The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Lindsey Buckingham
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-08-2011, 12:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I attended your Tusk presentation in Boston with another Ledgie. We had a great time! It was a blast hearing all those songs performed live. Fleetwood Mac should take their cues from you guys!
Old 12-08-2011, 01:27 PM
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLBAS View Post
Hi fellow Ledgies/Lindsey fans. I am the drummer in the Lindsey Buckingham Appreciation Society, a collective of musicians/Lindsey & Mac obsessives based out of Philadelphia. We performed Tusk in its entirety over 3 shows in May 2010. We'll be presenting the follow-up, 1982's Mirage - along with other assorted Lindsey/Mac gems - Feb. 17 in Philly and Feb. 18 in Brooklyn. Feel free to check out our website for more info. Thanks!
Awesome. Loved your version of TUSK.
Old 12-08-2011, 02:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

AWESOME!! This will be amazing. Everyone there will have a great night!
Old 12-08-2011, 07:43 PM
Senior Ledgie

You could do "Temporary One" for the encore. I know it's not a Mirage era song but it fits the whole "Mirage" theme in my opinion.
Old 12-08-2011, 09:59 PM
Supporting Ledgie

I think Trouble ala the Law & Order style would be more fitting.
Old 12-09-2011, 06:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I just can't wait to hear this whiole album live! Will there be videos online?
Old 12-09-2011, 09:34 AM
Addicted Ledgie

The band's misleading name--and the duplicate posting--has lead to it being placed in the Lindsey forum. The band even said it was nearly called The Christine McVie Appreciation Society. This really belongs in the Mac forum. I really hope as many Mac fans as possible check out the concert.

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Old 12-09-2011, 03:18 PM
llb

Quote:
Hi fellow Ledgies/Lindsey fans. I am the drummer in the Lindsey Buckingham Appreciation Society, a collective of musicians/Lindsey & Mac obsessives based out of Philadelphia. We performed Tusk in its entirety over 3 shows in May 2010. We'll be presenting the follow-up, 1982's Mirage - along with other assorted Lindsey/Mac gems - Feb. 17 in Philly and Feb. 18 in Brooklyn. Feel free to check out our website for more info. Thanks!
Hi! I think my husband, another drummer, said he met you last night in Philly. We'll definitely be checking out your February show.
Old 12-09-2011, 05:31 PM
Senior Ledgie

Default Philly!!!!!!

Any other Ledgies in Philly? I would def meet up and go to this!!!
Old 12-09-2011, 05:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Just watched some of the Tusk clips on their site... this sounds cool! Assuming I can find the place without getting lost in Brooklyn, I'll go.
Old 04-08-2013, 01:41 PM
Junior Ledgie

Default The Lindsey Buckingham Appreciation Society returns to perform TUSK

Hi Fellow Ledgies -
Patrick (drummer) from The Lindsey Buckingham Appreciation Society just letting you know that our lil musical pop-up store (featuring members of The War on Drugs, Pernice Brothers, and Papas Fritas) will be re-opening to perform TUSK, in its entirety Sept. 19 at Johnny D's in Somerville, Mass.; Sept. 20 at Littlefield in Brooklyn; and Sept. 21 at Johnny Brenda's in Philadelphia. Tickets on sale May 1 for Philly and Brooklyn, May 3 for Somerville. Hope to see you at the shows!
Old 06-28-2013, 03:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

The Key May 3, 2013 | 12:01 PM | By Bruce Warren

http://thekey.xpn.org/tag/birdie-busch/

Tickets to The Lindsey Buckingham Appreciation Society’s performance of Fleetwood Mac’s Tusk at Johnny Brenda’s on 9/21 now on sale

Several weeks ago we announced the next series of shows from The Lindsey Buckingham Appreciate Society, performing the Mac’s Tusk in its entirety at Johnny Brenda’s on Saturday, September 21st. We just found out that tickets to the show are on sale now. The current TLBAS members features founding members Charlie Hall (vocalist and multi-instrumentalist with Jens Lekman, The War on Drugs, Windsor for the Derby, Tommy Guerrero and leader of the Philadelphia-based male choral ensemble The Silver Ages) and Patrick Berkery (who has played drums with The War on Drugs, Pernice Brothers, Danielson, John Wesley Harding, Mazarin and others) joined by past TLBAS co-conspirators Tony Goddess (Papas Fritas, Jenny Dee & The Deelinquents), Birdie Busch (a Philadelphia-based singer and songwriter), Dave Hartley (The War on Drugs, Nightlands), and Eliza Hardy Jones (Buried Beds). Go here for more information and tickets.
Old 07-17-2013, 02:55 PM
Junior Ledgie

Default REMINDER: The Lindsey Buckingham Appreciation Society to perform ‘Tusk’ Sept 19-21

Hey Fellow Ledgies -
Patrick, drummer from the Lindsey Buckingham Appreciation Society here. Just a friendly mid-summer's reminder that we're regrouping to perform TUSK in its entirety (along with a couple-few more Mac/Lindsey gems) Sept. 19 at Johnny D's in Somerville, Mass; Sept. 20 at Littlefield in Brooklyn; and Sept. 21 at Johnny Brenda's in Philadelphia. Info about tickets and all that stuff here. Hope to see you at the shows. Thanks!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg TLBAS_2013_temp.jpg (40.2 KB, 0 views)
Old 07-17-2013, 08:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I can vouch for this band. Genuine musicians. Great performance. I always gain some new insight into the album being covered (they also did Mirage). And I am always intrigued by some twist they bring to certain songs (Storms as a duet--what?!).

THIS IS NOT A TRIBUTE BAND. It's fun deconstruction.

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Old 07-17-2013, 10:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Hey Fellow Ledgies -
Patrick, drummer from the Lindsey Buckingham Appreciation Society here. Just a friendly mid-summer's reminder that we're regrouping to perform TUSK in its entirety (along with a couple-few more Mac/Lindsey gems) Sept. 19 at Johnny D's in Somerville, Mass; Sept. 20 at Littlefield in Brooklyn; and Sept. 21 at Johnny Brenda's in Philadelphia. Info about tickets and all that stuff here. Hope to see you at the shows. Thanks!
I saw this performance in Boston a couple of years ago with another Ledgie and we loved it. I was hoping for another Ma. performance though this one on a Thursday night is not convienient for my work sched. & involving such a long drive for this old, tired geezer.