Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-16-2004, 09:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Concert "Rules"

If you are in the fith row, is it impolite to make a beeline to the stage?

We were frail...
Save us...
Old 05-16-2004, 09:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default Concert "Rules"

I'd say NO - unless you start pushing people around to do it... I'm sure everyone in the front will welcome you and they probably won't care - cause their just so damn happy to have front row..
Old 05-16-2004, 09:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Only if it's allowed. I wouldn't go uninvited. The people in front row probably had to pay a arm and a leg so it's not nice just to go up there and "crowd" them. Thats just my opinion ( No I never have been front row)
Old 05-16-2004, 10:34 AM
Senior Ledgie

Depending upon how draconian the security is, you may not even get the chance to move out of your row. Each venue seems to be different, so even if the fans around you might not mind if you're up front, some thug with a power trip might send you back to your seat.
Old 05-16-2004, 10:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacMan
I'd say NO - unless you start pushing people around to do it... I'm sure everyone in the front will welcome you and they probably won't care - cause their just so damn happy to have front row..
But to do this, wouldn't you have to climb over four layers of chairs?

We were frail...
Save us...
Old 05-16-2004, 10:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm in the second row for the Hershey show... Will it most likely be easy for me to get up to the front of the stage? Just wondering.
-Kate
Old 05-16-2004, 11:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

I'd say it depends on security. At my show (Indianapolis last year), two people climbed over the rows during Silver Springs, and Security made them go back to where they came from. I myself didn't try to move up a row or two, because my seats were 3rd row & I had a nice view of everything from where I was without moving closer.
Old 05-16-2004, 11:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Yeah, it completely depends on th venue...and just don't be a jerk about it...at the McCartney concert I went to people were coming from all over the arena, shoving those of us who paid an arm and a leg for floor seats out of the way...and I got into a shouting match with an old man from New York....so let the people who are actually supposed to be there have precedence....and if there's room for ya and it's allowed go for it...but yeah...as long as your cool about it you'll be fine...
Old 05-16-2004, 11:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamondsnake
If you are in the fith row, is it impolite to make a beeline to the stage?
Yes. It all depends on the security and the crowd, though. The people in the front row probably jumped through hoops to get those tickets, so they'd be pretty pissed to see someone try to cramp their space, and respectively so. Security is *really* tight around the the first few rows, so it might not be easy to get to the stage from where you are. At my show last year, they only let the first three rows move up to the stage and turned people away who tried to get up there form others rows. Good luck, but be respectful to the people who paid loads of money to be there.

Old 05-16-2004, 11:46 AM
Addicted Ledgie

At the Nashville show, I was 5th row and didn't try to rush the stage. Someone in the 4th row, climbed over chairs to get to the stage. This individual fell and was tangled in folding chairs. He/she eventually got to the stage. Security also let a few more people go up there. However, as others have said, the people in the front row paid big money to get those seats. We all want to get closer to them, but you have to be respectful of other fans. JMO
Old 05-16-2004, 02:00 PM
bluewhitefire
This message has been deleted by bluewhitefire.
Old 05-16-2004, 02:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

this is what the band is going to start playing over the loudspeakers from now on:

Concert Rules.

When You Come To Our Concert
As You Always Do
You Most Follow The... Concert Rules
And The Security Is Ruuuthless
With the rules they enforce
We might even play Crystal
If you just follow the rules
But we are fools

He Will Burn You Down
Old 05-16-2004, 02:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsySorcerer
At the Nashville show, I was 5th row and didn't try to rush the stage. Someone in the 4th row, climbed over chairs to get to the stage. This individual fell and was tangled in folding chairs. He/she eventually got to the stage. Security also let a few more people go up there. However, as others have said, the people in the front row paid big money to get those seats. We all want to get closer to them, but you have to be respectful of other fans. JMO
Well I don't want to make a fool of myself and get tangled up in a folding chair! I just want to take full advantage of being so close to the stage, I just don't know what is inapropriate. Like everyone is saying sometimes the first several rows can move up to the stage. Does that mean the people behind them can move up to where they had been sitting?

