Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-11-2004, 05:35 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePenguin
>>Lis, I'm betting she'd be flattered. <<

Yeesh I hope so. Just the fact that she might read it boggles my mind... but to have her comment on it would truly be surreal!

-Lis
Lisa, she'll love it. I really hope she reads it - she'll be really chuffed that someone has taken the time to write such an excellent piece.

Also, I really think she'll appreciate your humour - like you said, I think you've picked up some of her traits while writing about her! She'll be flattered, I'm sure.

Now do you want one of us to nominate you to write her biography?!

Love Gem

Old 08-11-2004, 05:44 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFR
I don't think you are a wuss. I think what it possibly is...you are a little star struck, think so? I know I am.

Last year I got to meet Debbie Harry from Blondie face-to-face. Been a fan since the '70's and talk about star struck! I could barely move my legs they were shaking so bad.

Anyways HM, kick back, think of a question and submit it, you'll be fine. It will be easier than the day Debbie was looking me in the eye and I had to ask HER something.
Cool! I got to meet Debbie a couple of years ago too and she was incredible. I was so star struck, I didn't really know what to say and asked some ridiculous questions (Debbie, don't you think Clem is lovely?!). But she did tell me that she liked my trousers - can you imagine Debbie Harry complimenting me on fashion?!! I still have the trousers, but if it hadn't been for that, they would have been at the charity shop a long time ago. The trousers are actually hideous!!!

Anyway, Debbie was excellent and so friendly to her fans. She signed my poster, but I'm too scared to put it up in case it fades or something.

I didn't feel nervous about sending questions in to Chris though. I think (hope!) she'll just laugh at them. But I'm sure she'll be chuffed that so many people are still supporting her.

Love Gem

Old 08-11-2004, 08:43 PM
Administrator
Supporting Ledgie

>>Lisa, she'll love it. I really hope she reads it - she'll be really chuffed that someone has taken the time to write such an excellent piece. >>

I'd really be chuffed if she likes it. I'd be positively gobsmacked as well, and after all that I'd have a good lie-in, as I'd be completely knackered from all the excitement!

Love those British phrases! No but seriously, I hope she'd be flattered, and not offended by anything, or think that i should've minded my own business....

>>Now do you want one of us to nominate you to write her biography?! >>

I'm telling you, almost everything I know is in that essay. I'm not sure I could really add much more to a biography.....much as I would love to!

I'm hoping a really in-depth bio appears on her site one day. That would be neat to read *new* information. But then again it just might be the basic stuff we all already know. I am so stoked about this upcoming Q&A just because I love new info!

-Lis
Old 08-12-2004, 06:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

I'd really be chuffed if she likes it. I'd be positively gobsmacked as well, and after all that I'd have a good lie-in, as I'd be completely knackered from all the excitement!

-Lis

I love them too, although I usually need to have them translated for me. Lis, what is a lie-in?
Old 08-12-2004, 06:59 AM
Administrator
Supporting Ledgie

A lie-in is when you sleep late.

-Lis
Old 08-12-2004, 01:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I am so stoked about this upcoming Q&A just because I love new info!
As long as it doesn't resemble the Billy Burnette one or the Stevie Nicks "Ask Stevie":

Dear Stevie,
Your music is very honest and covers the good and the bad in life, but it is always a positive experience....very uplifting. I'm curious about what you personally think of the increasing number of bands who seem only to communicate violence or destructive attitudes in their songs.

Stevie's answer:

They scare me!
Old 08-12-2004, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by David
As long as it doesn't resemble the Billy Burnette one or the Stevie Nicks "Ask Stevie":

Dear Stevie,
Your music is very honest and covers the good and the bad in life, but it is always a positive experience....very uplifting. I'm curious about what you personally think of the increasing number of bands who seem only to communicate violence or destructive attitudes in their songs.

Stevie's answer:

They scare me!

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-12-2004, 04:48 PM
Administrator
Supporting Ledgie

>>As long as it doesn't resemble the Billy Burnette one or the Stevie Nicks "Ask Stevie":>>

Nah, I think we'll get good answers from Chris. Remember the '95 Q&A she did on-line? That was great. Not just 'one word' trite responses.

-Lis
Old 08-12-2004, 06:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
>>As long as it doesn't resemble the Billy Burnette one or the Stevie Nicks "Ask Stevie":>>

Nah, I think we'll get good answers from Chris. Remember the '95 Q&A she did on-line? That was great. Not just 'one word' trite responses.

-Lis
Lis beat me to it. That 1995 online chat was great! There were some good questions & some great answers from Chris. And, she's given some entertaining interviews this summer, too. I'm sure it'll be alot better than Billy & she can certainly do better than "They scare me". I didn't know that Stevie had ever even done a Q & A on her website. I'm not sure she can top Bob Welch, but I think she'll do fine.

Last edited by macfan 57; 08-12-2004 at 06:59 PM..