The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Lindsey Buckingham
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-26-2012, 10:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Exclamation Live Solo Acoustic Album Out November 13!

Lindsey Buckingham has been traveling throughout the U.S. this year playing intimate, unplugged concerts in support of his 2011 solo album, Seeds We Sow. Now, the Fleetwood Mac singer/guitarist is set to release one of these performances as a digital download. Lindsey Buckingham: One Man Show, will be available via iTunes on November 13, and will be the veteran artist's first recording documenting one of his solo acoustic gigs. The album was recorded at a September 1 show that was held at Hoyt Sherman Place in Des Moines, Iowa.

"This performance is from a single night in Des Moines…taken right off the console mix, with a couple of room mikes added in," Buckingham says about the album. "It's live and raw, with no post-production. I love it! It captures not only the spirit of the performance, but also the spirit of where I now live as an artist."

The 13-song recording captures Buckingham playing various selections from solo catalog, including "Go Insane" and Trouble," as well as Fleetwood Mac classics like "Go Your Own Way" and "Never Going Back Again."

Buckingham will hit the road for a new series of U.S. solo acoustic shows starting November 3 in Oklahoma City. Visit LindseyBuckingham.com to check out all of his upcoming tour dates.

Copyright 2012 ABC News Radio

Read On ABC News Radio: http://abcnewsradioonline.com/music-...#ixzz2APxjoBDF
Old 10-26-2012, 10:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Since I was at the Des Moines show, I am very excited about this! Hopefully Down on Rodeo is included! My only gripe is it's on itunes. Wish it was on amazon as well!
Old 10-26-2012, 10:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by redtulip View Post
"This performance is from a single night in Des Moines…taken right off the console mix, with a couple of room mikes added in," Buckingham says about the album. "It's live and raw, with no post-production. I love it! It captures not only the spirit of the performance, but also the spirit of where I now live as an artist."
Yes, this is very exciting but Oh Lindsey... "the spirit of where I now live as an artist" Really?? Surely just "who I am as..." or something similar would have been fine? Just as well we've grown accustomed to his "unique" turn of phrase by now and this just raises a wry smile and small shake of the head... Gotta love it!

Quote:
Since I was at the Des Moines show, I am very excited about this! Hopefully Down on Rodeo is included! My only gripe is it's on itunes. Wish it was on amazon as well!
I agree! It may well come out at some point. I'm a sucker for proper artwork etc. Exciting to have the live album out though.
Old 10-26-2012, 10:49 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Awesome news!!

I hope "Stephanie" is on it!!
Old 10-26-2012, 10:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
if it's only 13 songs, then it's not
http://nickslive.blogspot.com/2012/1...and+Reviews%29

( why not Lindsey???????)

same thought re amazon. he should release it there too, with bonus track Rodeo

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 10-26-2012, 11:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie

They have the track listing on Nicklive now, no Rodeo :

Album Track Listing

1. Cast Away Dreams
2. Bleed To Love Her
3. Not Too Late
4. Stephanie
5. Come
6. Shut Us Down
7. Go Insane
8. Never Going Back Again
9. Big Love
10. So Afraid
11. Go Your Own Way
12. Trouble
13. Seeds We Sow

RAB and Rodeo should both be bonus tracks!
Old 10-26-2012, 11:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Album Track Listing

1. Cast Away Dreams
2. Bleed To Love Her
3. Not Too Late
4. Stephanie
5. Come
6. Shut Us Down
7. Go Insane
9. Big Love
10. So Afraid
11. Go Your Own Way
12. Trouble
13. Seeds We Sow

YES!!!
Old 10-26-2012, 11:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs up

of course, after putting in my complaints first, i also want to say:

yay Lindsey!!!!!

and go Lindsey go!!

(i still think Rodeo needs to be a bonus dl on amazon)

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 10-26-2012, 12:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreaming View Post
YES!!!
Can I join in?! Sooo exciting! I love the spirit where he now lives as an artist a lot
Old 10-26-2012, 11:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Album Track Listing

1. Cast Away Dreams
2. Bleed To Love Her
3. Not Too Late
4. Stephanie
5. Come
6. Shut Us Down
7. Go Insane
9. Big Love
10. So Afraid
11. Go Your Own Way
12. Trouble
13. Seeds We Sow

Nothing official came from the article regarding the set list. As professional (and AWESOME) Nickslive is, it ISN'T technically official...
Old 10-26-2012, 11:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

http://www.rocksquare.com/community/musicnews/1386

Fleetwood Mac's Lindsey Buckingham To Release Solo Acoustic Live Album
11 hour(s) ago | Music News | By Rock Square

Lindsey Buckingham’s critically acclaimed cross-country solo tour doesn’t wind down until late November, but the Fleetwood Mac frontman is already releasing a live album recorded during his 2012 jaunt. Lindsey Buckingham: One Man Show will be available digitally on iTunes come November 13.

