User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-16-2009, 09:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumour0323 View Post
He's 25 years older than she is, come on people it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out what she saw in LB.
Even if he was just a session player with a lot less income, I could see LB having quite an appeal to a woman in her thirties (I believe Kristen just turned 39). He's not dumb. He's not gross. He's got an interesting personality. He can be pretty charming when he wants to be. I think of the age difference here like I do in the Michael Douglas, Catherine Zeta Jones marriage. Given the people involved, it doesn't seem to be a factor.

If Lindsey was an older 59 year old, it would be different. I don't know anything about her, but if she was someone known to have the problems that, say, Tatum O'Neal still does, then I'd say she was an extremely young 39 and he was much too old for her. But, as it is, the age thing doesn't particularly strike me. She may be a gold digger, but I wouldn't assume that the only reason she wants him is his money, as if that's all he has to offer.

Michele
Old 03-16-2009, 09:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Picture of "Kristen" on the cover of the DVD side by side of a screen shot from LB's Behind the Music special.

Old 03-16-2009, 09:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico View Post
. My stakes are on Stella.
The Elle article didn't elaborate, but along with saying she was bossing the 3 dogs around, it also said she was wearing a warm holiday dress, despite the heat. If I had to guess, I don't think Kristen put her in that, since everyone else was dressed casually. I bet Miss Stella insisted on wearing that herself. Michele
Old 03-16-2009, 09:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Screen shots from "Shaking the Tree"

Old 03-16-2009, 09:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

see all these pics of her just show how unattractive she is. I think its her eyes that make her odd looking. not sure how to explain that.
Old 03-16-2009, 09:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WelshWitchPMD View Post
Screen shots from "Shaking the Tree"

Goodness, she was really cute! I can't see how anyone could say it isn't the exact same woman- even if you look at more recent pics (below) she still looks about the same. Just older...

And to the person who said Lindsey's a catch: uh, YEAH. Shoot, his ex-girlfriends are still hung up over him, he has the energy of a 25 year-old and pretty much looks like he gained three pounds since the 70s. He's handsome, brilliant, enigmatic...I don't see how you couldn't find him alluring. I'll be objective here: Lindsey, at his age, is far more alluring than Kristen has ever, could ever, be. And this is coming from someone who doesn't have a thing against her. He's a 10 to me.

"Reality leaves a lot to the imagination." ~ JL
Old 03-16-2009, 10:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kak125 View Post
see all these pics of her just show how unattractive she is. I think its her eyes that make her odd looking. not sure how to explain that.
Well, in that one photo with the pencil at her chin, her eyes look especially light. Like the self-flagellating monk in The Da Vinci Code. But in a way, that unusual feature is attractive, because it calls attention to her face and is not run-of-the-mill.

As for Lindsey's appeal, yes. I honestly think if he was playing at a local club and was poor and not famous that a woman in her thirties could think he was DARN cute. Then, you get to know him and even if he likes to repeat himself at length, he's obviously very intelligent. He's intense, but also has a great sense of humor and silliness. Talented, natch. I mean, his millions don't hurt matters, but there are other reasons to be with him.

Michele
Old 03-16-2009, 10:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Well, in that one photo with the pencil at her chin, her eyes look especially light. Like the self-flagellating monk in The Da Vinci Code. But in a way, that unusual feature is attractive, because it calls attention to her face and is not run-of-the-mill.

As for Lindsey's appeal, yes. I honestly think if he was playing at a local club and was poor and not famous that a woman in her thirties could think he was DARN cute. Then, you get to know him and even if he likes to repeat himself at length, he's obviously very intelligent. He's intense, but also has a great sense of humor and silliness. Talented, natch. I mean, his millions don't hurt matters, but there are other reasons to be with him.

Michele

you know it looks like the 2nd pic from Lindsey's behind the music special that she looks really strange in with the eyes but then when i look at the newer pics posted her eyes look even more strange there. hey to each his own i just dont see the appeal one bit. For her being say 38-39 she just looks so much older to me. i can definitley see why she would want lindsey though besides his money. i have thought lindsey was hot since i was in my 20's and now being 31, i think he is even hotter esp when you see him play that guitar and he just seems like such a nice guy.
Old 03-16-2009, 10:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I thought it was funny in BTM when Stevie pointed out that she was with Lindsey before he had money and was famous. Michele
Old 03-16-2009, 10:17 PM
Senior Ledgie

i think they each served a purpose for each other when they met. lb was lonely and looking for love relatively late in life. last chance kind of thing for kids in his mind. kristen likes famous people and i think that's been established by her choices in husbands. an actor, record mogul, rockstar. she made her way up the ladder. that doesn't really imply anything other than an average joe wouldn't be her cup of tea and i don't think she would give him the time of day. i don't want to say opportunistic but if the shoe fits. i think kristen wanted to be something, even if only by default through marriage. the vibe i got {which is only an opinion} was not a particularly warm one but more of a possessive and possibly controlling one. can't explain any better. i think lb's just happy to have a wife and kids. this sounds like i don't like kristen and that's not the case and these are only observations, not facts
Old 03-16-2009, 10:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I thought it was funny in BTM when Stevie pointed out that she was with Lindsey before he had money and was famous. Michele
I thought what was very eloquently put- and true. She can claim that and run it to the ground because it's 100% accurate.

Old 03-16-2009, 10:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
ha i remember that cuz my husband was like woah burn!!
Old 03-16-2009, 10:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Here's my thing: I think Kristen has a strong personality, but do you guys actually think she controls Lindsey? I mean, he looks like he frigg'n does what HE wants and is the man. I'm sure he's softened a bit, but I hardly think he's letting her boss him around or hold his balls in her purse. He probably shuts her up with the magic cards...I'm just sayin'...my best friend's husband is a bit of a chauvinist and quite a man's man and she's got a strong personality but will succumb because she wants for nothing and he is generous. That's what I think...

Last edited by Nico; 03-16-2009 at 10:26 PM..
Old 03-16-2009, 10:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle Daya View Post
i think they each served a purpose for each other when they met. lb was lonely and looking for love relatively late in life. last chance kind of thing for kids in his mind.
I agree that Lindsey was probably lonely. He always likes to be with someone it seems. But I don't think Lindsey wanted kids. I mean, the second and third, of course, but that first time seemed to come as a surprise to him. Obviously, once it was a fait accompli, he must have liked it more than he believed possible. But I don't think he was out looking for that. I think it was Ken who said in Mojo that Lindsey resented the pregnancy at first, but then melted when the baby arrived.

Michele
Old 03-16-2009, 10:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I agree that Lindsey was probably lonely. He always likes to be with someone it seems. But I don't think Lindsey wanted kids. I mean, the second and third, of course, but that first time seemed to come as a surprise to him. Obviously, once it was a fait accompli, he must have liked it more than he believed possible. But I don't think he was out looking for that. I think it was Ken who said in Mojo that Lindsey resented the pregnancy at first, but then melted when the baby arrived.

Michele
Good for him. I think having kids was probably the best thing that happened to him. Love him, but he was a selfish mother...it's all in the lyrics man.