rhiannon

sylm

mondaymorning

gyow
Old 03-14-2009, 06:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HejiraNYC View Post
I overheard one of FM's security detail mention that the only thing Stevie cannot tolerate is flashbulbs. Other than that, it seems that anything goes photography-wise. I mean, it was insane last night- it seems like every twit with a Crackberry was texting and taking pictures as if Jesus had returned. I mean, enjoy the show, people!!
I have never been able to take pictures- I am way too focused on the show. I am so thankful to the folks here who do!
Old 03-14-2009, 07:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jannieC View Post
I have never been able to take pictures- I am way too focused on the show. I am so thankful to the folks here who do!
Oh... don't get me wrong. I am extremely grateful to those who take pictures and video and upload them to the interwebs. But 99% of these people are using crappy cellphones and will take such crappy footage that they will just throw them out anyway. And it's not opening night- there's no need to text people. So unless you are using decent equipment and/or plan to upload and share, or unless they suddenly perform "Sisters of the Moon" , just don't bother with the hassle and enjoy the show! That's all...
Old 03-14-2009, 09:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn View Post
They did it in the Tusk documentary.
Thank you for the great review.
Where is this pretend skating at in the Tusk doc? I've never seen it so I'm curious where to look...
Old 03-14-2009, 09:56 PM
Ledgie

^^ Was it the Tusk documentary? I could have sworn it was the "Rosebud" special where Christine is playing the organ and they're doing the pretend skating. Was it in the Tusk documentary as well? I know it was for sure in Rosebud.
Old 03-14-2009, 10:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayt1234 View Post
^^ Was it the Tusk documentary? I could have sworn it was the "Rosebud" special where Christine is playing the organ and they're doing the pretend skating. Was it in the Tusk documentary as well? I know it was for sure in Rosebud.
Ok...Rosebud...do you know what song Chris is playing? Never seen this either...well just bits and pieces on youtube...wonder if that's out there??

Thanks!
Old 03-14-2009, 10:12 PM
Ledgie

It was right after "Say You Love Me". Christine's playing around on her organ and it almost sounds like circus music...very trippy. I looked on youtube but didn't see it. All youtube had was the actual performance of "Say You Love Me". It's right after the performance ends. Does anyone have it out there?
Old 03-14-2009, 10:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayt1234 View Post
Oldtimer's disease sets in. Was it in Rosebud? I know Christine is playing the organ but I could've sworn Linds had short hair.
Old 03-14-2009, 11:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HejiraNYC View Post
I overheard one of FM's security detail mention that the only thing Stevie cannot tolerate is flashbulbs. Other than that, it seems that anything goes photography-wise. I mean, it was insane last night- it seems like every twit with a Crackberry was texting and taking pictures as if Jesus had returned. I mean, enjoy the show, people!!
Yeah, you don't just have to worry about the person in front of you blocking the view. You have people in back and on the side of you sticking their cameras in front of your face, so their lens can pick up more of the stage. And they do it as if having their big hairy arm in your face shouldn't be disruptive to you.

Michele
Old 03-14-2009, 11:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreaming View Post
Where is this pretend skating at in the Tusk doc? I've never seen it so I'm curious where to look...
Yes, I remember that, but I didn't know what the heck they were doing. It's in Tusk (well, I think, but now everyone else has me uncertain), but the footage is from earlier and I don't know if they were still together or not. Lindsey definitely had long hair. Stevie is trying to guide Lindsey and he is saying something like, "what's that now?" He was puzzled about what she was trying to do, but he was moving along with her, being very indulgent and sweet. That moment always struck me, but I didn't know they were pretending to skate.

I wanted to say that when Mick introduced Lindsey he said that he was a a lead guitarist, a fantastic vocalist and that aside from that, he had magic fingers. So, Mick thinks Lindsey has magic fingers aside from being a guitarist? What exactly is he implying?

I read that at one show Mick forgot to introduce John. He introduced him last night and asked if it had really been over 40 years and John briskly shook his head, indicating that he wasn't going to admit that it had been 40+ years.

Michele
Old 03-14-2009, 11:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn View Post
One of the earliest piano demos I have heard of Gypsy refers to "The year of the child" which may well have been in '78.
On edit: It was 1979. Link here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interna...r_of_the_Child

thanks for that
so i suppose she takes the date from when she 'created' it
*thinks* gypsy on Tusk...that could have been pretty cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Well, it was just a kind of fumbling and I was thinking, "what on earth is he doing?" I guess it was more cute than hot.

I'm with you about the bed on the floor. Interesting trip down memory lane.

Michele

im still tryin to envisage this...
she has pockets on her dress?
like besides the one where her lil "unit" is

i love how she's got all these little stories
she just comes up with
i like when she talks to the audience
Old 03-15-2009, 12:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetAngel86 View Post

i love how she's got all these little stories
she just comes up with
i like when she talks to the audience
I don't think she really has a pocket on the left side of her dress. Just the one with the unit, like you said. However, when I see Lindsey fumbling at her side and I don't know what it's about I just reason to myself that maybe he's trying to get into her pocket, because I was at a loss .

I love Stevie's stories too. Michele
Old 03-15-2009, 12:42 AM
FMlex
This message has been deleted by FMlex.
Old 03-15-2009, 01:46 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
However, when I see Lindsey fumbling at her side and I don't know what it's about I just reason to myself that maybe he's trying to get into her pocket, because I was at a loss .
he was trying to find coins for the vending machine?

Quote:

I wanted to say that when Mick introduced Lindsey he said that he was a a lead guitarist, a fantastic vocalist and that aside from that, he had magic fingers. So, Mick thinks Lindsey has magic fingers aside from being a guitarist? What exactly is he implying?

oooooh this band and their elusiveness
you know, many a person has spoken about how lindsey's guitar playage would be indicative of him being good in bed
er, but dare i wonder how Mick would know that...if he's eluding to his magic fingers not being in relation to the playing of one's guitar?
Old 03-15-2009, 01:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
oooooh this band and their elusiveness
you know, many a person has spoken about how lindsey's guitar playage would be indicative of him being good in bed
er, but dare i wonder how Mick would know that...if he's eluding to his magic fingers not being in relation to the playing of one's guitar?
Well, watching the digits move on Big Love, does lead one to speculate and Carol did lead one to that conclusion in her book . . .

Mick said that he loved Peter like a brother and that sometimes they would just cuddle up in bed together. I don't know how close he and Lindsey have gotten.

Quote:
he was trying to find coins for the vending machine?
Or the key to her skates. Are you familiar with that old song: I got a brand new pair of roller skates. You got a brand new key. I think that we should get together and try them out you see.

Michele
Old 03-15-2009, 04:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Well, watching the digits move on Big Love, does lead one to speculate and Carol did lead one to that conclusion in her book . . .

i havent read her book
i didn't know it was a 'fact'
but it's not hard to believe
they did big love on SYW? i have no memory of seeing this
im always brainwashed by ISA

Quote:
Mick said that he loved Peter like a brother and that sometimes they would just cuddle up in bed together. I don't know how close he and Lindsey have gotten.

more info than i wanted to know
but it's like that interview they did before SYW kicked off
and they were asked if they would all have sep rooms/beds
or just all sleep together
i don't think it would be that surprising to hear

Quote:
Or the key to her skates. Are you familiar with that old song: I got a brand new pair of roller skates. You got a brand new key. I think that we should get together and try them out you see.
nooo i dont know it
but i'd buy it
she was a ballerina
maybe in a past life they were figure skaters