User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-07-2008, 07:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
That's just like our guy. First I think it said March 11, then it was March 25. Now you'll be getting it in April. And just when is that second album of his coming out?

Michele
Well, he said it'd be early this year so I'd say it's due some time around 2012 In all seriousness, I do hope we get it before the end of this year! Summer time would be good, but I doubt we'll even see it that soon
Old 02-08-2008, 10:37 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
That's just like our guy. First I think it said March 11, then it was March 25. Now you'll be getting it in April. And just when is that second album of his coming out?

Michele
The initial announcement on his website said March 25th and not March 11th so I think this is Amazon's fault this time.

Old 02-09-2008, 12:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

this sounds quite exciting actually and I might even think about buying it !!!I only hope this is NOT the long awaited second cd, that wev'e been holding out for....and that it's a tie me over until the next one ( you know the cd with the crazy, zany, nutty Lindsey some of us really love) but hey ho... this sounds pretty good.
Sad to read some rather negative comments about Kristen on here...I've been out of the loop a bit with all of that, has she not been keeping a low profile with his fans? Maybe she dosn't want to get in his way and comes over a bit distant because of that...I dunno, or has she been in their faces?
Perhaps someone can enlighten me. I think she's had a bit of a positive effect on him to be honest and it's a good one..at least he's out there a bit more and I'm sure it's thanks to her ( at least a little bit)

Last edited by tuigirl; 02-09-2008 at 01:02 AM..
Old 02-09-2008, 01:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

This info has already been posted but I know you guys like to see the promotional side of Lindsey so here's the ditty from Billboard Magazine.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fleetwood Mac guitarist Lindsey Buckingham is following up his 2006 solo set, "Under the Skin," with "Live at the Bass Performance Hall," due March 25 via Reprise. The CD/DVD package includes 15 tracks gathered from a January 2007 performance at the Ft. Worth, Texas, concert hall and features tracks from "Under the Skin" as well as tracks from Fleetwood Mac's back catalog.

Of the latter, Buckingham tackles songs like "Never Goin Back," "Big Love" and "Go Your Own Way," and is backed by a four-piece band. The DVD also includes 45 minutes of behind-the-scenes footage.

"Under the Skin" was Buckingham's first solo album since 1992's "Out of the Cradle."

http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/news/..._id=1003708240
Old 02-09-2008, 01:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuigirl View Post
this sounds quite exciting actually and I might even think about buying it !!!I only hope this is NOT the long awaited second cd, that wev'e been holding out for....and that it's a tie me over until the next one ( you know the cd with the crazy, zany, nutty Lindsey some of us really love)
I was thinking about this. I was thinking that as the tour went on I was getting tired of his barking. But then I thought, "Well, that's Lindsey and you should be happy he still has and nourishes that side of himself." Also, as the tour went on Lindsey became more Lindsey. He used to come out and quietly walk to the mic and start singing so quickly I would say, "Why is that guitar tech saying 'reading the paper, saw a review?'" And he'd stay quiet throughout the song. But by the end of the tour, he was screaming at the conclusion of Not Too Late. And I just had to laugh, because that's how he is.

It's like the Law and Order cover. Handsome man, but generic hunk. Who the heck is he? Cover of Go Insane? That's Lindsey and no one else! I can't live without the signature eccentricities.

Michele
Old 02-09-2008, 02:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
It's like the Law and Order cover. Handsome man, but generic hunk. Who the heck is he? Cover of Go Insane? That's Lindsey and no one else! I can't live without the signature eccentricities.
So true. My brother is a casual fan of Lindsey's and loves his work especially with FM, but some of the solo stuff too. For me, the weirder the better, so I'll be so excited to play him something that I think is awesome and he'll just be like "you really do have a thing for the weird stuff, don't you?" I remember the first time I played him "Gifts of Screws" and he just sat there wide eyed and I was all dancing to the left, to the right, up and down, etc. I have a thread on the Rumours forum going about Live in Boston, but one of my favorite things about that DVD having spent some time with it is how Lindsey is a bit more uninhibited than I was used to seeing him and how fun, entertaining and exciting that is. The eccentricities are what make him even more intriguing to me, hence why live versions and demos of songs get more play than the polished versions that he spends so much time perfecting.

Last edited by bucklind17; 02-09-2008 at 02:17 PM..
Old 02-09-2008, 02:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

But by the end of the tour, he was screaming at the conclusion of Not Too Late. And I just had to laugh, because that's how he is....

That's Lindsey and no one else! I can't live without the signature eccentricities...

Michele
You know what I would LOVE to see....or even hear for that matter....the show where he got pissed at the Turner and smashed it to smithereens...

http://www.ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/sh...smashed+guitar
Old 02-09-2008, 04:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucklind17 View Post
I have a thread on the Rumours forum going about Live in Boston, but one of my favorite things about that DVD having spent some time with it is how Lindsey is a bit more uninhibited than I was used to seeing him and how fun, entertaining and exciting that is. The eccentricities are what make him even more intriguing to me, hence why live versions and demos of songs get more play than the polished versions that he spends so much time perfecting.

Oh yeah, that's one thing about The Dance dvd (although it's one of my Top 5 FM items of all time) is that Lindsey is being relatively formal. Once they went on The Dance tour itself, he was much looser and running around everywhere, but the DVD doesn't capture the more wild part. Michele
Old 02-09-2008, 10:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsy View Post
You know what I would LOVE to see....or even hear for that matter....the show where he got pissed at the Turner and smashed it to smithereens...

http://www.ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/sh...smashed+guitar
I was at that show!!! OMG!! The memories...It was friggen' amazing to see him in such a fit of wild animal rage. I took my mom and she thought that was how he was at all the shows. It was pretty incredible.

The saddest part? I actually had over 100 pics + video (including that moment) from that night and then my camera was stolen the next day at Penn Station. Atleast I got to experience it.

"Reality leaves a lot to the imagination." ~ JL
Old 02-11-2008, 12:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico View Post
I was at that show!!! OMG!! The memories...It was friggen' amazing to see him in such a fit of wild animal rage. I took my mom and she thought that was how he was at all the shows. It was pretty incredible.

The saddest part? I actually had over 100 pics + video (including that moment) from that night and then my camera was stolen the next day at Penn Station. Atleast I got to experience it.
Sounds like the universe intervened on Lindsey's behalf. However I would've liked to have seen that.
Old 02-12-2008, 12:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Is this the same concert they were showing on the HD chanel? I watched that and his vocals seemed off and more strained than I was used to hearing. To anyone that went to a lot of shows; what nights would you say were his best in terms of singing?
Old 02-12-2008, 12:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

No, that was Soundstage, filmed in Chicago.
Old 02-12-2008, 12:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by henryscutter View Post
Is this the same concert they were showing on the HD chanel? I watched that and his vocals seemed off and more strained than I was used to hearing. To anyone that went to a lot of shows; what nights would you say were his best in terms of singing?
I went to several shows and I thought Fort Worth was fantastic...played his guts out for those cameras! I thought as the tour progressed the solos became longer and he was more and more comfortable/crazy on stage and with his audience but Fort Worth was fantastic.

Old 02-12-2008, 12:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
No, that was Soundstage, filmed in Chicago.
No, this was from the UTS tour. Soundstage was earlier right?
Old 02-12-2008, 01:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Yes, it is the same Fort Worth show that was on the HD channel.

Michele