User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-12-2018, 01:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wdm6789 View Post
Yeah, let’s not get into political discussions on this thread, let’s keep it to what he said about Fleetwood Mac. I agree with Lindsey that the legacy is “harmed”, but on the other hand, if what we keep hearing is true about him wanting to postpone the tour another year is true, I’m on the band’s side. John and Christine are like 75, and John, for all we know is still battling cancer, Lindsey should be on board to tour with them while he still can, he’s the youngest, he still has time to do solo stuff if he wants when Fleetwood Mac is done.
except it's not.

It's the band's attempt at public relations spin.
Old 05-12-2018, 01:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil View Post
Lindsey's comments are vintage Lindsey: passive-aggressive, cryptic and pretentious. I would have had more respect for him if he'd just spoken honestly, clearly stating that he feels betrayed and no longer has any regard for the band.
Noticeably, he makes no comment about his part in proceedings - i.e. the endless dithering and postponing of the tour, not to mention the more-than-cheeky utilisation of the crew for his projected solo gigs in between Mac shows.
There's nothing "classy" about what he did, particularly to seize the opportunity to discuss the matter at a charity gig. Try crude and embittered.
and....you're basing this on.....a public statement by a band in damage control mode, when in fact folks on the crew and others who work with the band have definitively stated this was not the case?
Old 05-12-2018, 02:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
LOL no, I'm a Fleetwood Mac fan, first and foremost. And except for the name Judy Wong, which I've seen often in the liner notes of FM albums, I have no idea who is in any entourage, whether it be Stevie, Mick, or Lindsey. But thanks for confirming that the conspiracy theorists are alive and well here. I thought fiver's post said this woman works with Cameron Crowe, who helped organize this event. In my eyes, she was likely showing her support for a candidate running for office and or supporting her co-worker. In your eyes, she was there solely to spy on Lindsey for Stevie. I'll say it too- gimme a break!

I'm a fan of the band and the members, but not to the extent that I know the names of their family members or friends or entourage. Actually, maybe I should say I'm more a fan of their music rather than the members themselves. I've never really been into idolatry, especially for celebrities. Like a meet and greet for Mick- I wouldn't pay $600 to meet any of them, because, well, it's just not my thing. I couldn't say anything to them they hadn't already heard a million times ("I love your music") but that's fine if other people want to. I don't keep newspaper clippings, or photos, or record every appearance they make. I do buy the group albums and individual albums, but I don't keep them if I don't like them, which is why I got rid of Time, In the Meantime, 24 Karat Gold, and Gift of Screws.
I don't study the band's entourage either, but maybe because I come from the era of actual vinyl albums that had lots of interesting liner notes, etc. which I did read because that was part of the "thing" of listening to an album-- reading the liner notes as you listened etc....... So I recognize names just from that. And I haven't sat and read liner notes for a number of years now. I did have to Google her name when people brought it up because I had no recollection of her role, but the name totally rang a bell.

Guess that makes me a conspiracy theorist. And makes you a far better person.

It's fascinating that people don't understand that rich and famous stars do not, no matter how much PR they put out to the contrary, live their lives like you and I do. They *absolutely* have entourages, posses, handlers, gatekeepers, whatever you want to call it. And they *do* have people on their teams who feel it is their duty to look out for their boss, whatever that takes, including keeping tabs on other band members. People on here have heard directly from various people who work for the band that this goes on.

Do fans need to care about this? Not if they don't want to. But if some people find it interesting, and factor this real info into their understandings of what is going on, it doesn't make them "conspiracy theorists".

Last edited by bombaysaffires; 05-12-2018 at 02:18 PM..
Old 05-12-2018, 02:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
LOL no, I'm a Fleetwood Mac fan, first and foremost. And except for the name Judy Wong, which I've seen often in the liner notes of FM albums, I have no idea who is in any entourage, whether it be Stevie, Mick, or Lindsey. But thanks for confirming that the conspiracy theorists are alive and well here. I thought fiver's post said this woman works with Cameron Crowe, who helped organize this event. In my eyes, she was likely showing her support for a candidate running for office and or supporting her co-worker. In your eyes, she was there solely to spy on Lindsey for Stevie. I'll say it too- gimme a break!

