.
i love that at the beginning of april 2013 we were discussing a possibility of the mac album release, possibly some time in 2013..... the same album we are still discussing now and has been in the meantime pushed to 2015, 2016, 2017... who knows?

meanwhile many bands, even old ones, are releasing one album every year, or if not every 2 years.

and we as FM fans think that's ok and we should be grateful and nobody should complain (it's called negativity here these days ). because that's how mac always operated. yeah they did. even their first 3 albums were not released 3 years in a row, but every 2 years, but that's still acceptable. after Tusk, their output has been dismal. yet we (majority of the people here) see that as a reason for celebration and not complaining. we say they all were always able to successfully juggle solo and mac careers.

#justsayin

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 05-05-2014, 09:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
i love that at the beginning of april 2013 we were discussing a possibility of the mac album release, possibly some time in 2013..... the same album we are still discussing now and has been in the meantime pushed to 2015, 2016, 2017... who knows?

meanwhile many bands, even old ones, are releasing one album every year, or if not every 2 years.

and we as FM fans think that's ok and we should be grateful and nobody should complain (it's called negativity here these days ). because that's how mac always operated. yeah they did. even their first 3 albums were not released 3 years in a row, but every 2 years, but that's still acceptable. after Tusk, their output has been dismal. yet we (majority of the people here) see that as a reason for celebration and not complaining. we say they all were always able to successfully juggle solo and mac careers.

#justsayin
At least this year, the conversation has shifted to the release of an album from all five! (And yes, for now I'm confident that Stevie will join the other four to record in the near future).
Old 02-19-2015, 10:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

[From a Mankato Free Press story about vinyl records]

http://www.mankatofreepress.com/news...a2b203d42.html

Sweiger keeps his personal stock of 45s and LP records at home. A few highlights from his collection: Townes Van Zandt's "Delta Momma Blues," Dan Penn's "Fame Recordings" and a rare copy of the out-of-print "Buckingham Nicks" LP.

"This is really good," Sweiger said as he placed the "Buckingham Necks" record on his turntable. "It's better than anything they did with Fleetwood Mac."
Old 02-20-2015, 01:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TsnFan4Ever View Post
The very long-awaited BN release has probably lost its window of opportunity. The 40th anniversary would have been the time to release it and do some type of promotion (even a couple strategically located concerts would have been great). It could have been so incredible if they'd released demos and the second BN recordings in a deluxe set. But, sadly, with the plans FM has now, I've lost hope that we'll ever see it (by the time the tour's is over, CD's may be as archaic as 8-tracks).
guess there's always the 50th anniversary. only 8 years to go.
Old 04-14-2015, 04:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

FDRMX

Read more: http://fdrmx.com/top-5-greatest-albu...#ixzz3XK4d9300

Top 5 Greatest Albums You Can’t Buy Anymore Apr 14, 2015

It is said that music gives wings to the mind, a soul to the universe, flight to the imagination and most importantly, life to everything. But we have to face the truth, many albums, with every passing year, go out of print, and this is well justified. Over the years, People have come up with appalling music and there is just not enough room on the shelves to have them stick around.

Music is deplorable. There are many reasons as to why music vanishes–a phenomenon that has, sorry to say, claimed the lives of many albums that were the heart and soul of the music industry back in the day. We could go back and forth with varying opinions and never hear the end of it but instead, let us have a look at some of the greatest albums that you no longer have access to.

Number Two: Lindsey Buckingham and Stevie Nicks Album Duo. Very few duos, if any, are respected as Stevie Nicks and Lindsey Buckingham are, and this is considering that they are in a band with three other people. As a matter of fact, not many people can name the other members. Can you? The point is, they are mostly known as a duo, which makes it rather strange that the only Album they have ever released for more than 40 years now is the Buckingham Nicks.

But why has it never been released? Is it such a terrible piece of work? Or is it that it was very embarrassing for them? Not at all, especially given the fact that they have included some of the songs featured in the album in some of their live shows and subsequent releases. The reason it has not been released yet is because it just hasn’t. It was to be out some years back, or rather it was rumored to be so, so for the better part of the album’s life, it has been locked away from the general public.
Old 04-14-2015, 05:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post

Music is deplorable. Stevie Nicks and Lindsey Buckingham are a duo, and this is considering that they are in a band with three other people. As a matter of fact, not many people can name the other members. Can you?
I have no idea who else is in FM besides Lindsey Nicks and Stevie Buckingham.
Old 04-14-2015, 06:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
I have no idea who else is in FM besides Lindsey Nicks and Stevie Buckingham.
Mick McVie is one of the band members.

