User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-23-2007, 02:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Upload Question

Hi guys,

I just got a new Mac and I can't transfer all of my songs from my Itunes to my new Itunes Library. So I thought I would upload all my music from this computer and send it in large files through my email and download the link on my mac. So, how do you use this site? It is not letting me upload entire folders. It will only let me select one file (one song) to upload at a time. Is there an easier way to do this or a better website that will let me upload large folders at a time??

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
Old 08-23-2007, 04:27 PM
Registered

The way you're thinking about doing it would take weeks because you would have to compress and uncompress all the folders you plan on uploading.

The easier way of doing things is going through these steps, click FILE in ITUNES, then find and click BACKUP TO DISC. Follow the steps to backup your library and make sure you label each disc, ONE, TWO, THREE so on and so fourth.

When this process finishes, insert the first disc into your Mac, iTunes should open and ask you if "YOU WOULD LIKE TO RESTORE FROM THIS BACKUP DISC?" Click RESTORE and insert the next disc when prompted. When the restore is complete, check to make sure you have everything and you're all set.
Old 08-24-2007, 08:03 AM
Addicted Ledgie

or...

if you have an external hard drive, you can move your iTunes folder from your old computer to your external hard drive and then drop it in your Mac and voila!