User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-22-2013, 07:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by In Your Dreams View Post
nice! and not in the least bit surprising for anybody who was following FM in 2013.

however - another several years of Big Machine????? i can see the tour-album-tour pattern here... when will we get Lindsey solo back?? he's not getting any younger.

on the other hand, if we have to endure another cash-grabbing FM tour, Christine's presence and harmonies would make it a bit easier for this LB fan. much better than another BN same-ole same-ole tour.

"However, recent reports suggest guitarist Buckingham is worried her appearance could steal the limelight. McVie said this was "fair enough. From his point of view, it was a business thing. [Promoters] would be asking why I wasn't playing in Amsterdam or Berlin.""

so if the above is true Lindsey wanted Christine to come back full time and not just part time ("she can't just come and go" ). seems like he's getting his wish. another several years of Big Machine. you got it Lindsey, you'll be getting your tours and your FM album, it seems. so as a solo fan, and as a person who does not like to go bankrupt , this is what i have to say to you Lindsey:

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 11-22-2013, 07:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by APerfectLie View Post
This is freaking great! I hope there is no 2014 tour and just studio time for the band. John will still be recovering, so it'd make sense for him to ease into working again by hitting the studio for a few months than to be thrown straight into another tour.
it's 2013! (soon to be 2014!) why would they need to be in the studio for a year?

men of mac needed less than a month to record 8 songs. stevie and lindsey needed 4 days to finish 2 of those songs and record another whole song.

they need to finish an album and a tour in 2014.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 11-22-2013, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
it's 2013! (soon to be 2014!) why would they need to be in the studio for a year?

men of mac needed less than a month to record 8 songs. stevie and lindsey needed 4 days to finish 2 of those songs and record another whole song.

I would love a Buckingham/McVie album.
Old 11-22-2013, 07:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

...the irony being that Lindsey may have been plotting all along to get Christine back with these stipulations. Give the poor guy a break.
Old 11-22-2013, 07:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
OR...

Lindsey said that he cut eight songs with Mick and John. Three of those were released on EP, which leaves five finished unreleased songs. We also know that Christine has been working some new material, supposedly for a new solo album. All that's needed is for Stevie to go through some of her older songs that have never been officially recorded. If they continue to use Mitchell Froom, the album could be done before they hit the road and be released while on the road.
now there's a voice of reason.

agree with your whole writeup, except, Christine never said her new material is for a solo album. she seemed surprised when someone suggested solo album, in fact.

Old 11-22-2013, 07:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
now there's a voice of reason.

agree with your whole writeup, except, Christine never said her new material is for a solo album. she seemed surprised when someone suggested solo album, in fact.
Hmmm. I was just referring to this post from the Christine board.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Catdancer View Post
http://www.fleetwoodmacnews.com/2013...ng-on-new.html

Former Fleetwood Mac band member Christine McVie working on new solo album marking a return to her 70's sound.

Former Fleetwood Mac band member Christine McVie chooses the Tracks of My Years
Monday 07 October 2013
BBC Radio 2 - Ken Bruce

This week, former Fleetwood Mac band member Christine McVie chooses the Tracks Of My Years and she opens with a classic Beach Boys song from their groundbreaking album Pet Sounds along with a Steely Dan track featured on their acclaimed long player Gaucho. Plus there's the Record and Album Of The Week and the Monday round of PopMaster. Christine McVie joined Fleetwood Mac in 1970 while married to founder member John McVie. She left the band in 1998 shortly after Fleetwood Mac was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. Christine is currently working on new solo material which is planned for a forthcoming album which she describes as marking a return to her musical sound from the seventies.

Tune in to BBC Radio 2 - Ken Bruce 9:30am
Posted by Nickslive at 9/30/2013 11:19:00 pm
Labels: Christine McVie

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 11-22-2013, 07:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Hmmm. I was just referring to this post from the Christine board.
yeah that writeup is misinterpreting what she actually said. we heard that radio interview article is describing (links are at nickslive blogspot somewhere), and she was specifically asked whether her new material is for a solo album by the interviewer. she seemed surprised, and said something like - well... maybe?

Old 11-22-2013, 08:33 PM
Senior Ledgie

Wow...awesome article.
Another album and another tour with the whole band would be amazing. I don't believe that Lindsey is against her return, a misunderstanding for sure. It would be contradictory.

" Mi dicono alla radio statti calmo statti buono,
non esser scalmanato stai tranquillo e fatti uomo,
ma io con la mia guerra voglio andare sempre avanti,
e costi quel che costi la vincerò non ci son santi. "
Old 11-22-2013, 08:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Finish an album and a tour all in 2014?

No. 2014 and 2015, thank you.

Michele
Old 11-22-2013, 08:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

however - another several years of Big Machine????? i can see the tour-album-tour pattern here... when will we get Lindsey solo back?? he's not getting any younger.
I agree with you elle he's not getting any younger, but the way it's looking it maybe a long time before we get a new Buckingham solo cd again, if ever. First Mick said Lindsey said wanted to make himself available to complete their story. Then there's still 5 unreleased songs we know of and Lindsey's been pushing for a new Fleetwood Mac CD for the last few years. Also, he and Stevie seem to be closer than ever to finally putting Buckingham Nicks out on CD, and then do some touring to back it up. So as much as I would love some new solo material I just don't' see it happening anytime soon.

Also It seems like this interview may have been done in September when the band was in England because it says The Guardian talked to Chris and Stevie together and their interview will be published later this year.

I do find it kinda odd that Chris has said no one's talked to her about re-joining the band. I mean I know John's gotta get well first, but everyone keeps saying his cancer was caught early and that he should have a fairly quick recovery, so it seems like they could or should have discussed it hypothetically when they were all together.

But then maybe they have discussed it since this interview took place. Because it sounds like Chris did the interview with Stevie sitting next to her, and maybe she told the interviewer she wanted to rejoin Fleetwood Mac so Stevie would know she was ready to come back and the two of them could have discussed her rejoining the band (and maybe even discussed it with the rest of the band) after they were done with the interview.

Last edited by Deeshere; 11-22-2013 at 08:59 PM..
Old 11-22-2013, 09:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Mick: "But if she ever decides not to hang it up, she'd always be welcome."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVBC6G7CjdI

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 11-22-2013, 09:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Mick: "But if she ever decides not to hang it up, she'd always be welcome."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVBC6G7CjdI
Oh, there's NO doubt that Mick would over the moon about Christine coming back. He'd be calling promoters up for booking and taking out full page adds in the paper to announce her return the next day.
Old 11-22-2013, 09:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deeshere View Post
Oh, there's NO doubt that Mick would over the moon about Christine coming back. He'd be calling promoters up for booking and taking out full page adds in the paper to announce her return the next day.
Mick might be able to keep it a secret for an hour. Stevie, maybe 2 hours.
Old 11-22-2013, 09:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I think I'm still in a bit of shock over this. It shouldn't be that surprising but the fact that she's admitting for the first time that she wants to be back in the band is shocking! I though she was done and maybe she was just a little bored, hence the London gigs. Wow. When Lindsey said on stage FM has more chapters to write, he wasn't kidding. I think everyone, including Lindsey, would be thrilled to have her back.

I remember it all...you just had to fall...
Old 11-22-2013, 09:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'msoAfraid95 View Post
Mick might be able to keep it a secret for an hour. Stevie, maybe 2 hours.
Sheryl Crow only lasted two minutes, and was still on her cell phone talking to Stevie at the time...

THE Stephen Hopkins