Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Christine McVie
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-14-2004, 04:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Question Single White Female?

The Word interview with Christine describes her as a single white female but I've been looking at the video clips on her website and I think she's wearing a wedding ring. I also thought she was wearing one on the photo of her accepting the award for Rumours last Sept.

My question - is she still a single white female?

Gail
Old 06-14-2004, 05:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Well, she reportedly divorced Eddy Quintela a few years back, and I haven't heard that she's remarried. So if it is in fact a wedding ring on her finger, maybe she just kept her old one on? Sort of like how she kept the surname McVie after divorcing John...

From the UK "Express," May 12, 2003:
"Singer-songwriter and keyboard player Christine, 59, quit Fleetwood Mac and her former glittering Los Angeles existence, as we revealed exclusively three years ago, for a new life of quiet anonymity back in the UK in a beautiful home on the edge of a village on the Kent/Sussex border, following a divorce from her second husband Eddie Quintela."

Last edited by blinker12; 06-14-2004 at 06:19 AM..
Old 06-14-2004, 06:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I noticed that on those video clips, too. It looks like a wedding band. I think in that Capital Gold picture, it looks more like an engagement ring. It's definitely not a wedding band. In that photo with Ken Caillat, she's not wearing any ring at all on her ring finger. So, who knows?
Old 06-14-2004, 06:54 AM
Administrator
Supporting Ledgie

I'm thinking she's still single. The topic probably came up during that Word interview esp w/ all the talk of Dennis etc...and i don't think they would have written 'single white female' unless they knew for sure she *was* single.

Back in 1982, before she even knew Eddy, she sometimes wore a ring on her ring finger, and Stevie often does also.

There's another ring that she often wore, a wide silver/gold band- hopefully this link will work and you can see it in that photo of her w/ her award, whatever event that was. Maybe she just moved it to her ring finger. She's got it on in The Dance also and a bunch of other things.

http://editorial.gettyimages.com/source/cfw/FrameSet.aspx?s=ImagesSearchState|0|15|0|1|||0|0|0|0|7|fleetwood+mac|0|0&p=7&pk=4

Could be it. She's on page 10 BTW.
Also i don't think it's her ring from Eddy; as in the photo above you can see that was a thinner one. Wouldn't imagine she'd wanna wear that anymore anyway. :-)

-Lis