User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-14-2009, 01:43 AM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnchantedKiwi View Post

This has got to be one of my favourite Landslides ever. I love at the end how they arent in time with each other and they both start laughing its pretty much awesome
Lindsey, I bet ... was trying to pay her back for her saying on the radio interview... that he would be standing there "whistlein' " waiting for her to return to the mic ... LOL...

Donnie Wayne ~
Old 03-14-2009, 02:05 AM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonWaterPoet View Post
Lindsey, I bet ... was trying to pay her back for her saying on the radio interview... that he would be standing there "whistlein' " waiting for her to return to the mic ... LOL...

Donnie Wayne ~
Was Lindsey being a 'smart ass'... by stopping the music... with his big EARS... Should we fly Christine over to the States to give him a 'slapin' too'...
This video looks different everytime I watch it...

Donnie Wayne ~
Old 03-14-2009, 06:03 AM
Addicted Ledgie

That Landslide video is amazing. Thanks for sharing!

Fleetwood Mac - Glendale, Arizona - 5/24/09 ♥
Fleetwood Mac - Oberhausen, Germany - 10/12/09 ♥
Old 03-14-2009, 07:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie

thanks for the reviews.
Old 03-14-2009, 07:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Then, I met up with the other people. They said Mick said that they were going to take a break of twelve days and then go to EUROPE and AUSTRALIA. So, there you go. They said he was really nice and that he could have talked to them for hours if someone didn't tell him he had to get going.
O My GOOOOOOOOOOOODDDDD!!!!

They'll come to Europe!!!!!!! Do you know when?????

Old 03-14-2009, 08:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Thanks for the great review Michele. So Stevie thinks Gypsy is from Tusk, hun? Maybe it's time to provide Stevie with a telepromter, matching each song with the album it's from. I wonder why they film every show. Does anyone know if they did this for SYW? Is it common practice? I do recall Stevie saying on one of her recent solo outings that every show was filmed (maybe Crystal Visions)??
Old 03-14-2009, 08:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

This has got to be one of my favourite Landslides ever. I love at the end how they arent in time with each other and they both start laughing its pretty much awesome
OMG, this actually brought a tear to my eye (seriously), that is the most beautiful thing I think I have seen/heard in a long long time. Thank you for posting this.
Old 03-14-2009, 08:23 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Wow, excellent review Michelej1!! You pretty much nailed it in your assessment... I don't think I have anything else to add. But just to clarify, as ISA began, they let up only the first two rows, so since I was in Row 2 on the outer aisle, you'd better believe I walked right up and parked myself in between Mama and Liddy! Where were you parked? Did you also have to deal with the haggard drunken woman with the Whiskey-n-Marlboro voice croaking "Stevie, I love you," over and over again? Or does that pretty much describe half of Stevie's female fanbase? Anyway she kept using my shoulder as a tripod, and I was this close to slapping down a bitch. Srsly...

As my first show of the tour, I have to admit that I was surprisingly impressed by Lindsey and being up at the stage, it kinda gave me goosepimples seeing him in his "zone." It was like Lindsey was on Guitar Hero Survivor or something like that- just working it like he had something to prove. And other than "Big Love" and SYLM, I thought his vocals were pretty spot-on. He seriously needs to drop "Big Love" though... Mama, on the other hand, really phoned it in IMHO . I mean, I loved that she was sounding as good as ever and that she was all smiley and in a good mood. And the woman does look incredibly slender and flawless, even from a few feet away . But it seems like she was just really, really holding back until the last third of the show. I know the adage about not giving it all away in the first Act, but how 'bout giving just a little morsel away to keep up our blood sugar levels?

As for the arena, from what I can tell it was about 90-95% sold out; only the upper, upper reaches of the nosebleeds were a little bare. And Nassau is pretty huge, so that was no small feat- probably about 15,000 out of 16,000 seats were filled.
Old 03-14-2009, 09:23 AM
Ledgie

Greetings All! I've been a silent visitor on this board for years, so it's about time I said hello with my first post today.

Michele, as always, FANTASTIC review of The Mac's magic!!!

I'm catching the tour tonight at Mohegan and was wondering if a tour book/program has surfaced yet at the shows?

Dreams,
Melissa
Old 03-14-2009, 09:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonWaterPoet View Post
Was Lindsey being a 'smart ass'... by stopping the music... with his big EARS... Should we fly Christine over to the States to give him a 'slapin' too'...
This video looks different everytime I watch it...