I'm a fan of the band and the members, but not to the extent that I know the names of their family members or friends or entourage. Actually, maybe I should say I'm more a fan of their music rather than the members themselves. I've never really been into idolatry, especially for celebrities. Like a meet and greet for Mick- I wouldn't pay $600 to meet any of them, because, well, it's just not my thing. I couldn't say anything to them they hadn't already heard a million times ("I love your music") but that's fine if other people want to. I don't keep newspaper clippings, or photos, or record every appearance they make. I do buy the group albums and individual albums, but I don't keep them if I don't like them, which is why I got rid of Time, In the Meantime, 24 Karat Gold, and Gift of Screws.
Kellianne was in the IYD documentary movie and Stevie talked about her several times during the interviews/press for it. That's how I know who she is. She would say "Kellianne the one who was wearing the crazy dress in the movie, is my goddaughter she cooked us dinners every night for 20 people."

Last edited by dreamsunwind; 05-12-2018 at 02:27 PM..
Old 05-12-2018, 02:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
I don't study the band's entourage either, but maybe because I come from the era of actual vinyl albums that had lots of interesting liner notes, etc. which I did read because that was part of the "thing" of listening to an album-- reading the liner notes as you listened etc....... So I recognize names just from that. And I haven't sat and read liner notes for a number of years now. I did have to Google her name when people brought it up because I had no recollection of her role, but the name totally rang a bell.

Guess that makes me a conspiracy theorist.

It's fascinating that people don't understand that rich and famous stars do not, no matter how much PR they put out to the contrary, live their lives like you and I do. They *absolutely* have entourages, posses, handlers, gatekeepers, whatever you want to call it. And they *do* have people on their teams who feel it is their duty to look out for their boss, whatever that takes, including keeping tabs on other band members. People on here have heard directly from various people who work for the band that this goes on.

Do fans need to care about this? Not if they don't want to. But if some people find it interesting, and factor this real info into their understandings of what is going on, it doesn't make them "conspiracy theorists".
Like you, I definitely read the liner notes and thank yous, that was always fun for me.

I understand wealthy celebrities have an entourage, I wasn't disagreeing with that. Apparently, the woman in question works with Cameron Crowe on a tv show that actually featured Lindsey on an episode. So why wouldn't it be just as likely she was there for that reason as she was to spy for Stevie? Sure, it's possible Stevie knew about this event (which actually I doubt, because, as others have said, she's very sheltered by her people), and she asked this woman, who apparently has two jobs- one, working on a show with Cameron Crowe and two, is part of Stevie's entourage- to go to the fundraiser and collect intel on Lindsey and his performance. However, it's just as likely she went because she either supports the candidate and she works with Cameron Crowe. I don't care either way, I just think it's funny people are saying she was a spy, that's all. As someone else already said, if she was a spy, all she can tell Stevie is that Lindsey gave a fine performance and made a minute long speech about no longer being a part of FM.

Personally, I prefer the idea that Stevie was secretly there, posing as an activist or one of the staff, wearing glasses and a wig, maybe even trying to sabotage Lindsey's amp. Or maybe passing out fliers for the upcoming FM tour.
Old 05-12-2018, 02:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsunwind View Post
Lindsey said clearly that it was not his choice to leave.
Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
exactly. not my doing and not my choice - how much more clear can you be??

translation for apparently confused - he did nothing to cause it, and he was thrown out against his will.
People (i.e. cops) get put on involuntary, unpaid leave, but don’t get fired.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 05-12-2018, 02:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Like you, I definitely read the liner notes and thank yous, that was always fun for me.

I understand wealthy celebrities have an entourage, I wasn't disagreeing with that. Apparently, the woman in question works with Cameron Crowe on a tv show that actually featured Lindsey on an episode. So why wouldn't it be just as likely she was there for that reason as she was to spy for Stevie? Sure, it's possible Stevie knew about this event (which actually I doubt, because, as others have said, she's very sheltered by her people), and she asked this woman, who apparently has two jobs- one, working on a show with Cameron Crowe and two, is part of Stevie's entourage- to go to the fundraiser and collect intel on Lindsey and his performance. However, it's just as likely she went because she either supports the candidate and she works with Cameron Crowe. I don't care either way, I just think it's funny people are saying she was a spy, that's all. As someone else already said, if she was a spy, all she can tell Stevie is that Lindsey gave a fine performance and made a minute long speech about no longer being a part of FM.

