User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-28-2018, 09:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotonRodeo View Post
And there it is. Because of course the world revolves around Stevie. There is no further proof of her outrageous sense of self-importance. Stevie > Fleetwood Mac.
UGH. Nothing made my blood boil more in that CBS interview when she gave her 'serious look' (you know the one, she's been giving it for years when she wants to make a point...like how being in Fleetwood Mac is like being in the army ) and was referencing her solo career and how in that situation, "I'm the boss!" OMG F YOU LADY! WHO CARES!?

She is a complete narcissist and egotistical jerk who in her old age has become totally intolerable and more full of herself than even seems normal by celebrity standards.
Old 04-28-2018, 09:29 AM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmn3 View Post
UGH. Nothing made my blood boil more in that CBS interview when she gave her 'serious look' (you know the one, she's been giving it for years when she wants to make a point...like how being in Fleetwood Mac is like being in the army ) and was referencing her solo career and how in that situation, "I'm the boss!" OMG F YOU LADY! WHO CARES!?

She is a complete narcissist and egotistical jerk who in her old age has become totally intolerable and more full of herself than even seems normal by celebrity standards.
That CBS interview was a sickening experience all around. My remaining vestige of respect for the band plummeted to absolute nil. That was the point of no return for me.

And it did not surprise me in the least that in this most inappropriate of circumstances she would mention her solo career. Because she really believes it's all about her. Didn't she say Fleetwood Mac exists only because of her? Well, she is doing her best to prove it beyond reasonable doubt.

Last edited by NotonRodeo; 04-28-2018 at 09:39 AM..
Old 04-28-2018, 09:38 AM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueFaith77 View Post
Roxy Music
Glad to know they haven't been forgotten...
Old 04-28-2018, 09:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Listening now. It all comes across as so defensive and uncomfortable. Mick's endless, rambling answers, rarely ever getting to the point and often mangling the Queen's English, make it exhausting to listen to...

I echo what someone wrote earlier - the band has just thrown away its edge, its purpose. Neil and Mike seem very nice, very talented and so on, but it's going to be so vanilla.Lindsey is such a volatile, sparky presence - it's what has always made his music so extraordinary. That unpredictable, febrile quality. He has it in his singing, his guitar playing, his arranging and producing - it is what sets him apart and has always set FM apart from so many other groups.
Old 04-28-2018, 09:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Yes! My second favorite band (after The Smiths of course).

I was going to embed all the right that has been posted here but I decided it would be redundant.

Thank you, Elle, for clarifying how for Stevie and BN lovers like me, this is so heartbreaking.

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Old 04-28-2018, 09:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I love Roxy so much...
Old 04-28-2018, 10:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Where can we listen to this interview? Does someone have a link? Is this part of the Sirius channel that was to be released May 1st?
Old 04-28-2018, 10:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie

This situation reminds me so much of when LeBron James left the Cleveland Cavaliers a few years back. I happened to be in Cleveland the night he announced he was leaving Cleveland for Florida, and man, were fans furious! They were saying horrible things about him, his children, you name it. And they were very irrational. Some would say Cleveland was better off without him and in the next breath say they hated him for leaving. Fans were bragging about burning his jersey, claiming he was actually holding the Cavs back, all kinds of things, and that they would never forget how he betrayed Cleveland and the fans. How selfish he was for only thinking about himself and not the fans. And then of course he was welcomed back to Cleveland with open arms a year or two later.

I just think it's interesting how similar the two situations are. Not exactly the same, of course, but very similar. LeBron James had the right to move to Florida, it's his life and he shouldn't have to live for the fans. Likewise, they have the right to be angry with him, but the personal attacks on the radio programs the night of his announcement and the next day were insane. Well, like the personal attacks on this board.
Old 04-28-2018, 10:11 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
Lindsey fans are on the fence. of course his fans acutely sense the betrayal that Lindsey must feel. the non-respect, unequal treatment and non-appreciation of him by the band - because it's money money money for Mick (like someone here said - when it was between money and Peter Green, he chose money).
This is exactly why I keep wondering if LB got dropped by Azoff before or after getting booted from the band.

