The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read


Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 06-10-2018, 01:10 PM
bwboy bwboy is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Ohio
Posts: 1,198
Default Entertainment Weekly mentions

On ew.com there is an article about Danny Kirwan's passing, and in the June 15 issue, "honoring the best musical moments of the past six months," the Best All-Star Replacements- Mike Campbell and Neil Finn in Fleetwood Mac.
Reply With Quote
.
  #2  
Old 06-10-2018, 01:45 PM
Sugar Mouse's Avatar
Sugar Mouse Sugar Mouse is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 275
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
On ew.com there is an article about Danny Kirwan's passing, and in the June 15 issue, "honoring the best musical moments of the past six months," the Best All-Star Replacements- Mike Campbell and Neil Finn in Fleetwood Mac.
The only all-star replacements I can think of on that level were:

1. Lindsey/Stevie replacing Bob Welch
2. Steve Hogarth replacing Fish in Marillion
3 Phil Collins "replacing" Peter Gabriel in Genesis
4. Trevor Rabin replacing Steve Howe in Yes
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 06-10-2018, 03:04 PM
SteveMacD's Avatar
SteveMacD SteveMacD is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: The Buckeye State
Posts: 5,914
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugar Mouse View Post
The only all-star replacements I can think of on that level were:

1. Lindsey/Stevie replacing Bob Welch
They were hardly all-stars in 1975.

All-star replacements in 1975 would have been Mick Taylor (fresh out of the Rolling Stones) and Ian Gillan (from Deep Purple).
__________________
On and on it will always be, the rhythm, rhyme, and harmony.

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b313/SteveMacD/fm2014_zps5c60d7b9.jpg
Stephen Hopkins

https://www.facebook.com/Espy.Hopkins ; @espyhop)
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 06-10-2018, 03:17 PM
BombaySapphire3 BombaySapphire3 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: San Francisco Bay area
Posts: 3,793
Default

Right except for a small pocket of B/N mania in the deep south Stevie and Lindsey were utter unknowns when they got the call on New Year's eve 1974.Stardom at that moment was still a figment of La Nick's imagination.
__________________
Children of the world the forgotten chimpanzee..in the eyes of the world you have done so much for me. ..SLN.

Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 06-10-2018, 05:15 PM
Sugar Mouse's Avatar
Sugar Mouse Sugar Mouse is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 275
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
They were hardly all-stars in 1975.

All-star replacements in 1975 would have been Mick Taylor (fresh out of the Rolling Stones) and Ian Gillan (from Deep Purple).
I guess it depends on whether they mean "all stars" before, after, or either joining the band.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 06-10-2018, 08:04 PM
jbrownsjr jbrownsjr is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 11,163
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
They were hardly all-stars in 1975.

All-star replacements in 1975 would have been Mick Taylor (fresh out of the Rolling Stones) and Ian Gillan (from Deep Purple).
Not to mention Phil Coliins wasn't an all star either. He was barely a singer. He just happened to have some acting and a bit of singing experience and in a weird way sounded like Gabriel.
__________________
I would tell Christine Perfect, "You're Christine f***ing McVie, and don't you forget it!"
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 06-10-2018, 08:19 PM
SteveMacD's Avatar
SteveMacD SteveMacD is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: The Buckeye State
Posts: 5,914
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Not to mention Phil Coliins wasn't an all star either. He was barely a singer. He just happened to have some acting and a bit of singing experience and in a weird way sounded like Gabriel.
And, already being their drummer and backing vocalist didn’t hurt his cause.
__________________
On and on it will always be, the rhythm, rhyme, and harmony.

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b313/SteveMacD/fm2014_zps5c60d7b9.jpg
Stephen Hopkins

https://www.facebook.com/Espy.Hopkins ; @espyhop)
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 06-10-2018, 08:31 PM
Sugar Mouse's Avatar
Sugar Mouse Sugar Mouse is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 275
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Not to mention Phil Coliins wasn't an all star either. He was barely a singer. He just happened to have some acting and a bit of singing experience and in a weird way sounded like Gabriel.
Phil Collins was considered one of the best drummers in the world at the time when he replaced Peter Gabriel as lead singer.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 06-10-2018, 09:00 PM
jbrownsjr jbrownsjr is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 11,163
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugar Mouse View Post
Phil Collins was considered one of the best drummers in the world at the time when he replaced Peter Gabriel as lead singer.
Drummer, yes. Singer, no.
__________________
I would tell Christine Perfect, "You're Christine f***ing McVie, and don't you forget it!"
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 06-10-2018, 06:34 PM
secondhandchain's Avatar
secondhandchain secondhandchain is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: LOS ANGELES, CA
Posts: 1,292
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
On ew.com there is an article about Danny Kirwan's passing, and in the June 15 issue, "honoring the best musical moments of the past six months," the Best All-Star Replacements- Mike Campbell and Neil Finn in Fleetwood Mac.
Why is this in the Rumours forum? Still not going to make me care about the new line up. Cashgrab Mac
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 06-10-2018, 06:44 PM
SteveMacD's Avatar
SteveMacD SteveMacD is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: The Buckeye State
Posts: 5,914
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
Why is this in the Rumours forum? Still not going to make me care about the new line up. Cashgrab Mac
Because the mods said it was okay to talk about the current lineup here. Sorry you didnít get the memo.
__________________
On and on it will always be, the rhythm, rhyme, and harmony.