Donnie Wayne ~
They were joking around with each other. I hardly think he needs to be slapped for having a little fun with Stevie.

"She has an exquisite femininity"......Lindsey
Old 03-14-2009, 09:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Talking

OMG MICHELE!
it's just after 1am here and after reading this
im never getting to sleep
im all warm and fuzzy and laughin like a crazy person in the dark

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
They said Mick said that they were going to take a break of twelve days and then go to EUROPE and AUSTRALIA.
AAAAAAAAAH DAMMIT
i will miss them in Oz WHY WHY WHY
they should START a tour in a foreign land

Quote:
Instead of glaring at Lindsey like he stuck her with a hot poker (or refused to) every time their eyes meet as she did the first night, now she is glowing and twinkling at him. They could be in high school.
or read: they could be HIGH...
were they?

Quote:
Now, I didn't get the Gypsy intro the first time, so I loved it tonight. She states that Gypsy is from the Tusk album.

wtf?????
is Mama losing her marbles?
Mirage is an awesome record

Quote:
She says that she and Lindsey used to have a floor on the bed, because it's all they could afford.
um...what's with all the bed references of late Stevie?

her bed in Phoenix wasnt on the floor...what's she doing being all nostalgic and sh!t? this is hilarious. i like sleeping on the floor too...but Stevie?

Quote:
Finally, when they finish the song she says, "Sometimes we can be clowns."
again, were they high?

Quote:
For Storms Stevie says it's another song from 1978 (like she thinks Gypsy is) and she says it is about stormy people, stormy relationships and stormy problems.

um...maybe she WROTE the song in 78?

Quote:
When they return to the stage for Silver Springs, Lindsey is gesturing at Stevie's waist and I think he is trying to put his hand in her pocket.
@ least it aint Waddy goin for round 2 under her shawl

was this hot or cutesy?
coz im in the gutter ur fault tho with that previous Waddy-ness

Quote:
She says, "We used to do that a long time ago. We used to pretend to skate, but we really weren't skating," she chuckles. Seriously? How sad for you. You two were so poor that you actually had skating hallucinations?

they must have been on some hard sh!t back in the day to conjure up those kinda hallucinations
Old 03-14-2009, 09:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

This was great to see and in just an hour or two after the show. This is one number where having the split screen for the ending is priceless. Thanks. Michele
Old 03-14-2009, 09:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellaDonna93 View Post
O My GOOOOOOOOOOOODDDDD!!!!

They'll come to Europe!!!!!!! Do you know when?????
No, I don't know because I didn't talk to him myself. But they said he said the band would take a 12 day break. So, I guess they'd be heading to Europe after that break.

Michele
Old 03-14-2009, 10:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HejiraNYC View Post
But just to clarify, as ISA began, they let up only the first two rows, so since I was in Row 2 on the outer aisle, you'd better believe I walked right up and parked myself in between Mama and Liddy! Where were you parked? ....

the ham in the SnL sandwich

i would love to go to a show with you, michele and sandymac omg you girlz are crazy funny. i can imagine the running commentary that goes along during each show

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly View Post
They were joking around with each other. I hardly think he needs to be slapped for having a little fun with Stevie.
Maybe Linds likes Stevie slapping him?
I'd go to a show with u too
maybe they could do a demonstration for us ... whilst "skating"
Old 03-14-2009, 10:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HejiraNYC View Post
Wow, excellent review Michelej1!! You pretty much nailed it in your assessment... I don't think I have anything else to add. But just to clarify, as ISA began, they let up only the first two rows, so since I was in Row 2 on the outer aisle, you'd better believe I walked right up and parked myself in between Mama and Liddy! Where were you parked?

I was under Lindsey's mic. I didn't see that lady, but there were many other characters. They distribute themselves pretty evenly . Well, I'm glad to hear Lindsey's voice held up for the most part. You know, for me I can't tell and I don't think it really matters during the show, but it's nice to know he's not off key the entire time. I have a problem with the way he stretches out his SYLM verse. It's not that his voice sounds so bad to me, it's that he's really taking the tune out of the lines. But I guess I'll let him butcher one line out of a setlist.

I still enjoy Big Love, but I think it should have a rest. I suppose people expect it after The Dance, but it's more familiar than GYOW at this point. It needs to leave or to be updated. Yes, we needed the full band version that everyone asked for.

Michele