The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-02-2013, 01:38 AM
Junior Ledgie

Default Live (1980) - remastered and expanded???

Yesterday I read the article on wikipedia about the 1980 live album by FM, and I found this:
"A remastered & expanded version of Live is to be released sometime in late 2013 by Rhino/Warner. A track listing for any extra tracks has yet to be announced." (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Live_%2...d_Mac_album%29)

But unfortunately, there was no source given. Does anyone know something about this?
Old 11-02-2013, 03:47 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by depp91 View Post
Yesterday I read the article on wikipedia about the 1980 live album by FM, and I found this:
"A remastered & expanded version of Live is to be released sometime in late 2013 by Rhino/Warner. A track listing for any extra tracks has yet to be announced." (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Live_%2...d_Mac_album%29)

But unfortunately, there was no source given. Does anyone know something about this?
this probably is referring to the collection of 3 live CDs from the early 70s, and they've got their wires crossed (unfortunately)
Old 11-04-2013, 02:03 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Well, sad to know that it's not official sources yet, but if this is true and one day Rhino/Warner release a new and expanded version of Live, I hope they don't forget two essential and very important songs: THE CHAIN & TUSK. TUSK!!!!!! We're in the Tusk Tour!!!!
Regards!
Old 11-09-2013, 12:17 AM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by depp91 View Post

Don't hold your breath on that one. There was a similar snippet about Mirage being remastered and expanded about 2 years ago and then disappeared outta nowhere and no remaster unfortunately. Long story short, Wikipedia is not a very reliable source.

Last edited by FutureGames71; 11-09-2013 at 12:24 AM..
Old 11-09-2013, 12:23 AM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureGames71 View Post
Don't hold your breath on that one. There was a similar snippet about Mirage being remastered and expanded about 2 years ago and then disappeared outta nowhere and no remaster unfortunately. Long story short, Wikipedia is not a very reliable source.
And what do you know? It magically reappears

"A remastered & expanded version of Mirage is to be released sometime in early 2014 by Rhino/Warner. A track listing for any extra tracks has yet to be announced."
Lets see how long it lasts this time.
Old 11-09-2013, 07:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Question

I recall something about them having 400 hours of recordings to go through when they chose the tracks for the 1980 Live album. I know this won't happen. but I wonder how many discs it would take to release all 400 hours worth?

John
Old 11-09-2013, 09:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wetcamelfood View Post
I recall something about them having 400 hours of recordings to go through when they chose the tracks for the 1980 Live album. I know this won't happen. but I wonder how many discs it would take to release all 400 hours worth?

John
Approx 333 (an average cd holds 70 minutes in the old days).
Old 11-09-2013, 10:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I would love a soundboard recording of every Rhiannon from every Tusk Tour show.
Old 11-09-2013, 11:33 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by SorcererJP View Post
Approx 333 (an average cd holds 70 minutes in the old days).
Wow! I just converted hours to minutes and divided by 79 (since you can get 79 minutes on a disc) and it's 303 (and change, so say 304). I dread to think what the suggested retail price for a 304 CD set would be!

John
Old 11-09-2013, 02:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Wow! I just converted hours to minutes and divided by 79 (since you can get 79 minutes on a disc) and it's 303 (and change, so say 304). I dread to think what the suggested retail price for a 304 CD set would be!

John
But they could make them available for download, which might compromise sound integrity, but we'd have something better than the demos that we've all been circulating of other stuff.

So, people could each download 10 and if they found anything outstanding then they could recommend it to everyone else. Oh, there's a superlative Farmer's Daughter ... or they made a mistake on GYOW, check it out.

Michele
Old 11-10-2013, 11:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I recall something about them having 400 hours of recordings to go through when they chose the tracks for the 1980 Live album. I know this won't happen.
It's probably been happening already. Somebody went through the live archives and grabbed some 1977 recordings for last year's big Rumours multi-CD set. Has anyone on the Ledge talked about that? I keep it in my car's CD player. I can't get enough of it. Those live cuts take you right back to the stadiums in summer 1977.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 11-10-2013, 12:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
But they could make them available for download, which might compromise sound integrity, but we'd have something better than the demos that we've all been circulating of other stuff.

So, people could each download 10 and if they found anything outstanding then they could recommend it to everyone else. Oh, there's a superlative Farmer's Daughter ... or they made a mistake on GYOW, check it out.

Michele
I have the "Sara / Farmers Daughter" Maxi single 45 disc
It still sounds good...
Old 11-10-2013, 04:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
It's probably been happening already. Somebody went through the live archives and grabbed some 1977 recordings for last year's big Rumours multi-CD set. Has anyone on the Ledge talked about that? I keep it in my car's CD player. I can't get enough of it. Those live cuts take you right back to the stadiums in summer 1977.
I got that set back in June for my birthday. I listen to the live disc all the time. Love the Intro bit a la Tusk and the live Oh Daddy, GDW, and The Chain.

More live CD's from the Mac would be awesome.
Old 11-11-2013, 11:03 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Didn't someone recently ask Mick at one of the meet and greets, and he confirmed that Warner is working on more reissues?
I'm not the man you think I am. My love has never lived indoors - I had to drag it home by four, hired hounds at both my wrists, damp and bruised by strangers' kisses on my lips. But you're the one that I still miss. Neko Case
Old 11-11-2013, 12:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Japan had...

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarmaContestant View Post
Didn't someone recently ask Mick at one of the meet and greets, and he confirmed that Warner is working on more reissues?
released some reissues but for the albums from the years 1969-1974:

http://lossless-galaxy.ru/lossless_g...apan-2013.html

"To acknowledge death is to accept freedom and responsibility."

"Fleetwood Mac and its fans remind me of a toilet plunger...keep bringing up old sh*t..."