User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-31-2013, 10:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendy Welch View Post
It was Christine, not John with the butcher knife. She may have thrown a drink in Lindseys face as well, but she certainly did the same to Bob the day before he quit. And it will be in the book in his own words. I don't like arguin with fans, but I do know all the stories that Bob had typed up and that he told me over and over. You were not in the know and believe me, Bob was! It will be out in the book with witnesses to it, it was not a joke, and I have no fear of being sued over Bob's hand written and typed words. You all may be shocked at the truth. I am sorry if you cannot accept it.
I think we could accept the truth if it comes out in an edited book that we know were Bob's words. What is offensive to me is the way in which you are using these past stories as a weapon against Christine and, to a lesser extent, John and Mick, because Bob was slighted in the RRHOF. That was unfortunate. I would have Loved to have seen him on the stage with them that memorable evening! We all know he deserved it.

But your posts about such things he would have saved for his book seem in bad taste and are being used in a way he did not intend. If he had, he would have shared them with the fans already. So, once again, please stop these malicious posts.
Old 10-31-2013, 10:45 PM
Senior Ledgie

Heart Bull!

You could have seen Bob on stage, if Christine hadn't refused to go on stage if Bob was inducted, as per Mick Fleetwood to me and Mick Lawson the day Bob died. Bob was working on the book and intended to share it with the fans, but he died. I will make sure it happens before I die,. Why do you think I am working so hard to tell the truth -- to hurt anyone, to help myself, or to tell Bob's story?

Last edited by Wendy Welch; 10-31-2013 at 10:49 PM..
Old 10-31-2013, 11:47 PM
Senior Ledgie

Default Bob's Words

After 27 years of marriage, being together 24/7 the entire time, except for 1 month give or take 3 days, I think I know better than anybody what Bob intended and how he felt. I was his wife, his best friend, his manager , and we were the love of each others lives. I am doing all of this for Bob, it certainly doesn't benefit me to be disliked by you or anyone else that is in denial and doesn't want to know the truth. Bob loved his fans and he loved the members of FM, but he wanted the truth told. And I must ay that the truth is never in bad taste, it's just those that don't want to know the truth that are in denial. I am doing this to let you all know the real truth why Bob was not instated in the Rock Hall of Fame. The RRHOF picks the band and the owners of the name and members pick who is inducted. By the way, I don't think I have ever slighted John McVie.

Last edited by Wendy Welch; 10-31-2013 at 11:52 PM..
Old 11-01-2013, 09:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
After 27 years of marriage, being together 24/7 the entire time, except for 1 month give or take 3 days, I think I know better than anybody what Bob intended and how he felt.
I am one fan who is really looking forward to this book. So far I have enjoyed all your posts. You are refreshingly honest which is such a rare trait these days. I am very sorry for the loss of your husband. The love of my life committed suicide in 1998 so I know exactly how you feel and what you are going through.

Christine is the one member of FM who all the fans seem to collectively enjoy. It's almost laughable how certain fans put down Lindsey, Mick and Stevie but no one is able to say one bad thing about Chris. Then the entire community jumps on them. I have love and admiration for all the members of FM, but I won't throw stones at anyone who expresses a negative opinion about ones they don't like.

Wendy, I am very honored that you have chosen The Ledge as your way to communicate to the fans. This has always been my favorite website and I am thrilled to have you as a member.
Old 11-01-2013, 11:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I too, can't wait to read the book, Wendy.
Old 11-01-2013, 11:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I can't wait to read it either. It's nice to know that the people who are/were involved want to communicate with us fans.
Old 11-01-2013, 01:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Wendy, do you know if the 2 lps that Bob did with the band Paris, were released on cd in the states?
Old 11-01-2013, 02:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
I am one fan who is really looking forward to this book. So far I have enjoyed all your posts. You are refreshingly honest which is such a rare trait these days. I am very sorry for the loss of your husband. The love of my life committed suicide in 1998 so I know exactly how you feel and what you are going through.

Christine is the one member of FM who all the fans seem to collectively enjoy. It's almost laughable how certain fans put down Lindsey, Mick and Stevie but no one is able to say one bad thing about Chris. Then the entire community jumps on them. I have love and admiration for all the members of FM, but I won't throw stones at anyone who expresses a negative opinion about ones they don't like.

Wendy, I am very honored that you have chosen The Ledge as your way to communicate to the fans. This has always been my favorite website and I am thrilled to have you as a member.
I look forward to that book, too. I'd buy it in a heartbeat. And I'd relish the stories Bob tells because they were stories he wanted to tell. Not out of revenge for having been wronged.

And , Vivfox, for what it's worth, I have often felt uncomfortable by some of the things people have written about Stevie, too. Maybe it's a cultural cliche that I am more sensitive to a woman's privacy than a man's. Not sure. But definitely some of the comments about Stevie, particularly in regards to her sexlife and drug use, have made me recoil a bit.

