The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Lindsey Buckingham
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
View Poll Results: will LB do request tour? if yes, how many by-request songs would you like him to do?
1 0 0%
2 0 0%
3 0 0%
4 0 0%
5 2 15.38%
6 1 7.69%
7 0 0%
8 4 30.77%
i don't want to guess - he will never do it, he's too much of a chicken 6 46.15%
no reason to guess, he will never tour solo again 0 0%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-02-2013, 03:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by shackin'up View Post
I'd voted for 8. He Will never do that, the controlfreak (which is something else than a chicken). I'd ask him if he'd do:

The Ledge
Save Me A Place
What Makes You Think You're The One
That's All For Everyone
That's Enough For Me
Not That Funny
Walk A Thin Line

I Know I 'm Not Wrong

HA.
oh yeah, especially to bolded ones.

he's both, probably.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 09-02-2013, 05:08 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post

yes, that's what he described last year in Knoxville, when bunch of us upfront (well, mostly Ryan and me lol) kept yelling different requests at him and told him we are offering him choices (Down on Rodeo, Red Rover, Underground, etc).

he said "choices. that's right! my choices" and laughed. audience found that very funny (instead of agreeing with me that it should be my choices ).

then he said "these guys, they go to all these shows and are always making trouble... always trying to get me to do stuff. i said next time i would do a request portion of the show. in fact what i could have back here is like a blackboard and an easel, and like in front of the restaurant the menu of requests... possible requests and... i don't know? next time, ok?"

something like that.
Ha! That's hilarious. That reminds me of a vid I saw on YouTube where someone requests Tusk and he's like "I can't do Tusk tonight, but I promise Ill do it next time, Ill do whatever you want" and makes this hilarious face like (yeah like ill actually do it) lol was that you?

And i would pay to know his thoughts when he sees you from the stage. I bet he loves you but he's prob like "oh god what do they got for me tonight?"
Old 09-02-2013, 06:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by getTusked View Post
Ha! That's hilarious. That reminds me of a vid I saw on YouTube where someone requests Tusk and he's like "I can't do Tusk tonight, but I promise Ill do it next time, Ill do whatever you want" and makes this hilarious face like (yeah like ill actually do it) lol was that you?

And i would pay to know his thoughts when he sees you from the stage. I bet he loves you but he's prob like "oh god what do they got for me tonight?"
you mean this video:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsfan View Post
no that was not me / us. it was in CT so maybe it was my dear friend London? or Amlyn? either way, i agree - it's adorable!

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 09-02-2013, 06:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceLover View Post
Another issue he is going to have is the tuning of his guitars. Stan tunes them differently for each song on every tour. How is he going to have each tune ready?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormwind View Post
Yes, I haven't thought about his guitar settings. He has 4-5 electric guitars tuned differently, same story for the acoustic ones. But every single guitar is tuned for songs that he decided.
This could represent a problem, because some of his songs are bit quirky in terms of tuning.
Quote:
yes, definitely. they'd probably have to take more guitars on the road.

but, don't forget that he can do several songs on one guitar / tuning - he used red "Trouble" guitar last year for Trouble, Rock Away Blind, Rodeo, and Walk a Thin Line.

Maybe he could do something like this! Skip to about 1:06 to see what I mean.

Just a dream, just a dream.
Old 09-02-2013, 06:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelloMonster View Post
Maybe he could do something like this! Skip to about 1:06 to see what I mean.

that would be sooooo nice to watch! it's probably still my favorite part of LB's 92Y interview - his furiously fast tuning of his guitar. but he'd probably really dislike that.

Old 09-02-2013, 06:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
that would be sooooo nice to watch! it's probably still my favorite part of LB's 92Y interview - his furiously fast tuning of his guitar. but he'd probably really dislike that.
Yeah you're right, that would put a lot of strain on the strings. Lots of snapping! But it's nice to dream.
Just a dream, just a dream.
Old 09-02-2013, 11:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

If A&E would just revive Live By Request,
he would only have to do one request show.

I imagine those request shows (A&E or a tour)
could be faked. I'm quite sure A&E's was setup
in advance, or at the very least picked over.

Drop your names in a box at the beginning of
a show. Lindsey comes on stage, greets the
audience and pulls out a request. He says
"someone requested Big Love" so...
Old 09-03-2013, 01:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
hahaha this is hilarious in its accuracy!
It is hilarious in its accuracy, isn't it! Oh Linds, you're getting older too....:P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormwind View Post
Yes, I haven't thought about his guitar settings. He has 4-5 electric guitars tuned differently, same story for the acoustic ones. But every single guitar is tuned for songs that he decided.
This could represent a problem, because some of his songs are bit quirky in terms of tuning.
This is probably the reason why he doesn't do requests at all. He doesn't want to disrupt the flow of his tightly controlled show. It would be too difficult to cater to everyone shouting requests.

This isn't to say that I don't want a request show. That'd be awesome and so off the cuff for him!