Originally Posted by glitter_fades
Not the thread. Just me.

Not you. Just a post from you.

Romy

Non vogliate negar l'esperienza
di retro al sol, del mondo sanza gente
Considerate la vostra semenza
fatti non foste a viver come bruti
ma per seguir virtute e canoscenza ~ Dante Alighieri, Divina Commedia, Inferno Canto XXVI
Old 07-03-2005, 03:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn
I knew of the existence of the video but have never seen it.
I haven't seen the vid either, only ever read about it. The only Egan video I've ever seen was the vid for "Magnet and Steel."
Old 07-03-2005, 03:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by glitter_fades
Regarding Lindsey, I'm saying it was not a simple matter of a fellow band mate being jealous of a lesser talented person gaining more popularity. There were other dynamics between the two of them that made things complicated and to just keep implying he was jealous of her being more famous than he, or he was upset he didn't get due credit for what he did in the band is an oversimplification.
Lindsey did say this about Rumours in 1992: "I think that professional jealousies were probably actually less of a problem than just the inherent dynamics between two ex-couples. Which never really went away." So that would lend credence to this view.

Old 07-03-2005, 03:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Well, he was a member of the James Gang, then The Eagles and did have a decent solo career. Here's his discography:
http://www.discographyguide.com/joew...scography.html

Joe Walsh Discography
You Bought It You Name It
Future to This Life
The Smoker You Drink, The Player You Get
So What
Night Riding
Songs for a Dying Planet
But Seriously Folks
Ordinary Average Guy
There Goes the Neighborhood
The Confessor
You Can't Argue with a Sick Mind
Barnstorm (1972, MFSL, original master recording)
Got Any Gum?

With The James Gang:
Yer' Album
Rides Again
Thirds
Live In Concert

Other:
The Eagles, Hotel California; The Long Run; Hell Freezes Over
Emerson, Lake & Palmer, Works Volume 1
John Entwistle, Too Late The Hero
Manassas, Down The Road
Keith Moon, Two Sides Of The Moon
Graham Nash, Earth & Sky
Diana Ross, "Pieces Of Ice"
Ringo Starr, Old Wave; Ringo Starr And His All-Starr Band; Live From Monteux; "What In The... World"
Rod Stewart, A Night On The Town
Steve Winwood, Back In The High Life
Bill Wyman, Stone Alone

I guess I assumed she meant successful records, but yes, technically his name has been on a lot of stuff. I guess it could be him. Who knows?

Old 07-03-2005, 04:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodascouts
I think you're right in that he didn't always find her musicality noteworthy, but he seems to have had real respect for her talent as a lyricist, calling her a "poet" and admitting he doesn't have the way with words she has.
Well, Lindsey could have been bitter about her in interviews or otherwise verbally, but listen to the arrangements, guitarwork and backingvocals on her songs and you KNOW he respects and worships her talents enormously.

Old 07-03-2005, 06:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodascouts
I guess I assumed she meant successful records, but yes, technically his name has been on a lot of stuff. I guess it could be him. Who knows?
How are Hotel California, The Long Run, The Smoker You Drink The Player You Get not considered successful?
Old 07-03-2005, 06:54 PM
Lux
This message has been deleted by Lux.
Old 07-03-2005, 07:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
How are Hotel California, The Long Run, The Smoker You Drink The Player You Get not considered successful?
On AOR radio stations in the late 1970s, you could not get away from "Life Is Good," Joe's biggest single.

His Maserati does 185!
Old 07-03-2005, 07:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by shackin'up
Well, Lindsey could have been bitter about her in interviews or otherwise verbally, but listen to the arrangements, guitarwork and backingvocals on her songs and you KNOW he respects and worships her talents enormously.
I dunno, folks. I'm gonna have to stick to my sense that he doesn't think she's much of a songwriter. He probably thinks she has written ten or twelve good ones, & the rest is "rubbish," as Christine would say.

But to tell you the truth, I don't think that he thinks he has himself written more than five or ten really good songs. I don't think he believes that anyone in Fleetwood Mac from his era has written a "God Only Knows."

I don't think Lindsey is much of a "song" person, anyway. He's a track person; that's what he listens to, not the words or chord progression. Those are tertiary concerns, I'm sure, in his view.

Didn't Stevie once say that Lindsey thinks her songs are "spacey"? How do you spell "spacey"?

