The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Christine McVie
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-29-2007, 04:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Another Stevie Plea foor Chris...

This excerpt comes from an article that has been posted in full in the Stevie room, but I thought you all might like to respond to the following here:

Another round of recording and touring with Fleetwood Mac isn't out of the question either, although she said she would dearly love to see McVie - who essentially retired from music after The Dance tour - participate if there is another reunion.

"It was kind of like Chris was the boss.... So when she wasn't there, we were all like. 'Where's Mom?' Where's the person who tells us what to do?' It was a little bit like we were a bunch of kids let out of recess with no teacher.

"I don't know whether I could do it again without her. That does not mean that the door is closed. It does not mean that the decision has been made. It just means that it's hard for me to not have her there."
Old 06-29-2007, 06:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
"It was kind of like Chris was the boss.... So when she wasn't there, we were all like. 'Where's Mom?' Where's the person who tells us what to do?' It was a little bit like we were a bunch of kids let out of recess with no teacher.
I LOVE this quote! I wonder what Chris would say if she knew that Stevie was referring to her as "Mom".
Old 06-29-2007, 06:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by macfan 57 View Post
I LOVE this quote! I wonder what Chris would say if she knew that Stevie was referring to her as "Mom".
I think she'd love it. Then again, I think that for the most part, CM viewed herself as a big sister to La Nicks. I am sure they have had their moments of fighting, but for the most part, I think they were really good friends. I have never heard otherwise

save the cheerleader - save the world
Old 06-29-2007, 06:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by strandinthewind View Post
I think she'd love it. Then again, I think that for the most part, CM viewed herself as a big sister to La Nicks. I am sure they have had their moments of fighting, but for the most part, I think they were really good friends. I have never heard otherwise
Oh I agree, knowing Christine's sense of humor. I think she'd get a kick out of being called "Mom".

I've never even heard that these two ever fought. They've hardly ever had a bad word to say about each other through the years. I think they grew apart a bit during the 1980's & early 1990's. But it sounds like they're probably great friends again now even if they only seldom see each other, due to Chris living in England now.
Old 06-29-2007, 06:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

^^^

I think CM was likely harsh on La Nicks for having no musical background/training - but having a good vision of how she wanted her songs crafted. I think she was used to giving them to LB and coming back a day or two later and they'd be done. I think CM was way more interactive than that.

Old 06-29-2007, 07:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

They were very close in the 70s. However, in the 1984 Rolling Stone interview with Chris re: her then new solo album, Chris admits that she and Stevie--at that point--rarely socialized much. She saw Stevie as living in a fantasy world and that disturbed her. But I think the two reestablished their friendship during the Tango and then Mask tours.

The only "fight" I ever recall reading about between them wasn't really a fight at all: according to Mick, Chris got miffed at Stevie when Stevie complained about not being very present on Tango...But even then the tension was immediately resolved.
Old 06-29-2007, 08:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

^^^

Yea - by that point, La Nicks, by all accounts, was cloistered from the world by management -- but I do know people that say she was still somewhat free. I think, like us all, they grew apart, especially considering she did two solo records before TITN - and CM and they all were unsure of FM's future. I do think though, that the growing apart was not because of any animosity between them - though, I hear by then La Nicks was a terror to work with. In the end, I think they remained friendly if not friends. I sort of look at it like your friends from college that you do not see for awhile and then picj right back up with.

Old 06-30-2007, 03:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Stevie has said on more than one occasion that Christine was like her big sister.

I think they were like sisters. If you're the big sister you sometimes get fed up of the younger one trailing round after you and if you're the little sister you sometimes get fed up with being told what to do all the time.

so yes they were like sisters with all the good and bad that comes with that.

Now though it appears that Christine is "mom" or as she's english "mum"

Gail