User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-17-2017, 07:58 PM
Senior Ledgie

Default Underwhelmed but still hopeful

Hello all---

I've listened to "In My World" more times than I thought I would, and it's growing on me.

But I am disappointed.

It is definitely NOT the song I expected to hear as the lead single. Where is Christine? Is she on this track at all? It doesn't sound like it. If that's the case, how is this track representative of the album at all? Who chose it as the lead single?

I'm offended as a fan of these artists and of the band. We've waited since 1987 to hear Christine and Lindsey together in the studio, and this project is being marketed as a duo album. But "In My World" doesn't sound anything like a duo track. It sounds like a Lindsey solo song with Mick and John playing along.

I mean...is it a bad song? No, certainly not. And I'd have probably liked it a lot more if it had appeared on Lindsey's next solo project.

Expectations are a dangerous thing when you're talking about art. I admit that.

I was hoping for a rocker with some of Christine's great vocals and sweet, bluesy keys. Instead, we get a decent enough Lindsey song...a midtempo, minor-key tune. Not exactly the kind of song people will crank up on the car radio as we approach summer. And why in the world would Lindsey revisit the "Uh" grunts from the studio version of "Big Love?" That gives an otherwise crisp production a slightly dated vibe.

In other words, I was really looking forward to "Think About Me" or "Hold Me" circa 2017, but instead we got "Peacekeeper" circa 1987.

Again, not a bad song at all. My hope now is that it's the worst song on the album. *wink*

matt
Old 04-17-2017, 10:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Lucas View Post
Hello all---

I've listened to "In My World" more times than I thought I would, and it's growing on me.

But I am disappointed.

It is definitely NOT the song I expected to hear as the lead single. Where is Christine? Is she on this track at all? It doesn't sound like it. If that's the case, how is this track representative of the album at all? Who chose it as the lead single?

I'm offended as a fan of these artists and of the band. We've waited since 1987 to hear Christine and Lindsey together in the studio, and this project is being marketed as a duo album. But "In My World" doesn't sound anything like a duo track. It sounds like a Lindsey solo song with Mick and John playing along.

I mean...is it a bad song? No, certainly not. And I'd have probably liked it a lot more if it had appeared on Lindsey's next solo project.

I was hoping for a rocker with some of Christine's great vocals and sweet, bluesy keys. Instead, we get a decent enough Lindsey song...a midtempo, minor-key tune. Not exactly the kind of song people will crank up on the car radio as we approach summer. And why in the world would Lindsey revisit the "Uh" grunts from the studio version of "Big Love?" That gives an otherwise crisp production a slightly dated vibe.

In other words, I was really looking forward to "Think About Me" or "Hold Me" circa 2017, but instead we got "Peacekeeper" circa 1987.

Again, not a bad song at all. My hope now is that it's the worst song on the album. *wink*

matt
My guess is that the core of the album are the songs that Fleetwood Mac minus La Nicks recorded in L.A. 3 years ago for the aborted new Fleetwood Mac album so hopefully we will hear plenty of Chris/Lindsey interaction on those songs .The remainder of the songs appear to be leftovers from other projects and it appears that " In My World " is one of those songs. So what we are getting is a cobbled together but not necessarily cohesive group of songs that they just wanted to get out there..hence the unfortunate album cover.I just plan on trying to enjoy it for what it is and expect nothing more.

Old 04-25-2017, 11:28 AM

I'm starting to count the days. 45 days to go!
Old 04-25-2017, 11:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
I'm starting to count the days. 45 days to go!
So close! So far!

(to state the obvious)

But I'm very anxious and excited.

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.

Last edited by TrueFaith77; 04-25-2017 at 11:59 AM..
Old 04-25-2017, 12:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Why hasn't there been any word from Lindsey so far? In fact, there doesn't seem to have been much of a push in the States in general so far...

the Uncut interview was for a British magazine.
The Jools Holland interview was for a British TV show.
The Mojo interview was for a British magazine.

Come on Lindsey. Get your butt in gear man!

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood
Old 04-25-2017, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
Why hasn't there been any word from Lindsey so far? In fact, there doesn't seem to have been much of a push in the States in general so far...

Especially because that's where the tour is (USA). Isn't he doing an interview w/ Wilde or something?

Oh, and by the way... I have more evidence that it's Christine on keys... we see her in the video playing them. that's more than you have Fuzzy!! lol
Old 04-25-2017, 12:55 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post

A journalist called David Wild, says on twitter that he is interviewing Lindsey today. I see he works for Rolling Stone.. so it seems we will have something soon.

BTW, he says in another tweet, "I love this upcoming #BuckinghamMcVie album".
Old 04-25-2017, 12:58 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Isn't he doing an interview w/ Wilde or something?
Oh now I see, there was talk about it in another thread jbrownsjr
Old 04-25-2017, 07:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by xhector View Post
Oh now I see, there was talk about it in another thread jbrownsjr
apparently he talked to LB about 6 hours ago -

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 05-03-2017, 07:11 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I just want to post about how excited I am for this upcoming release, this is the most excited I've been for anything Mac since Tango,

Say you Will or the EP did nothing for me unfortunately, I saw Mac as a 4 piece and while live I thought it was fine, on record it seriously lacked Christine balance.

Feel About You has me over the moon, it really hits the pop sweet spot for me, a sorta inverted pop that has a depth beyond its surface appearance.
Old 05-03-2017, 07:49 AM

37 days!
Old 05-03-2017, 08:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
37 days!
and the countdown begins
Old 05-03-2017, 08:33 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Oh I'm waiting on the countdown, ba, ba, ba.
Old 05-03-2017, 08:51 AM

I'm going to Go Insane, like I always do.
Old 05-03-2017, 10:23 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Lucas View Post
Hello all---

But I am disappointed.

matt

This.

Stylistically, aesthetically, both of these songs are ALL Lindsey. My hunch is that Feel About You was one of his tracks that she put lyrics to. Musically it really doesn't say "Christine" to me.

He often arranges his songs to be very light on bass and drums and be all kinds of pop confection when he's in his Brian Wilson mode. If you listen to the latest thing she did without him, her last solo album, it clearly connects with her bluesy roots.

I fear that part of his joy working with Christine is that she's not going to fight him, and he'll get his fantasy of a female partner who just lets him be the boss. I hopethat the stuff she brought in that she wrote before getting back under his spell is more of what we want from her.