I don’t necessarily believe the split was about conflicts in tour scheduling, and I don’t think Lindsey would be inflexible about doing a concurrent solo tour to the point of letting himself get fired. Now, I could see Stevie feeling life’s too short, but I don’t see her seriously using that as a motivating factor in breaking up the classic lineup. She could always travel separately if she couldn’t stand being in the same room as the guy.

I think there was blowback from the Classic shows, and the industry guys let it be known that Lindsey was now a financial liability for the band. The ONLY way I see Mick letting go of the classic lineup is that it was going to hurt the bottom line.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 04-28-2018, 10:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
yes. the vote seemed to have been Mick and Stevie talking John into it. 3 of them talking a lot, according to Mick. not even trying to consult Christine. until they had 3 votes and it was done. then they "explained" it to her and now she "fully understands". it seems John was not as quick to "understand," but they "worked" on him. at least he had a say.
Yep. That's why they keep saying "majority rules."

"Three is a majority. Therefore, we didn't need to consult you, because the decision did not need to be unanimous."

Unspoken: Don't like the decision, Christine? Tough *****.

But hey, looks like she's willing to sing the praises of the new Fleetwood Mac, so it all turned out alright for "the majority" in the end.

Last edited by sodascouts; 04-28-2018 at 10:18 AM..
Old 04-28-2018, 10:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post

"Three is a majority. Therefore, we didn't need to consult you, because the decision did not need to be unanimous."

Or they didn’t want to put her in the awkward position of having to vote on anything.

Quote:
But hey, looks like she's willing to sing the praises of the new Fleetwood Mac, so it all turned out alright for "the majority" in the end.
It’s very possible that she could love the new band AND still not be happy about the situation.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 04-28-2018, 11:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post

I think she was left in an awkward position. I'm sure she probably thinks the whole situation is sh!t but what can she do? She might fancy Buckingham McVie 2 but I think its pretty clear this is all about Lindsey wanting to focus on his solo work. He might also be up for BuckVie 2 but that would have had to have been for the distant future. She's left with the decision; Be principled, leave the band and end up doing nothing. Or show loyalty to Mick and stick it out. I hope through all of this she's been in touch with Lindsey at some point, somehow.

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood
Old 04-28-2018, 11:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
i thought it was interesting they were all using exact same words and phrasing as in CBS interview. it was like a play, played again and again.

they will do for sure they said:
  • Don't Dream it's Over (i never doubted that as they used it as a hook in CBS footage)
  • Don't Stop Draggin
  • Oh Well
  • World Turning
  • maybe Stand Back - if they need an uptempo song

first song they tried all together was Say You Love Me

Stevie kept insisting that Christine wrote Station Man. Christine said huh, that was Danny Kirwan. then Stevie kept insisting that Christine sings most of that song. Christine again says no. Stevie then continues talking over Christine (she kept doing that every time Christine would open her mouth), and says whatever.

Mick says something about he and Stevie having to talk John into voting with them, that they had tons of back and forth conversations, the 3 of them, and they reached the decision. Christine says she didn't know about it and was surprised when they told her, but whatever, life goes on, she fully understands when Mick explained it all to her. yes she had great time with Lindsey making an album and on the road most of last year, but whatever life goes on. (is she on tranquilizers?)

Mick was his a$$hole self. i won't comment on Stevie, i'll let people listen and draw their own conclusions. we've heard again all the stories about her and Lindsey opening for Janis in front of 15000 people and her being cleaning lady.

interesting change - the package deal story changed (ha!) - Stevie was telling the story, in about 3 different ways, and basically Mick called "us" and then Christine had to accept her, and if she didn't, Lindsey wouldn't be in the band either because, well, package deal. but she said at least 3 times that Mick invited "us". i had to laugh. that FM didn't want her but just Lindsey and he insisted she comes in with him too must really bother her.