Michele
Old 04-14-2015, 06:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Mick McVie is one of the band members.

Michele
Stevie's the dude right?
Lindsey is such a pretty name
Old 06-12-2015, 08:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Buzzfeed posted on Jun. 10, 2015, at 2:52 p.m.

9 Rare Works Of Art Internet Pirates Are Obsessed With

If it exists, it can be ripped.

Pirated? Yes

Look at young Stevie: her hair uncolored, her gaze expectant, her nose intact. Her boyfriend Lindsey’s here too, and their first collaboration was one of the more auspicious songwriting debuts of the 70s. Too bad no one heard it—this album tanked so bad that Nicks had to write “Landslide” just to move on. Later, the duo joined Mick and the McVies for the second (or maybe third) incarnation of Fleetwood Mac, and if you care at all about music, you know the rest of the story. But this forgotten pressing was never officially digitized, not even on CD. You can only hear it now, because somewhere, once, some vinyl nerd ran it through an analog-to-digital converter, copyright be damned.
Old 10-12-2015, 11:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

[from an article about the Tropicana Motel]

The Tropicana Motel’s Totally Rocking Heyday

Joan Jett and the Ramones checked in and out of the West Hollywood hangout. Tom Waits called it home

October 12, 2015 Alison Martino Los Angeles Magazine

- See more at: http://www.lamag.com/citythinkblog/t....cStfN5sp.dpuf

The Dodger's investment no doubt drew clientele to the Tropicana, but the hotel became even more popular after Jerry Heiner and his partners purchased it from Koufax in the late 1960s. The joint was just a hop, skip, and blurry-eyed stumble from the Troubadour and Barney’s Beanery, and as the rock music scene grew up around those venues, the Tropicana became its unofficial HQ. Janis Joplin, Bob Marley, Alice Cooper, Iggy Pop, and members of the Runaways, the Ramones, Blondie, the New York Dolls, and the Clash all passed through. When Jim Morrison couldn't book his usual room at the Alta Cienega Motel around the corner, he'd pass out at the Tropicana instead. According to the Los Angeles Times, Poet William S. Burroughs was occasionally spotted in a lounge chair by the pool, and Stevie Nicks and Lindsey Buckingham of Fleetwood Mac reportedly landed their recording contact while staying at the motel.

- See more at: http://www.lamag.com/citythinkblog/t....cStfN5sp.dpuf
Old 10-13-2015, 01:35 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriskisn View Post
More correctly, if they did release it, would anyone bother to buy a copy? It isn't like we don't all have a bootleg copy of the damn thing.
Having a bootleg and having the actual hard copy released CD is totally different IMO! but that's also why I have every CD, vinyl, and bought a lot of them on ITunes as well of every FM, Stevie, and Lindsey album! I'm a weirdo like that lol.

But I would do almost anything for this to be released on CD. Even if there was no BN tour there would at the very least be TONS of promotion for it! And I'm here for Buckingham Nicks interviews and anything else they wanna do together!
Old 10-13-2015, 02:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriskisn View Post
More correctly, if they did release it, would anyone bother to buy a copy? It isn't like we don't all have a bootleg copy of the damn thing.
exactly. and if just all people who consider it a cult record or whatever and have a bootleg buy it, would it still be even worth releasing it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by haleyd View Post
Having a bootleg and having the actual hard copy released CD is totally different IMO! but that's also why I have every CD, vinyl, and bought a lot of them on ITunes as well of every FM, Stevie, and Lindsey album! I'm a weirdo like that lol.

But I would do almost anything for this to be released on CD. Even if there was no BN tour there would at the very least be TONS of promotion for it! And I'm here for Buckingham Nicks interviews and anything else they wanna do together!
that's probably exactly why they are NOT doing it - either one or both of them probably think just throwing it out there without a promotion would not be worth it (see point above, just a few hardcores who already have the bootleg or original vinyl would buy it!), and staging elaborate promotion for 40+ years old album seems kinda silly and they probably can't agree how to do it.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 10-14-2015, 12:07 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
exactly. and if just all people who consider it a cult record or whatever and have a bootleg buy it, would it still be even worth releasing it?

that's probably exactly why they are NOT doing it - either one or both of them probably think just throwing it out there without a promotion would not be worth it (see point above, just a few hardcores who already have the bootleg or original vinyl would buy it!), and staging elaborate promotion for 40+ years old album seems kinda silly and they probably can't agree how to do it.

Not saying its necessarily "worth" it to release as far as they're concerned, but I personally want it to happen lol! Desperately!!