User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-29-2018, 10:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonSister75 View Post
Of course it must be all Stevie's fault, as Lindsey is an innocent angel and couldn't possible have done anything to contribute to what just occurred
The difference IS: that he would have never tried to get her fired, like she did, successfully. Bitter old hag of a woman.
Old 04-29-2018, 10:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I wonder why? Is it possible she's behaving that way, as he's been a complete and utter arsehole towards her? It is a possibility, just as much as the possibility that she was scheming to remove him from FM.
We have no idea what exchanges took place before he got fired.

Some of us are completely fed-up with the BN tension and looking forward to a new band dynamic, whether it lasts or not.
And because he was an arsehole he deserved to be fired? Are you even listening to what you're saying?! After 43 years of loyal work, he deserves to be fired just because Stevie says so, because she was tired of him?

If he truly had done something completely inappropiate:

1. His family wouldn't be by his side the whole time.
2. The band wouldn't be so full of lies. They wouldn't have any problem throwing him under a bus, so

No, nothing happened. Nothing that justifies his firing.

But,hey, if Stevie's fans are ok with her potential involvement in Lindsey's firing, why is it so hard to believe she truly did it?

So, make up your mind: she did it and you support her actions, or she didnt do it and we're all completely crazy.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 04-29-2018, 10:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
The difference IS: that he would have never tried to get her fired, like she did, successfully. Bitter old hag of a woman.
Exactly. Besides, we all know he didn't do anything to justify what had happened. If not, Mick and Stevie wouldn't have had any mercy with him. And they were full of lies on that CBS interview.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 04-29-2018, 10:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I wonder why? Is it possible she's behaving that way, as he's been a complete and utter arsehole towards her? It is a possibility, just as much as the possibility that she was scheming to remove him from FM.
We have no idea what exchanges took place before he got fired.

Some of us are completely fed-up with the BN tension and looking forward to a new band dynamic, whether it lasts or not.
So I'm assuming you would stand by this statement had it been Stevie fired from the band?
Old 04-29-2018, 10:24 AM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
Exactly. Besides, we all know he didn't do anything to justify what had happened. If not, Mick and Stevie wouldn't have had any mercy with him. And they were full of lies on that CBS interview.
I suppose his quarrelling with Kare* is enough justification in the eyes of Stevie and her chiffon contingent
Old 04-29-2018, 10:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
So I'm assuming you would stand by this statement had it been Stevie fired from the band?
If they were actually ARTISTS, and not whores, this scenario would've happened when she refused to record for BuckVie.

And there would be Chiffon flaming everywhere!
Old 04-29-2018, 10:28 AM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Mirage is the last time that FM was an actual band.
Sadly I wish they had broken up then, or even after Tusk. Then we would have been spared this utterly disgusting episode of septuagenarians reliving quarrels of 40 years ago and being unable to agree on something so simple as a tour date, and lying outright on national television. It is frankly a slap in the face of the fans.
Old 04-29-2018, 10:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I became a fan in 1997, for me what's really sad is the latest events seems to have negated all of the progress we THOUGHT had been made since 1997. Apparently we were all wrong. 30 years later and Mick is just as ok to replace people now as he was 30 years ago. At one point in 2013 we thought the ice had melted enough between Buckingham and Nicks that maybe could finally lead to an interesting chapter. It's been SLOW progress for the past 20+ years but fans stood by hoping for good ground in the future. I think we were all hoping that time would in fact heal wounds and as we enter these twilight years of this band, we were hoping for that lightning to be captured in a bottle just one more time. There was probably no greater joy than the 2013 interviews that revealed the possibility of stevie and Lindsey really working together again.

But the reality is - relations were paper thin back in 97 and apparently remain so to this day. Despite everything they have done together since.
Old 04-29-2018, 11:00 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I can't answer for moonsister, but for me, let's say the band was going to record an album and Stevie refused to cooperate or participate. If FM had fired her, I would have been sad and disappointed, even angry at first, but I would have understood. They didn't fire her, so it must not have bothered them that much.

Likewise, if Christine had said she would continue to record with FM but no longer tour because she was tired and had a phobia of flying, and Lindsey and Mick said no, it was all or nothing, I would have been sad and disappointed, even angry at first, but I would have understood. Oh wait, that DID happen! Still, I understood Lindsey's point, and I saw the band twice after that without Christine. I didn't like it, and I didn't agree with it, but I accepted it.

Here's what I wouldn't do, though- I wouldn't post on here how much I hate Lindsey or Mick for pushing Stevie out, I wouldn't ascribe motives to them I know nothing about, I wouldn't use quotes from the past 40 years to try to prove why she shouldn't have been fired for something that happened now, and I wouldn't say or suggest people here who would continue to support FM are bad people or wrong for doing so.