Personally, I prefer the idea that Stevie was secretly there, posing as an activist or one of the staff, wearing glasses and a wig, maybe even trying to sabotage Lindsey's amp. Or maybe passing out fliers for the upcoming FM tour.

AND THE PLOT THICKENS!
Old 05-12-2018, 02:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
Guess that makes me a conspiracy theorist. And makes you a far better person.

Bombaysaffires, I just wanted to add that in no way do I think I'm a better person just because we have differing viewpoints on this. I think you were probably kidding when you said that, but I just wanted to make sure you knew I don't feel that way at all. I may think some people here are conspiracy theorists but maybe you're right and I'm just really naive or gullible

I respect we have different opinions, and I do appreciate hearing where you're coming from and why you feel a certain way. And likewise, I appreciate being able to share my viewpoint and why I feel a certain way.
Old 05-12-2018, 03:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Classy, classy speech. Although it would be hilarious if as a slight dig to Mick and Stevie, he performs either Did You Miss Me or Treason on his next solo tour.
Old 05-12-2018, 03:46 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmn3 View Post
Well, the line was that he has "taken leave" of the band. But I also found that a bit curious. It could just be Lindsey-speak and not mean much but his whole little talk there made it sound like he hadn't shut the door for good on working with the band again.
..working with the band again? Really cannot see this happen.The age factor of the five is the most obvious reason - and the fact that this tour will most likely go to Europe and beyond next year, then a long break, Stevie solo tour perhaps etc. etc...….not to mention the question: how can the 5 work/record/play together AFTER WHAT HAS HAPPENED? This is totally different to 1987 or when Chris retired after The Dance tour.
For me, the most revealing image was the body language and demeanour of John and Chris on the CBS show...…..it spoke volumes.
Old 05-12-2018, 10:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I think we'll see FM give plenty more press as the tour draws closer, but as far as Mick "running away from reporters," two things: first, is anyone from TMZ really considered a reporter? I thought that TMZ was considered glorified paparazzi? And second, if Mick was at the airport, maybe he was running because he was in a hurry? I mean, an airport is not an ideal place to sit down for an interview LOL! I'm trying to imagine catching an airplane and someone running alongside me asking for a comment about something, and in no possible scenario do I imagine myself giving up a flight so I can talk to them.
Agree with you re TMZ, but he wasn't really rushing anywhere for this plane. He was trying to avoid speaking to them. Very out of character for him--he usually appears pretty chatty and friendly when people approach him
Old 05-12-2018, 11:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storms123 View Post
Agree with you re TMZ, but he wasn't really rushing anywhere for this plane. He was trying to avoid speaking to them. Very out of character for him--he usually appears pretty chatty and friendly when people approach him
Yeah, TMZ are a bunch of useless a-holes. I can’t blame Mick or any celebrity not wanting to talk to them.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 05-12-2018, 11:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storms123 View Post
Mick not wanting to get attention from the press? He was avoiding them like the plague for one reason....gumby knows he f#cked up big time.
Old 05-12-2018, 11:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
I would edit that comment if I were you. Not saying I don't agree with you, but it's going to cause an explosion here and we have enough of that right now.
I think it’s common knowledge that if Lindsey were a Republican, he would probably be kicked out California, the band and have his Grammies taken away. It’s the least surprising thing about Lindsey. You would never find a entertainer of his stature at a Republican event. Nutcases would make it their mission to ruin his or her career or beat them up.
Old 05-13-2018, 12:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jondalar View Post
I think it’s common knowledge that if Lindsey were a Republican, he would probably be kicked out California, the band and have his Grammies taken away. It’s the least surprising thing about Lindsey. You would never find a entertainer of his stature at a Republican event. Nutcases would make it their mission to ruin his or her career or beat them up.
That's ridiculous. As long as he didn't act like an a hole like Ted Nugent. Are you that ignorant that you think California is 100 percent liberal? It's not. And by the way your little dig basically saying "liberals are nutcases" did not go un noticed. KNOCK IT OFF ON THIS BOARD. And btw there are plenty of successful republican musicians and actors. Get an education.