We were frail...
Save us...
Old 05-16-2004, 07:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluewhitefire
i jsut went to the atlanta show and i had 7th row seats which i paid 400$ for!!!!!!! anyways i was in my seat about 15 minutes before the show started and i went up and asked the security gaurd pollitlye if they were letting anyone stand at the stage and he was like only the first 4 rows and i said thank you and started to walk off dissa pointed of course althoug my 7th row seat was great i was on the asile on stevies side !! but as i walked away he said maybe we can worksomething out for you!!! i said thank you soooo much!!!
so after the 1st song i kept looking at him and FINIALLY right when rhiannonstarted he motined me up and i stood at the stage the whole time!!!
i was lucky
~!shanna
I think it depends on the venue and if you know a lot of people who are really in the front row. I was at the Atlanta show last night, paid a lot for my tickets on front row of the "box" on Lindsey's side (about 15 feet from the stage) and know for a fact that at least 6 or 7 people were up there that had pit and orchestra tickets (not front row). I think it's luck, how lax the security is, and if you know people. I had an excellent time anyway, but was still a bit miffed that people who paid half as much as I did made their way to the front (before the show started) just because of who they "knew" up there.

We got major Lindsey loving anyway, and we weren't even front row. But more on that later in my review

Old 05-16-2004, 09:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

You know, last night really made me incredibly aware that a lot of the Fleetwood Mac internet *superfans* are out for number one. Evidently, it's OKAY to pay for a ticket at the ass end of the pit and the ass end of the orchestra and stand at the stage, passing around your friends ticket stub so you can stay there. I paid more than face value for my seat. There are a lot of people who paid for the platinum package that didn't stand at the stage because these people were taking their spots. IMO, if you are not in the first few rows of the pit, you do not belong standing at the stage. I don't care how many times you've been Lindsey's Come girl, how many times he's thrown you a towel, kissed you, or whatever. It isn't right and it isn't fair to others that have paid good money for their seats for you to set up shop in front of the stage because you're so obsessed, you can't sit a few rows back and let others have the experience for a change. Basically, my advice to everyone would be to act like a total J.O., buy a crappy ticket, have a friend in the front row, lie, be ruthless and and join them. Happy concert going my friends

I had an amazing time last night and the concert was incredible. I'll let Meredith post her review and add to it. I'm still undecided how to put everything I want to say into words...however, as you can tell, words don't escape me at the moment
Old 05-16-2004, 09:45 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GardenStateGirlie
You know, last night really made me incredibly aware that a lot of the Fleetwood Mac internet *superfans* are out for number one. Evidently, it's OKAY to pay for a ticket at the ass end of the pit and the ass end of the orchestra and stand at the stage, passing around your friends ticket stub so you can stay there. I paid more than face value for my seat. There are a lot of people who paid for the platinum package that didn't stand at the stage because these people were taking their spots. IMO, if you are not in the first few rows of the pit, you do not belong standing at the stage. I don't care how many times you've been Lindsey's Come girl, how many times he's thrown you a towel, kissed you, or whatever. It isn't right and it isn't fair to others that have paid good money for their seats for you to set up shop in front of the stage because you're so obsessed, you can't sit a few rows back and let others have the experience for a change. Basically, my advice to everyone would be to act like a total J.O., buy a crappy ticket, have a friend in the front row, lie, be ruthless and and join them. Happy concert going my friends
AMEN!!!! If you wanna be down front, buy a ticket down front. A lot of people worked hard to get and paid a lot of money for those tickets. Show some respect. And by the way, I would've loved to be down front, but I tend to believe in letting the people who actually bought those tickets not be crowded out by people who feel they deserve to be down there for whatever reason.

I witnessed a lot of that crap first hand last night.

Whew! Okay, end of rant.