oh yeah we've heard also how Stevie knows "everything" about all incarnations of FM, and then she tried to describe them (because remember, she listened to all their albums when Mick invited "them"), and it was painful to listen to, very similar to the Station Man thing.

again, Mick and Stevie blamed Lindsey for the years of the same setlists (apparently they don't understands there are old interviews by both of them insisting they have to do only hits), but hey now they are free to do all that great old blues stuff.

they need to rehearse at least 2 months because hey now - their setlist will be so fresh so they will need more than just 4-5 weeks they'd need if Lindsey was still there.

oh and Stevie and Lindsey were never married, but this is like a divorce. (same phrasing as CBS interview and what ended up written in RS).

a lot of what they said ended up in the RS article, and you already know it. but it was interesting to listen the tone of voices, Stevie talking over everybody, etc.

Neil Finn seemed cool. like interviewer said, Mike Campbell seemed disengaged.

John said one sentence, that Mick is going by the principle the band always must push on - never surrender!

RS interviewer said it was awkward interview. that he kept wanting to know about the guy not in the room, while he was faces with all these people, 6 of them, in some kind of small trailer. he said that Lindsey comes across as much less mercenary than the rest of these people.

both RS interviewers' commentary that book-ended actual band interview was the most interesting part, since the interview we can see on CBS and read in RS, mostly. they commented about that Stevie cover interview they did back in the middle of the OWTS tour. the interviewer at the time said that putting her on the cover alone without the band certainly wasn't his first choice, but he was (not clear by whom?) talked into it since she is the face of the band, and had her solo album out or something like that, and that Mick certainly was clearly pi**ed about it at the time.

about all i can remember right now.
my understanding of the Sirius interview, given that it is on the Rolling Stone channel, is that it is the actual recording of the interview out of which they wrote up the printed article.

So the recording lets you hear everything that was said, not just what they condensed into the written article. That would explain why certain parts are verbatim, because those are the parts pulled out for the written article.

But I'm fascinated by the bits left out. Thank you so much elle for reporting on that. I'm still working on getting to hear it for myself.

It seems like more than just people related to the band are checking what's been said about all this online, and perhaps (hopefully) are following up on the info they are seeing so SOMEBODY somewhere will write an insightful piece about the crap going on.

That said, a really good, meaningful article would need to have input from Lindsey's side to be balanced. I'm sure people are calling him relentlessly for interviews, comments, whatever. Initially in articles it was reported that calls to his agent were met with a comment to contact the band's management/PR. When they did contact the band's people, the band person said they hadn't figured out a way to get ahold of Lindsey. Circular nonsense.

There is more to be written about this. A good article would also be dependent on seeing how the tour actually turns out and whether people put their money where their mouth is or the tour sells out.
Old 04-28-2018, 11:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I think if there's a BuckVie 2, it will have a different back up band
Old 04-28-2018, 11:20 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tango87 View Post
Listening now. It all comes across as so defensive and uncomfortable. Mick's endless, rambling answers, rarely ever getting to the point and often mangling the Queen's English, make it exhausting to listen to...

I echo what someone wrote earlier - the band has just thrown away its edge, its purpose. Neil and Mike seem very nice, very talented and so on, but it's going to be so vanilla.Lindsey is such a volatile, sparky presence - it's what has always made his music so extraordinary. That unpredictable, febrile quality. He has it in his singing, his guitar playing, his arranging and producing - it is what sets him apart and has always set FM apart from so many other groups.
Lindsey was no doubt the architect of the classic Fleetwood Mac's sound. Without him they will become ordinary and pedestrian .I am actually a fan of Neil Finn but he will skew the dynamic of the band to the bland .He is a good writer of melodic soft rock..Fleetwood Mac already has one of those.The edge and eccentricity that Lindsey brought is what elevated them to greatness. If they release another album which I believe they will health withstanding Stevie's work will be indistinguishable from her solo career and the rest will be pretty middle of the road.

Old 04-28-2018, 11:26 AM
NotonRodeo
This message has been deleted by NotonRodeo. Reason: Tired of Stevie's lies