The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Lindsey Buckingham
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-11-2011, 02:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Question UK/Ireland tour - cancelled or postponed?

will the UK/Ireland tour be rescheduled? if so, would it be in 2012 or there's no chance of it in 2012 as Live Nation UK announced?

the news seem to be pointing out to the tour being outright cancelled and not just postponed. that is if you believe Live Nation and Ticketmaster.

some venues seem to be saying tour may be just postponed.

NME has out the confusing article that everybody seems to be quoting, calling the tour canceled but then referring to LB's website that still has last week's announcement that tour will be rescheduled...

my hope is that once when Neale's surgery is over (and highly successful!!), lindsey's team will look into venues and when / which venues they can reschedule. i'm assuming their equipment must have been in the UK already by the time they had to reschedule and that it's probably on the way back now...

here is one of the articles out today:
http://trueoldiesabilene.com/fleetwo...ce=twitterfeed

Fleetwood Mac's Lindsey Buckingham Postpones U.K. Tour Due To Bandmate’s Injury

Lindsey Buckingham has been forced to postpone a U.K. tour that was scheduled to kick off this week due to an injury sustained by an unidentified member of his backing band.

The Fleetwood Mac star was due to kick off the nine-date U.K. trek at the Symphony Hall in Birmingham, England, on Thursday (Dec. 8), but he’s pulled all his gigs so his bandmate can recover. The tour was scheduled through a Dec. 19 gig in London.

“Lindsey Buckingham unfortunately needs to postpone his upcoming U.K. shows as his guitarist has severely injured his back and is not able to presently perform,” reads a post on his official website. “All tickets will be honored at the soon to be announced rescheduled dates.”

Buckingham recently sat down with Ultimate Classic Rock to discuss his solo career, calling it “modest by comparison” when sized up next to Fleetwood Mac, but emphasizing he’s used to it like that and wouldn’t expect things to be any other way.

“That is how it is and that’s how it has been for my entire solo career,” he said. “I do this for the love of doing it. I don’t make any money doing these [solo] tours. But as an artist I want to hold onto the ideal and [make music that has] a transcendent, religious quality.”
Old 12-11-2011, 03:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

I really wish these people would talk to each other so we'd know one way or another what was happening.
Old 12-11-2011, 03:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Springs View Post
I really wish these people would talk to each other so we'd know one way or another what was happening.
Me too. I've decided to be positive or live in the land of denial (not sure which) and believe that the tour will reach the UK at some point. I refuse to believe that it is not possible to reschedule at all during 2012. Am hoping that it's a case of seeing how Neale's recovery goes and then sorting out a reschedule. Maybe they decided to give refunds, because at this point in time they really have no idea at what point during the year they'll be able to get back on the road.
Old 12-11-2011, 03:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I really hope for all the peeps that it isn't cancelled. But I don't know the severity of Neale's injury and I'm feeling so bad for him as well. This is just one of those unpredictable things that happen where you hope it will all pan through.

"Reality leaves a lot to the imagination." ~ JL
Old 12-11-2011, 04:14 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by poetinmyheart View Post
Me too. I've decided to be positive or live in the land of denial (not sure which) and believe that the tour will reach the UK at some point. I refuse to believe that it is not possible to reschedule at all during 2012. Am hoping that it's a case of seeing how Neale's recovery goes and then sorting out a reschedule. Maybe they decided to give refunds, because at this point in time they really have no idea at what point during the year they'll be able to get back on the road.
I really, really hope this turns out to be the case but, if so, wish an announcement would have been made to this effect to give us just a glimmer of hope that we may at some point in the future see Lindsey solo on a UK tour. At the moment I feel, and I may be wrong, that it just isn't going to happen Time will tell!

Gill.
Old 12-11-2011, 04:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Ticketmaster have the tour as officially cancelled and are processing refunds. For more info see the UK Ledgies thread.
Old 12-11-2011, 05:53 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodfather View Post
Ticketmaster have the tour as officially cancelled and are processing refunds. For more info see the UK Ledgies thread.
Yep, I've been contacted and been refunded direct by my venue as well who stated that it is officially cancelled. Still waiting on refund for further tickets by Ticketmaster.

Gill.
Old 12-11-2011, 06:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gfd1963 View Post
Yep, I've been contacted and been refunded direct by my venue as well who stated that it is officially cancelled. Still waiting on refund for further tickets by Ticketmaster.

Gill.
Have you been contacted by Ticketmaster about the cancellation? I haven't heard anything from them yet. I guess it'll be quicker for me to contact them, to get the ball rolling for a refund.

Last edited by poetinmyheart; 12-11-2011 at 06:08 PM..
Old 12-11-2011, 06:33 PM
Senior Ledgie

I bought the tickets off of Live Nation. Will I contact them direct for a refund ?
Old 12-11-2011, 06:34 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Have you been contacted by Ticketmaster about the cancellation? I haven't heard anything from them yet. I guess it'll be quicker for me to contact them, to get the ball rolling for a refund.
Ticketmaster's website says you should automatically receive refunds within about 10 days of a cancellation and as yet I haven't contacted them. Alan's (Dodfather) post in the UK Ledgies thread, however, states that he has been in touch with them by phone and his refund will be processed in 7 days. I think I will given them a call tomorrow as it looks like it speeds things up a bit.

Gill.

Last edited by gfd1963; 12-11-2011 at 06:38 PM..
Old 12-11-2011, 06:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I'd recommend contacting them yourself to hurry them up.
Old 12-11-2011, 06:46 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gfd1963 View Post
Ticketmaster's website says you should automatically receive refunds within about 10 days of a cancellation and as yet I haven't contacted them. Alan's (Dodfather) post in the UK Ledgies thread, however, states that he has been in touch with them by phone and his refund will be processed in 7 days. I think I will given them a call tomorrow as it looks like it speeds things up a bit.

Gill.
What is Ticketmaster's number ?
Old 12-11-2011, 08:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I really feel bad for all of you that had tickets.
With low ticket sales I was worried that the
same thing would happen at the venue I saw
him at years ago. I even called the place just
an hour or so before the show to make sure it
was still on.

But Stevie on the other hand cancelled
a show that I had tickets for back in the 80's.
Matter of fact it was cancelled, then back on
and then cancelled again. That one hurt.
Old 12-12-2011, 05:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleetwoodmark View Post
What is Ticketmaster's number ?
I used 08444 999 999 and then you just go thugh a few options until you get to talk to a person.
Old 12-12-2011, 05:58 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodfather View Post
I used 08444 999 999 and then you just go thugh a few options until you get to talk to a person.
Thanks for that. I'm on it this morning!

Gill.