User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 07-30-2015, 09:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secret love View Post
Lindsey, Christine, John and Mick have recorded together at Village Studios.
Quote:
Originally Posted by secret love View Post
Stevie Nicks is the only person in the band who has had nothing to do with the recording of new songs.
Didn't both John and Christine say that he wasn't in the studio because he was undergoing treatment at the time?
Old 07-30-2015, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeInNV View Post
Didn't both John and Christine say that he wasn't in the studio because he was undergoing treatment at the time?
Yes, that's correct.
Old 07-30-2015, 11:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

FYI: I just did some more merging into this thread.
Old 07-30-2015, 02:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
Thanks Louie.They will be under one roof as they say.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 07-30-2015, 07:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitzo View Post
I am sure Stevie is not into a FM album because she has no material to contribute and finds writing really difficult in recent years. The only thing she has written and recorded since SYW is Soldier's Angel, as far as I can tell. Other songs released since then are either co-written, with someone else providing melody, or vault songs. She sees Lindsey and Chris being creative and she feels she cannot play that game anymore.
I bet she will contribute to a new FM album but just co-writes and vault things.
I also think she'll contribute considering she sang backup on the Lindsey-heavy "Extended Play" EP in 2013. Who says she has to write new songs? She has so many songs in the vault and even if she does a Volume 2 CD of her old demos, I'm sure she can save 3 or 4 songs for the FM album.
Old 07-31-2015, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
I really don't show enough appreciation to you. Thanks for organizing for us. We are a sloppy mess of a group.
Old 07-31-2015, 07:47 PM
Ledgie

I still can't help but feel a new album including Ms Nicks will never materialize. It is sad that as a writer she seems content to let her Tango In The Night songs be her contribution to the final album attributed to the five of them. More about that in a minute. I'm going to make a guess that the songs already in development by the others will be scattered between another compilation or box set In 2017, and solo releases from Lindsey Buckingham and possibly Christine McVie. I wouldn't be at all surprised to see a Buckingham/McVie album come out of this as well. At this point, I can't see Mick allowing an album not featuring Stevie Nicks in some capacity to come out under the Fleetwood Mac name. Although, I could see Lindsey being all for it just to spite Stevie. I couldn't care less if they tour extensively ever again. All I want is a final collection of songs and performances worthy of this classic lineup. For me, Tango In The Night is not that album. It has its moments Everywhere and Little Lies are gorgeous despite their sickeningly sweet 80s production. At least they still sounded like a band playing together on most of Mirage. I want that sound again for one last time. It's a shame Christine McVie wasn't involved as a full member on Say You Will. Oh what might have been.

Last edited by Iamwilliame; 07-31-2015 at 07:52 PM..
Old 07-31-2015, 07:50 PM
Ledgie

Then again, the actions of these 5 people when it comes to each other have never been as predictable as their setlists. Stranger things have happened.
Old 08-04-2015, 07:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamwilliame View Post
I still can't help but feel a new album including Ms Nicks will never materialize. It is sad that as a writer she seems content to let her Tango In The Night songs be her contribution to the final album attributed to the five of them. More about that in a minute. I'm going to make a guess that the songs already in development by the others will be scattered between another compilation or box set In 2017, and solo releases from Lindsey Buckingham and possibly Christine McVie. I wouldn't be at all surprised to see a Buckingham/McVie album come out of this as well. At this point, I can't see Mick allowing an album not featuring Stevie Nicks in some capacity to come out under the Fleetwood Mac name. Although, I could see Lindsey being all for it just to spite Stevie. I couldn't care less if they tour extensively ever again. All I want is a final collection of songs and performances worthy of this classic lineup. For me, Tango In The Night is not that album. It has its moments Everywhere and Little Lies are gorgeous despite their sickeningly sweet 80s production. At least they still sounded like a band playing together on most of Mirage. I want that sound again for one last time. It's a shame Christine McVie wasn't involved as a full member on Say You Will. Oh what might have been.
Well, until I hear an official statement from the band, I'm going to believe they will all be involved on the next album. They need to go out with class and style. No diva bullsh*t.
Old 08-04-2015, 08:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick View Post
They need to go out with class and style. No diva bullsh*t.
but were they were ever known for class & style, or non-diva behavior? why start now?

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 08-13-2015, 01:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Had lunch last weekend with a close friend of Stevie's.....he said she WILL do a new album with the band....it's just a matter of when.
Old 08-13-2015, 07:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fannymac View Post
Had lunch last weekend with a close friend of Stevie's.....he said she WILL do a new album with the band....it's just a matter of when.

Thanks for sharing!
Old 08-13-2015, 07:59 PM
Registered

Quote:
Thanks very much for the info!
Old 08-13-2015, 08:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
5 years from now or maybe when they are all dead...

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 08-13-2015, 08:19 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick View Post
I also think she'll contribute considering she sang backup on the Lindsey-heavy "Extended Play" EP in 2013. Who says she has to write new songs? She has so many songs in the vault and even if she does a Volume 2 CD of her old demos, I'm sure she can save 3 or 4 songs for the FM album.
Well she says she still smokes marijuana for inspiration in writing songs. And that the results show. So thats a sign?