User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-11-2017, 10:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
Oh, I think they messed around together. At least once.

I’m not so sure if Lindsey let all that anger go, but indeed he has changed a lot, probably thanks to his wife and kids.
I guess he wasn't very good at it.

Well, as much as his wife and kids, AGE does it to a man, too. I know several older men who were pretty damned mean when they were young, but just getting older softened all the anger.
Old 12-11-2017, 10:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
I've always wondered about Stevie and John,.... they were very tactile during the Tusk photo shoot(s) and in the behind the scenes footage whilst everyone else was who knows where, he was hanging with Stevie while she got her makeup done off in some side room.
Well I never thought John was attractive, but lort knows Mama didn't care what they looked like(I mean, how drunk would you have to be to wake up next to Mick?).

I can see Lindsey and Christine sleeping together, more than Stevie and John, though.
Old 12-11-2017, 01:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
It's interesting, because she's said that Over My Head was about him also... about what he was like to work with when they first joined the band, and again it's a song she formulated under the guise of a love song.

You can take me to paradise,
And then again you can be cold as ice
I'm over my head,
But it sure feels nice.

You can take me anytime you like,
I'll be around if you think you might
wanna love me baby,
And hold me tight.

Your mood is like a circus wheel,
You're changing all the time,
Sometimes I can't help but feel,
That I'm wasting all of my time.

Think I'm looking on the dark side,
But everyday you hurt my pride,

I'm over my head,
But it sure feels nice,
I'm over my head,
But it sure feels nice.

I always wondered if Heart of Stone was about him as well.

I have never heard Christine offer this interpretation. The common story is that Christine composed the song in her Malibu-rented apartment before they went into the studio. It reads much more logically as a comment on her up and down marriage with John.

Where did you see/hear/read her giving the interpretation you mentioned?

Last edited by aleuzzi; 12-11-2017 at 01:49 PM..
Old 12-11-2017, 01:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
I can see Lindsey and Christine sleeping together, more than Stevie and John, though.
I feel the opposite. I think it's far more likely (but still not all that likely) that Stevie and John might have fooled around. Lindsey and Christine get a long musically, but I doubt LB was attracted to her, and very little in LB's personality seems of interest to CM. But who knows?
Old 12-11-2017, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
I have never heard Christine offer this interpretation. The common story is that Christine composed the song in her Malibu-rented apartment before they went into the studio. It reads much more logically as a comment on her up and down marriage with John.

Where did you see/hear/read her giving the interpretation you mentioned?
She mentioned it in an interview around 2014 that it was about Lindsey.
Old 12-11-2017, 03:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
She mentioned it in an interview around 2014 that it was about Lindsey.
Not necessarily saying it isn't true... but these guys all say things that stretch the truth out a little. I'm not sure Christine would have even known Lindsey when she was writing Over My Head. If she did it would surely have only been for a matter of weeks or months. I'm not sure you'd feel that way about somebody that's already in a relationship after such a short time.

Apparently Christine had a fling with their ex-producer Martin Birch just before Chris and Lindsey joined the band. Maybe it was written about him.

I can see Chris and Lindsey having a drunken kissy-kissy fondle. I'd be surprised if anything more happened between them... guess we'll never know.

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood
Old 12-11-2017, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
Not necessarily saying it isn't true... but these guys all say things that stretch the truth out a little. I'm not sure Christine would have even known Lindsey when she was writing Over My Head. If she did it would surely have only been for a matter of weeks or months. I'm not sure you'd feel that way about somebody that's already in a relationship after such a short time.

Apparently Christine had a fling with their ex-producer Martin Birch just before Chris and Lindsey joined the band. Maybe it was written about him.

I can see Chris and Lindsey having a drunken kissy-kissy fondle. I'd be surprised if anything more happened between them... guess we'll never know.
It was in an interview w/ Fleetwood Mac. (I think late 2013). She had just done the interview about making music and did Songs of her life. This was the interview where she had picked songs like Prince, Beach Boys, B/N, etc. She had not joined FMac yet.

Then after, they did a Fleetwood Mac interview, plus Christine McVie and it was about an hour long with all members. You could tell they knew Christine was coming back. I'll have to go dig for it to see exactly what she said.
Old 12-11-2017, 06:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Yes, it was her interview with Johnny Walker on BBC2. It used to still be up on their site. I downloaded it and have a copy. She says, unequivocally, "that's about Lindsey" and mentions how he was "cute as hell" but she said "I make up stories" meaning love stories and she used that as the launching point for the song. It was right after she'd appeared at O2 and they (we know now) had worked it out for her to return, but no official announcement had been publicly made. When They talked to Mick and Stevie and Linsdsey shortly thereafter, and asked LB "could there be more" than just O2 with her, he said "Oh sure, there could be more. We'll see. I just don't want to jinx anything yet."
Old 12-11-2017, 07:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I feel the opposite. I think it's far more likely (but still not all that likely) that Stevie and John might have fooled around. Lindsey and Christine get a long musically, but I doubt LB was attracted to her, and very little in LB's personality seems of interest to CM. But who knows?
she was very clear and unequivocal in that relatively recent interview that Over My Head was about Lindsey. fans reacted then just as you all are now, and everyone said she never said that before. she said that she thought he was gorgeous since he and Stevie first approached them to meet and discuss their joining. and that she said the song was about and inspired by gorgeous Lindsey, but it's not literal (ie they didn't literally have an affair). she clearly thought he was very attractive.

i have no doubt that both Christine & Lindsey and Stevie & John had at least one roll in the hay at some point. they were all spending tons of time half-naked and high / drunk together. those were not necessarily affairs, just a quick roll. do they all remember it? who knows lol, they very easily may not!

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 12-11-2017, 10:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Well I never thought John was attractive, but lort knows Mama didn't care what they looked like(I mean, how drunk would you have to be to wake up next to Mick?).

Oh, I find John way more attractive (physical and intellectually) than Mick. But then I'm not Stevie (thank you, Lord!! )
She already stated that she was pretty drunk and that they were the only two people left at the party. Funny how she always mentions those things as if her affair with Mick was a one-time thing, when in fact they dated for several months.

Lindsey and Christine, yes. John and Stevie, not so much.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 12-12-2017, 01:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I don’t think Lindsey and Christine had a thing simply because if they had, Stevie probably wouldn’t be able to resist whining about what a terrible betrayal it was Unless they DID and it was somehow kept a secret from her all these years.
Old 12-12-2017, 04:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankenstein View Post
I don’t think Lindsey and Christine had a thing simply because if they had, Stevie probably wouldn’t be able to resist whining about what a terrible betrayal it was Unless they DID and it was somehow kept a secret from her all these years.
Unless she of course was also with John....then she couldn't whinge about anything as then they'd all be even
Old 12-12-2017, 04:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I think John and Lindsey are possible...
Micks not Lindsey’s type..

In other words does it matter, they were all young,gorgeous and high as kites.
Old 12-12-2017, 01:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
I agree entirely. I also don't think "Oh Daddy" was written about Mick, no matter how many times Mick says it was, and no matter how many times Christine has recently said "it probably was."
Old 12-12-2017, 01:32 PM

Quote:
I agree entirely. I also don't think "Oh Daddy" was written about Mick, no matter how many times Mick says it was, and no matter how many times Christine has recently said "it probably was."
You should call Christine and tell her what it's about!