User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-21-2006, 02:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie
Yep. She always liked those hairy guys. And they were just average looking Joes.
is it really just me that thinks johns gorgeous?? lis!!!!

i kind of think dennis is quite good looking too and curry, he looks kind of like lindsey with the afro!

anyway, mr birch, maybe hes just very very nice, i just wish we new more! im waaay too nosy

Last edited by GypsySongbird; 03-21-2006 at 02:15 PM..
Old 03-21-2006, 02:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePenguin
try this--
http://www.thehighwaystar.com/rosas/...ages/birch.jpg

personally i don't see the appeal..perhaps he had a charming wit.

-Lis

Yikes. She has "unusual" tastes?
Old 03-21-2006, 02:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsySongbird

i kind of think dennis is quite good looking too and curry, he looks kind of like lindsey with the afro!

anyway, mr birch, maybe hes just very very nice, i just wish we new more! im waaay too nosy

Yeah, John and dennis were both good looking guys--and both of them had a dangerous sexiness...I guess.
Old 03-21-2006, 02:44 PM
Administrator
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:

yes, of course you know I think John was/is gorgeous!! Those sleepy eyes, that smile so warm it could melt butter, the dimple in his left cheek, that chin....the way he blushes and looks down and scratches his neck when he's embarrassed, that adorable chuckle....come on, people, the man oozes 'endearing.'. How do you not love him?

I also see dennis's appeal, the shaggy/scruffy/bad boy ruggedness. and Curry also had a charm about him.....

But Martin Birch....Ed Quintela.....no, the physical appeal there eludes me.

-Lis
Old 03-21-2006, 11:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

No, I love John.
Old 03-22-2006, 05:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

I also see dennis's appeal, the shaggy/scruffy/bad boy ruggedness. and Curry also had a charm about him.....

But Martin Birch....Ed Quintela.....no, the physical appeal there eludes me.

-Lis
I've always thought that Dennis Wilson was VERY attractive. I LOVE him in that boat picture that was posted in the picture thread. He was also very charismatic, which I think was a great appeal for Chris at the time. I think he was the best looking Beach Boy, by far.

I think Curry Grant looked fantastic in that Japan documentary video too. It seemed she tended to go for the rugged kind of guys.

Martin Birch, I don't know. Every time I look at his picture, I see Danny Kirwan, only a little better looking. He didn't seem to be the rugged type though.

There is nothing in Eddy Quintela that in any way at all appeals to me.
Old 03-22-2006, 08:20 AM
Administrator
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by macfan 57
I've always thought that Dennis Wilson was VERY attractive. I LOVE him in that boat picture that was posted in the picture thread. He was also very charismatic, which I think was a great appeal for Chris at the time. I think he was the best looking Beach Boy, by far.

Yeah, I think he was too, although Brian was also a cutie back in the early days, w/ that handsome innocent freckled face, before he got so sick/bloated. I think dennis actually looked better once he grew the beard than when he was young and cleanshaven.

One thing that always annoyed me about dennis was that he didn't like the way Chris dressed. ?? She actually went shopping w/ his soon-to-be-ex-wife to buy some clothes that dennis would like. I know I read that somewhere. Isn't that crazy?

The things we do for love....
-Lis
Old 03-22-2006, 10:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
One thing that always annoyed me about dennis was that he didn't like the way Chris dressed. ?? She actually went shopping w/ his soon-to-be-ex-wife to buy some clothes that dennis would like. I know I read that somewhere. Isn't that crazy?
-Lis
I read that too. It was in that Beach Boys book, "Heroes And Villians". There is an excerpt pertaining to Chris in the Blue Letter Archives. I think the entire 2 or 3 years they were together were a very crazy & bizarre time for Chris.
Old 03-22-2006, 01:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

The things we do for love....
-Lis
Yes I read that too! Sometimes I think she makes some bizzare decisions when it comes to men!

Gail
Old 03-22-2006, 03:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I read that too. It was in that Beach Boys book, "Heroes And Villians". There is an excerpt pertaining to Chris in the Blue Letter Archives. I think the entire 2 or 3 years they were together were a very crazy & bizarre time for Chris.
i dont like thay book i dont think it liked chris very much. stupid book!
Old 03-22-2006, 03:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I think Curry Grant looked fantastic in that Japan documentary video too. It seemed she tended to go for the rugged kind of guys.
thats what i thought, that type works with chris i think, kind of 'goes togehter' in a wierd way
Old 03-23-2006, 01:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

So what sort of influence do you think all these types of men had on Christine's songwriting or musicianship?

Or was there no discernible influence at all?

Christine always seemed to treat her personal life & her professional work as two distinct aspects of experience, with only occasional overlap of ideation.
Old 03-23-2006, 04:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David
So what sort of influence do you think all these types of men had on Christine's songwriting or musicianship?

Or was there no discernible influence at all?

Christine always seemed to treat her personal life & her professional work as two distinct aspects of experience, with only occasional overlap of ideation.
Sometimes I think I hear a difference. But then I wonder if it's more of me WANTING to hear a difference, or if the difference I hear has more to do with other factors (i.e. age, life situation at the time). I think it's only reasonable to expect Christine's songs at 60 to be somewhat different than her songs at 25.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 03-23-2006, 04:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David
In my opinion, none whatsover.
Old 03-24-2006, 10:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
In my opinion, none whatsover.
Yeah, I don't think many of Christine's songs are all that autobiographical. I know "You Make Lovin' Fun," "Don't Stop" and "Only Over You" have obvious connections with her life and her relationships. And I'm assuming the rather negative lyrics to "Remember Me," "Dissatisfied," "Believe" and "Why" are related to problems she'd had with John at that time. Still, I think she knows her limitations as a lyricist, stays with a theme she can handle, and works around that.