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b313/SteveMacD/fm2014_zps5c60d7b9.jpg
Stephen Hopkins

https://www.facebook.com/Espy.Hopkins ; @espyhop)
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 06-10-2018, 07:01 PM
bwboy bwboy is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Ohio
Posts: 1,198
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
Why is this in the Rumours forum? Still not going to make me care about the new line up. Cashgrab Mac
Sorry you don't think Danny Kirwan's passing belongs in this board. Some fans would be interested in knowing this, whether he was a member of the Rumours band or not. Since you don't care that he died, feel free to simply ignore this thread, along with another one that mentions Billy Burnette is doing better after having a heart attack and is now out of the hospital. I understand you probably don't care about Billy either, but other fans here do.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 06-10-2018, 07:19 PM
SteveMacD's Avatar
SteveMacD SteveMacD is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: The Buckeye State
Posts: 5,914
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
Sorry you don't think Danny Kirwan's passing belongs in this board. Some fans would be interested in knowing this, whether he was a member of the Rumours band or not. Since you don't care that he died, feel free to simply ignore this thread, along with another one that mentions Billy Burnette is doing better after having a heart attack and is now out of the hospital. I understand you probably don't care about Billy either, but other fans here do.
I think the objection was more about the Campbell/Finn reference. Not that anyone GAF about whether or not secondhandchain cares about the new lineup.
__________________
On and on it will always be, the rhythm, rhyme, and harmony.

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b313/SteveMacD/fm2014_zps5c60d7b9.jpg
Stephen Hopkins

https://www.facebook.com/Espy.Hopkins ; @espyhop)
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 06-10-2018, 10:59 PM
secondhandchain's Avatar
secondhandchain secondhandchain is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: LOS ANGELES, CA
Posts: 1,292
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
I think the objection was more about the Campbell/Finn reference. Not that anyone GAF about whether or not secondhandchain cares about the new lineup.
Um....I'm not the ONLY ONE who doesn't care about the new line up. There are tons of us. And yes I was not referring to Kirwan. RIP.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 06-10-2018, 11:09 PM
HomerMcvie's Avatar
HomerMcvie HomerMcvie is online now
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Indiana/Tennessee
Posts: 10,421
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
Um....I'm not the ONLY ONE who doesn't care about the new line up. There are tons of us. And yes I was not referring to Kirwan. RIP.
Preach it, preach it! I wouldn't go see this lineup if the ticket was free.
__________________
and Stevie Nicks was starting to lumber along like a sod-packed wheelbarrow.
And I'm David, not Homer!(we all should be able to change our name, at least once)
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

Fleetwood Mac Signed Guitar Buckingham McVie Fleetwood Autographed Strat (Nicks)
$2299.0
Fleetwood Mac Signed Guitar Buckingham McVie Fleetwood Autographed Strat (Nicks) pictureFleetwood Mac Signed Guitar Buckingham McVie Fleetwood Autographed Strat -Nicks
$899.0
Fleetwood Mac Signed Guitar Buckingham McVie Fleetwood Autographed Strat -Nicks pictureFleetwood Mac Signed Photo Stevie Nicks Mick Fleetwood Christie McVee John McVee
$799.99
Fleetwood Mac Signed Photo Stevie Nicks Mick Fleetwood Christie McVee John McVee pictureFleetwood Mac Signed Guitar Lindsey Buckingham Autographed Strat. (Nicks, McVee)
$499.0
Fleetwood Mac Signed Guitar Lindsey Buckingham Autographed Strat. (Nicks, McVee) pictureFLEETWOOD MAC A RARE PROOF ARTWORK FOR THE DANCE
$424.64
FLEETWOOD MAC A RARE PROOF ARTWORK FOR THE DANCE  picture



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:51 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 1995-2003 Martin and Lisa Adelson, All Rights Reserved