The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Lindsey Buckingham
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-16-2007, 02:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

At the '03 SYW show in Nashville, it didn't sound to me like Stevie was playing with the words to Don't Stop. It straight up sounded like she screwed up and didn't know them. She got this weird look, too, kind of. Like one of those "I'm surprised at myself" type looks. I was embarassed for her. It's like the whole damn arena is singing along and knows the words better.
Old 10-16-2007, 02:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah View Post
At the '03 SYW show in Nashville, it didn't sound to me like Stevie was playing with the words to Don't Stop. It straight up sounded like she screwed up and didn't know them. She got this weird look, too, kind of. Like one of those "I'm surprised at myself" type looks. I was embarassed for her. It's like the whole damn arena is singing along and knows the words better.
I saw the show twice in England, but wasn't there when Christine was. I heard a tape from that one and Stevie was really all over the place. I figured she was nervous because of Chris. Actually, I think she does get the verses mixed up accidentally, but it seemed to me like she made the conscious decision to change "was bad" to "wasn't good," because she did that pretty much the whole tour.

What I thought was cute about their performance -- aside from the way Lindsey started ending it by sweating all over Stevie's mane of hair -- was the way he would point at Stevie to share the "it will soon be here" line with him.

And speaking of pointing, I love the way Chris would point at Lindsey at the end of SYLM to do his little "ooooh" part during the Dance tour.

Michele
Old 10-16-2007, 02:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
And speaking of pointing, I love the way Chris would point at Lindsey at the end of SYLM to do his little "ooooh" part during the Dance tour.

Michele
The "yeaaahhh-heahhh" ?? I never noticed that. I'll have to look for it!
Old 10-16-2007, 03:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah View Post
The "yeaaahhh-heahhh" ?? I never noticed that. I'll have to look for it!
Yeah, I don't know if she does it on the official dvd, but she does it on all the bootlegs. She has the tamborine in her hands and she points at him with it. Really cute.

Michele
Old 10-18-2007, 07:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Okay, the interview was a total snooze fest. By the time we got to "compartmentalizing" and "exercise in denial" I had fallen asleep. It's a shame, because it was clear the guy was a fan (I'll forgive him for not knowing Rumours was recorded in Sausalito), so it could have been a lot more interesting.

I don't give anything he said much credit, because he was on auto-pilot. I don't think he even realized what the interviewer was referring to when talking about Go Insane and the end of a 7-year relationship. The way he launched into his standard speech about Stevie and not getting closure makes me think he didn't even put any conscious thought into what was actually being asked. Not that I don't think that Go Insane doesn't have a little of Stevie in it, but it was obvious he wasn't putting any effort into the answer.

I did laugh when the interviewer brought up "less is more" when talking about the album Go Insane. I think he was mainly referring to the lyrics, but I still had a "hokay then!" moment.
Old 10-18-2007, 11:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie

When the interviewer described the lyrics as simplistic, I was thinking, "Ok, careful now buddy. Steer that compliment over that way a little." Walked a thin line.

Michele
Old 10-18-2007, 01:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Oh, and I had a bit of suspense wondering if Lindsey was going to say John or not.

He said, 'I wrote about Stevie and Christine wrote about . . . ' The pause there had me going, but he ultimately inserted Mr. McVie's name.

Michele
Old 10-18-2007, 01:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Oh, and I had a bit of suspense wondering if Lindsey was going to say John or not.

He said, 'I wrote about Stevie and Christine wrote about . . . ' The pause there had me going, but he ultimately inserted Mr. McVie's name.
I FF'ed through everything in between the joining of Fleetwood Mac to Law & Order. I honestly could not listen to it again. But then he tricked me and started pulling Rumours talk into Go Insane talk. Bastard.
Old 10-22-2007, 12:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
There's always the possibility we have different versions. I bought mine over 20 years ago when it was brand new and on my copy which I haven't listened to in more than a decade I might add, he sings, "she's a lot like you, phony musician" several times at the end of the song. Maybe it was remixed and released later with a different version? I'll give another example. In 1982 I bought Mirage on the day of its release and of course I loved and played Straight Back a million times. A few months later I made a new Stevie friend and she had purchased only the cassette version of Mirage and one day when we were listening to her tape in the car I was like,"WTF!" Her version of Straight Back was diff. than the album version!!! Are you guys aware of this fact? Soooooooooooo maybe it might be the same w/Lindsey's song, who knows? I don't even know if I have it on cassette or album, I'll have to go look and listen and then get back to ya'll.
I got mine through the record company a week before it was released and I never heard him say phony this or that. Not on the album or on the cd.

You got a sweet heart
Never will you be replaced
Old 10-22-2007, 12:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
It came on right before the HDnet concert tonight. I don't know when the interview was taped. It might have been done in January at the time of the concert. I'm unsure.

Michele
Seems like this interview was done around 3-28-07 in N.J...they thank the Starland Ballroom in the credits of the interview and that's the date he played that venue.

Old 10-22-2007, 08:31 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazmenFlowers View Post
what are you talking about?

Dreams isn't a hopeful or love song in the classic sense, but compared to GYOW, it is.
Matter of opinion.

Exactly which lyrics do you feel are hopeful or make it a love song?

Quote:
ETA: what I'm saying is that yes, Stevie is the biggest drama queen ever and over the years, made GYOW way worse than it is. it does have sentimental elements clouded by Lindsey's bitterness, but it is in NO WAY SHAPE OR FORM a lovesong.

Why did Stevie call it one?
Old 10-23-2007, 05:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie

So I eventually got round to watching the sound off interview.

Firstly Lindsey was sitting like he had a poker up his A**. Couldnt they have provided a more relaxed chair for him.

Secondly that guy interviewing him didn't impress me much at all. He completely licked up to Lindsey all the time. Although he did revise for the inverview he still did make a mistake or two, though lindsey did correct him.

Thirdly, seriously how many times are interviewers going to continue asking Lindsey the same questions over and over again.......No wonder we keep hearing the same answers. Im sure Lindsey would love some new original questions.

In a question i recently posted "Could Lindsey Please the masses" I think he answered it here witha big NO. He said that he like the guys that are taking risks and creating something different. So thanks lindsey for answering that.
Old 10-23-2007, 11:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I watched the interview and what I found distracting was the interviewer....he reminded me too much of Uncle Fester, from the old TV show The Addams Family.

Last edited by Betsy; 10-23-2007 at 01:45 PM..
Old 10-23-2007, 11:15 AM
Supporting Ledgie

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsy View Post
I watched the interview and what I found distracting was the interviewer....he reminded me too much of Uncle Fester, from the old TV show The Addam's Family.
is that matt pinfield? The old MTV guy?
Old 10-23-2007, 12:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by danax6 View Post
I did laugh when the interviewer brought up "less is more" when talking about the album Go Insane.
A reference to Emperor Joseph's comment about The Marriage of Figaro: "Too many notes, my dear Mozart."

moviekinks.blogspot.com