FM makes a lot of money when the Rumours lineup tours, so I know there was a major reason Lindsey was fired. It wasn't over something minor, because Mick, Stevie, Christine, and John are taking a huge gamble with their bank account to do this, and they know this, because they've toured without Lindsey before. If it could have been worked out, they would have worked it out. And yes, I would say the same thing if Stevie had been fired. They wouldn't have fired her if whatever the problem was could have been worked out.
Old 04-29-2018, 11:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotonRodeo View Post
Sadly I wish they had broken up then, or even after Tusk.
While Tango isn't my favorite by a long shot, Little Lies, Isn't It Midnight, Big Love, Seven Wonders, and Everywhere are almost pop perfection, so I'm thankful they pulled together.
Old 04-29-2018, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
While Tango isn't my favorite by a long shot, Little Lies, Isn't It Midnight, Big Love, Seven Wonders, and Everywhere are almost pop perfection, so I'm thankful they pulled together.
Me too, Tango in the Night is one of my favourite songs.
Old 04-29-2018, 11:23 AM
Registered

I was personally not hoping for much (anyway I am too far to attend one of their concerts). I was just hoping that they would take one look in the mirror, take a deep breath, and go out on tour for even a dozen or so dates on a Farewell Tour just to properly say goodbye and thank their fans who stood by them through all their ups and downs, then maybe release a tour video and a final Greatest Hits. But no. We get THIS. Mick pretending this is a new band going forward? Going where precisely? Oblivion?

And that loathsome CBS appearance. They have been ruthlessly exposed as the despicable people they really are, especially OGB. I'm even more disgusted by that miserable performance than by the firing of Lindsey. If that's the way they think of fans they can kiss my ars*. (I don't even use that kind of language for my bitterest enemies in court.) Not a dime for any of their music, not a second more listening to their CDs.
Old 04-29-2018, 11:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I became a fan in 1997, for me what's really sad is the latest events seems to have negated all of the progress we THOUGHT had been made since 1997. Apparently we were all wrong. 30 years later and Mick is just as ok to replace people now as he was 30 years ago. At one point in 2013 we thought the ice had melted enough between Buckingham and Nicks that maybe could finally lead to an interesting chapter. It's been SLOW progress for the past 20+ years but fans stood by hoping for good ground in the future. I think we were all hoping that time would in fact heal wounds and as we enter these twilight years of this band, we were hoping for that lightning to be captured in a bottle just one more time. There was probably no greater joy than the 2013 interviews that revealed the possibility of stevie and Lindsey really working together again.

But the reality is - relations were paper thin back in 97 and apparently remain so to this day. Despite everything they have done together since.
I like this post a lot.

I would just like to add, and this is just my personal pov, that I really do believe things had changed, evolved, matured, however you want to put it, between all the band members the past 40 years. In 1986-87, when they were recording Tango, they were not in a good place as a band, according to virtually all of them. When they came back together for the Dance in 1997, they were in a much better place as a band. You could see it in their performances and they even said it themselves. I did, in fact, believe it was sincere when Lindsey hugged Stevie at the end of Landslide, I think they were both sincerely moved by the performance and the audience reaction. I didn't believe it when they did that at every stop n their tour LOL but I believed it when I saw it on MTV. So I believed they progressed from 1987, but things worsened later, for some reason. Just like in our own lives, sometimes despite our best efforts, we don't get along with co-workers, and so we move on. But we don't have fans who follow us and expect us to stay together forever until we die.

I would have loved it if these 5 members had been able to continue recording for years, but for various reasons, it didn't happen. Lindsey left for 10 years, Christine wasn't allowed to contribute after the Dance until she returned full time, and Stevie didn't want to contribute after Say You Will, with the exception of one song for their EP. So there were lots of factors and reasons we didn't get more music more often. But that doesn't negate the good stuff for me, and I hope it doesn't for most FM fans.
Old 04-29-2018, 11:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
And because he was an arsehole he deserved to be fired? Are you even listening to what you're saying?! After 43 years of loyal work, he deserves to be fired just because Stevie says so, because she was tired of him?

If he truly had done something completely inappropiate:

1. His family wouldn't be by his side the whole time.
2. The band wouldn't be so full of lies. They wouldn't have any problem throwing him under a bus, so

But,hey, if Stevie's fans are ok with her potential involvement in Lindsey's firing, why is it so hard to believe she truly did it?

So, make up your mind: she did it and you support her actions, or she didnt do it and we're all completely crazy.
Quote:
I've been outside enjoying the sunshine in the garden

My post has been taken completely the wrong way - I guess I wasn't clear enough.
All I am trying to emphasize (over and over again) is that WE DON'T KNOW WHAT HAPPENED!!! I really truly honestly don't believe Stevie plotted for this to happen. To me, It's all gossip until something is proven.
My GUESS is that the tension built within the band and between BN until it became too dysfunctional, and maybe Lindsey's solo tour plans played a part in that. I don't believe anyone plotted anything, I think they just had to find a working solution quickly. But believe what you want, it's fine, maybe I'm totally wrong - it's just another point of view.

And no I'm not saying he deserved to be fired at all. But he was, and we don't know what happened.
Old 04-29-2018, 11:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

We really don't know that nothing happened - how on earth can you say that with such conviction????

No I wouldn't be ok if Stevie plotted to get rid of him - but as I have just said - I don't believe that particularly conspiracy theory.

I hope I've made my comments clear enough this time.