Last edited by David; 07-03-2005 at 07:10 PM..
Old 07-03-2005, 07:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux
But apparently the fact that we're talking about famous musicians means we can lump them all under the same catergory of behaviour. I gather only rock stars get blow jobs, I know I've never heard of any regular young males wanting or receiving such things. Mick, John and Lindsey are famous rock stars, this gives me the knowledge to assume that each has 10 groupies in a cage to they use upon inspiration and that they have no individuality nor reason beyond this 'rock star' characteristic.
Now I get why they need all those trucks touring.

Romy

Non vogliate negar l'esperienza
di retro al sol, del mondo sanza gente
Considerate la vostra semenza
fatti non foste a viver come bruti
ma per seguir virtute e canoscenza ~ Dante Alighieri, Divina Commedia, Inferno Canto XXVI
Old 07-03-2005, 07:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux
But apparently the fact that we're talking about famous musicians means we can lump them all under the same catergory of behaviour. I gather only rock stars get blow jobs, I know I've never heard of any regular young males wanting or receiving such things. Mick, John and Lindsey are famous rock stars, this gives me the knowledge to assume that each has 10 groupies in a cage to they use upon inspiration and that they have no individuality nor reason beyond this 'rock star' characteristic.
Lindsey has admitted he indulged in drugs and that the 70s were wild. I don't understand the problem? Maybe this Connie woman was lying but what's it to you if Lindsey had a little fun on tour? It doesn't make him any less valid as a musician or, in my eyes, as a person. I'm not criticising him for it but I'd be very surprised if Lindsey didn't party when the rest of the band was.
Old 07-03-2005, 07:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WelshWitchPMD
OOH, where did you hear this? Does that mean that she dated the rest of The Heartbrakers?
Does anyone remember this?? I believe it was discussed on the old ledge a long time ago when Don released his last solo album....actually I don't know which album it was but it had the song "Taking You Home" on it. Anyway, Stan Lynch was one of the producers.

From what I recall he did some sort of interview or something. He commented on Stevie and how she was always after him, but he wasn't interested in her. He said something to the effect that Benmont Tench was in love with her but he couldn't stand her.

I remember thinking he was pretty rude about it. Methinks, she probably rejected him (hmmm...Stevie rejecting a man..then again...maybe not! ) and he was just getting his diggs in.

As far as the other Heartbreakers...I have an suspicion that she and Michael Campbell got busy. She did an interview where she was talking about him and how she begged him to help her with a song. She said that she told him she would do anything he wanted, even "caress" him. Now, WTF does that mean??

"Hearts will break with choices we must
make, so sleep and dream of me."
- LB

Last edited by AliP; 07-03-2005 at 07:37 PM..
Old 07-03-2005, 07:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
That was confirmed by a good friend of mine who saw them together when Dylan was playing with the Dead in '87ish in California.
um...yeah....excuse me while I go BARF!!

"Hearts will break with choices we must
make, so sleep and dream of me."
- LB
Old 07-03-2005, 08:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliP
Does anyone remember this?? I believe it was discussed on the old ledge a long time ago when Don released his last solo album....actually I don't know which album it was but it had the song "Taking You Home" on it. Anyway, Stan Lynch was one of the producers.

From what I recall he did some sort of interview or something. He commented on Stevie and how she was always after him, but he wasn't interested in her. He said something to the effect that Benmont Tench was in love with her but he couldn't stand her.

I remember thinking he was pretty rude about it. Methinks, she probably rejected him (hmmm...Stevie rejecting a man..then again...maybe not! ) and he was just getting his diggs in.

As far as the other Heartbreakers...I have an suspicion that she and Michael Campbell got busy. She did an interview where she was talking about him and how she begged him to help her with a song. She said that she told him she would do anything he wanted, even "caress" him. Now, WTF does that mean??
Leave it to Stan Lynch not to mince words. I love that guy.

"Caress" him???? OMG... I'm not even going to type what's going through my head right now.
Old 07-03-2005, 08:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Maybe he never asked her? Connie was the kind of girl men would ask that of. Lots of men don't ask their wives for what they really want.
You stated that so much more eloquently than I was about to!
Old 07-03-2005, 09:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
He messed around with Connie Hamzy. Blergh.

Thank goodness we know no details and the rest of us are blind and see nothing and the people who think they know different are not delusional - its just us

save the cheerleader - save the world