Last edited by aleuzzi; 11-01-2013 at 02:31 PM..
Old 11-01-2013, 09:26 PM
Senior Ledgie

Heart Thank you

Thank you all for being supportive to me. I truly am not coming from a place to harm anyone. You just all need to realize these are all people that are human and with a past just like you and I are. I am an open book, and could never take the amazing talent and what Fleetwood Mac has given away from the world. I just want to be honest and real, and try to keep up Bob Welch's legacy as he truly deserves. He was the best person I have ever had the privilege of knowing and I know what all he told me and has written is the truth -- not meant to hurt anyone, just to tell the truth to the fans. There is nothing harmful in anything he has said to me or in his book. He truly loved them all. But they are real people just like us. Don't forget that. They are icons, but shouldnot be put on a pedastal as Gods.
Old 11-01-2013, 10:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
It was Christine, not John with the butcher knife. She may have thrown a drink in Lindseys face as well, but she certainly did the same to Bob the day before he quit. And it will be in the book in his own words. I don't like arguin with fans, but I do know all the stories that Bob had typed up and that he told me over and over. You were not in the know and believe me, Bob was! It will be out in the book with witnesses to it, it was not a joke, and I have no fear of being sued over Bob's hand written and typed words. You all may be shocked at the truth. I am sorry if you cannot accept it.
Wendy

Surely you are not suggesting that Christine throwing a drink in Bob's face was the sole reason he quit the band. Maybe the last straw in an already tense and frustrating situation happening within the band at the time. I understand Bob quit because he wasn't happy with the lack of success they were having and in particular the situation with their manager and the faux Fleetwood Mac. You know, the litigation and all the other bull**** that was going on at the time.

If Bob and Christine didn't get along why on earth would she have collaborated with him on his succesful solo albums in the 70s. Hell, I believe that Mick, Stevie, and Lindsey even leant their support in his solo endeavors. I think about times when I saw them on stage with him like in Bob Welch and Friends at The Roxy(1982). By the way I love that whole show and "Sentimental Lady" is definitely a favorite of mine.

Which leads me to believe that the real reason Bob and the rest of the band had a falling out was the royalties fight that happened after this time. Not really sure of what happened there and why it particularly affected Chris more than it did Mick and John.
Old 11-01-2013, 10:41 PM
Senior Ledgie

Default Jwd

You are so wrong. Much will come out later. But you know NOTHING! about Bob and Christine's relationship. Mick was managing Bob and Chris did it for Mick as far as the Roxy show was concerned, but not his solo albums with Captol. Mick did not manage him at the time of his hits. Other than that you will have to wait for the book, but you were not there. It had nothing to do with the lawsuit with Clifford Davis or anything else, as far as Bob quitting the band. It had everything to do with personalities. But as I said, you only know what Bob said so politely to the press, but not the real truth. Quit trying to act like you were there or in the know, none of you know anything but the falsehoods that you read in the press. As it should be until the time is right to tell the whole truth. Christine was more vicious than you can ever imagine, nor than Bob or I could. We were both shocked at her actions over the RRHOF. By the way, Christine never collaberated with him nor did Mick, Stevie or Lindsey. Lindsey produced one song and Chris sang backup on one song. Mick had nothing to do with his solo albums with Capitol. So you are quite misinformed. No collaberation, just paid to sing and produce, big payments to them, I might add and royalties.They contributed nothing to the songwriting or lead vocals or guitars, etc. Lindsey is an incredible producer who I totally admire for all of his talents. I will say no more.

Last edited by Wendy Welch; 11-01-2013 at 10:51 PM..
Old 11-01-2013, 10:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
You are so wrong. Much will come out later. But you know NOTHING! about Bob and Christine's relationship. Mick was managing Bob and Chris did it for Mick. Other than that you will have to wait for the book, but you were not there. It had nothing to do with the lawsuit with Clifford Davis or anything else, as far as Bob quitting the band. It had everything to do with personalities. But as I said, you only know what Bob said so politely to the press, but not the real truth. Quit trying to act like you were there or in the know, none of you know anything but the falsehoods that you read in the press. As it should be until the time is right to tell the whole truth. Christine was more vicious than you can ever imagine, nor than Bob or I could. We were both shocked at her actions over the RRHOF.
Please forgive me Wendy. I didn't mean to offend you. If I came off acting like I KNOW everything, I apologize. I surely don't know everything, especially when it comes to Bob and Chris' relationship. I'm just trying to understand, that's all. These are just perceptions that most, if not all of FM fans have. And I don't think it's that unrealistic to think that we would have these perceptions. I'm not calling you a liar or anyone else. Like I said I just want to understand the situation from a fan's perspective. That is all.
Old 11-01-2013, 10:56 PM
Senior Ledgie

Heart Apology and Love

Thank you so much for explaining yourself. I have had to stand up to these statements ffor a long time and I must admit I overreacted, but it is so hard to accept the "no flies on me" Christine that everyone seems to think they know . It is just so not true and really sets me off. I apologize if I went off, but I do admit that this stuff just breaks my heart because I know how terribly Bob was treated by her before and after his death.
Old 11-01-2013, 11:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Thank you so much for explaining yourself. I have had to stand up to these statements ffor a long time and I must admit I overreacted, but it is so hard to accept the "no flies on me" Christine that everyone seems to think they know . It is just so not true and really sets me off. I apologize if I went off, but I do admit that this stuff just breaks my heart because I know how terribly Bob was treated by her before and after his death.
Apology accepted and love back at you. I understand that you must be hurting a lot. I'm sorry for that. I respect that you are expressing yourself here on The Ledge and I appreciate it.

For what it's worth, Bob Welch should be in the RRHOF! Any differences between the band members should have been put aside at the time.
Old 11-01-2013, 11:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
. By the way, Christine never collaberated with him nor did Mick, Stevie or Lindsey. Lindsey produced one song and Chris sang backup on one song. Mick had nothing to do with his solo albums with Capitol. So you are quite misinformed. No collaberation, just paid to sing and produce, big payments to them, I might add and royalties.They contributed nothing to the songwriting or lead vocals or guitars, etc. Lindsey is an incredible producer who I totally admire for all of his talents. I will say no more.
I used the word collaborate loosely. Maybe I should have said 'worked with'. Sorry.