Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-30-2023, 07:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
BTW
Since we have pivoted to the Street Angel tour. But this video shows something really rare.
Stevie takes the microphone out of the stand and is holding it walking around the stage and singing like she's Whitney Houston or something. Never saw her do this before.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyMaHj7dsCM
Wow, that is very unusual! One idea I had was that that is usually the part in the song where Stevie bends the microphone down as she bends down and stretches out her arms- maybe there was something wrong with the mic stand and she couldn’t position it the way she wanted to so she picked it up and then knelt down. That’s really the only thing that makes sense to me, because Stevie is clearly such a creature of habit, and she doesn’t change things unless she has to for some reason.
Old 10-01-2023, 04:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
Wow, that is very unusual! One idea I had was that that is usually the part in the song where Stevie bends the microphone down as she bends down and stretches out her arms- maybe there was something wrong with the mic stand and she couldn’t position it the way she wanted to so she picked it up and then knelt down. That’s really the only thing that makes sense to me, because Stevie is clearly such a creature of habit, and she doesn’t change things unless she has to for some reason.
Her voice was so raspy, good and strong. Sadly it was the end of an era. This last rehearsal is so good. Really good versions of Oooh My Love and Rooms on Fire which both would never make it to the set. But Rooms On Fire would replace Docklands late in the tour.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ip5F7xazhws
Old 10-01-2023, 08:52 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Her voice was so raspy, good and strong. Sadly it was the end of an era. This last rehearsal is so good. Really good versions of Oooh My Love and Rooms on Fire which both would never make it to the set. But Rooms On Fire would replace Docklands late in the tour.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ip5F7xazhws
Woah. GORGEOUS. Thank you so much for sharing. This is now my favorite "concert."
Old 10-01-2023, 09:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
BTW
Since we have pivoted to the Street Angel tour. Her band was really good. Rick Vito and the other guitarist really did a great Stand Back playing guitar with the keyboards for the entire opening. They also rock Edge of 17. But this video shows something really rare.
Stevie takes the microphone out of the stand and is holding it walking around the stage and singing like she's Whitney Houston or something. Never saw her do this before.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyMaHj7dsCM
The guy at 11:20. It's the first time I see somebody helping Stevie not to fall, or so it seems to me. But I've not seen many Stevie live videos. At the Mirage concert video she receives gift but nobody helps her. But in this video she is 46. I don't know if she already needed help to avoid falling.
Old 10-01-2023, 09:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villavic View Post
The guy at 11:20. It's the first time I see somebody helping Stevie not to fall, or so it seems to me. But I've not seen many Stevie live videos. At the Mirage concert video she receives gift but nobody helps her. But in this video she is 46. I don't know if she already needed help to avoid falling.
Her security was always there post her falls on the RAL tour. She fell off the stage first night of the RAL tour in Houston. You can even see them at the Red Rocks show and they were there every solo concert since where she did the Edge Walk. But she does not do it anymore. Mirage was not an Edge walk. She just collected gifts.

Last edited by Macfan4life; 10-01-2023 at 09:53 AM..
Old 10-02-2023, 09:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Her security was always there post her falls on the RAL tour. She fell off the stage first night of the RAL tour in Houston.
Mick said she fell off the stage in Australia, too:

Through all this, Stevie Nicks had been working and touring to promote her third solo album, Rock a Little. She had spent a million to make it, and Frontline kept her away from us while they were selling it. I went on part of her long 1986 tour, playing percussion in a hot band that included Waddy Wachtel on guitar, and I could see that Stevie was running herself right into the ground. She was drinking and doing a lot of cocaine. Every night I'd watch her launch into one of her dancing spins on stage, and each night the spins got more and more dizzy until I was afraid she was going to fall off the stage during a show. "Stevie," I said, "you're going to hurt yourself. You've got to work on getting away from being so high while you're onstage."

She would cry. "Oh Mick, I know it! I don't wanna be like this. I don't wanna need this stuff so much. I'm gonna do something after the tour's over." I knew what Stevie meant. You can't go cold turkey on a major tour after years of partying and having a good time. But now the party was over. It had become an addiction, a way of life. Later, while Fleetwood Mac was laboring in the studio, Stevie and her band went to Australia, where her drinking worsened and she fell off the stage twice. I was afraid she would injure herself, or worse.