The “raw and unmixed” thirteen-song set was recorded live and in one take on September 1, 2012 at Hoyt Sherman Place in Des Moines, Iowa.

According to Buckingham, the recording was “taken right off the console mix, with a couple of room mikes added in. It’s live and raw with no post-production. I love it! It captures not only the spirit of the performance, but also the spirit of where I now live as an artist.”

Elaborating on that “spirit”, Buckingham said: “My center has always been voice and guitar, and as I've evolved, I've looked to broaden the range and vocabulary of that center. So when I decided to tour in 2012, it suddenly felt as though I'd been working towards something, that I'd arrived at a new place. I sensed it was time to do something I'd never done: a one man show.”

YouTube evidence suggests that Buckingham’s Des Moines performance was a hushed and reverent affair more than deserving of an official document. Check out the video below. Stirring stuff, right?

Tracklist:

1. Cast Away Dreams

2. Bleed To Love Her

3. Not Too Late

4. Stephanie

5. Come

6. Shut Us Down

7. Go Insane

9. Big Love

10. So Afraid

11. Go Your Own Way

12. Trouble

13. Seeds We Sow

Tour dates:

11/3: Oklahoma City, OK - Academy of Contemporary Music

11/4: Overland Park, KS - Yardley Hall

11/5: Little Rock, AR - Juanita’s

11/7: Chattanooga, TN - Track 29

11/8: Nashville, TN - War Memorial Auditorium

11/9: St. Louis, MO - Pageant

11/11: Asheville, NC - The Orange Peel

11/12: Knoxville, TN - Bijou Theatre

11/13: Louisville, KY - Headliners

11/14: Lexington, KY - Opera House

11/16: Saugatuck, MI - Saugatuck Center for the Arts

11/17: Milwaukee, WI - South Milwaukee Performing Arts Center

11/18: Madison, WI - Barrymore Theatre

11/19: Eau Claire, WI - State Theatre

11/20: Minneapolis, MN - Dakota

Old 11-25-2012, 07:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Album Track Listing

1. Cast Away Dreams
2. Bleed To Love Her
3. Not Too Late
4. Stephanie
5. Come
6. Shut Us Down
7. Go Insane
9. Big Love
10. So Afraid
11. Go Your Own Way
12. Trouble
13. Seeds We Sow
From LB's perspective, I wonder if he believes this represents the "Essential" tracks that best represent and reflect his career. I have seen "Essential" collections of other artists and thought it was just another way for record executives to sell another "best of" package. But this collection of songs appears to be hand selected by LB, without the influence of anyone else (I think LB listened to others, especially Neale, when developing the setlist in the past). I also think these are the songs that best represent his live performances - different from the studio versions. I wonder what songs LB would pick for a "Best of Studio Tracks"?
Old 11-25-2012, 12:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbfan View Post
From LB's perspective, I wonder if he believes this represents the "Essential" tracks that best represent and reflect his career. I have seen "Essential" collections of other artists and thought it was just another way for record executives to sell another "best of" package. But this collection of songs appears to be hand selected by LB, without the influence of anyone else (I think LB listened to others, especially Neale, when developing the setlist in the past). I also think these are the songs that best represent his live performances - different from the studio versions. I wonder what songs LB would pick for a "Best of Studio Tracks"?
that's interesting, and you might be onto something, but i think only partially.

when asked why not some additional songs, LB said on several occasions that this was the first time ever he was doing this sort of tour, and wanted to make sure it "works". that people are not bored, that the show has an arc, and that he keeps everybody's interest from the start to finish.

he said he knew that he can get on the stage alone and do a number of acoustic songs (and all 6 he did on SWS tour were included again)... but i guess he thought you need some rockier/electric songs if you don't want to lull people to sleep? (and if you want to be essential LB! there are number of other performers who do purely acoustic / mellower sets, but i don't think LB can stay mellow for too long ) and he was probably unsure about how backing track thing will work on stage with him alone...

imo, which seems to be also the opinion of both critics and audiences who saw this tour (and/or bought One-Man Show recording), results were spectacular.

if he does this again (and i really hope he does!! )i suspect he might re-work more of his electric songs, possibly including backing tracks, next time around, as well as re-work more songs acoustically.

so while this setlist was a nice representation of the songs throughout his career, and it worked great, i'm not sure that it was meant to be essential LB.

plus, he should have had Rock Away Blind and Down On Rodeo included as a regular part of the setlist, if you ask me.

Old 11-25-2012, 08:22 PM
Senior Ledgie

Hello to everybody, Im a 18 years old Italian boy, pretty new to this great forum which is about a great band. Well after this introduction, I want to ask you a thing. Its possible for me to download this album and where ?

Lindsey is my favourite member of The Mac (but this is a preference of mine, everyone of this band is special)

PS: Another little question

Have Lindsey ever played Slow Dancing and Holyday Road live ?
Old 11-29-2012, 03:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Blinded by Sound
CD Review: Lindsey Buckingham - 'One Man Show'
Posted on Thursday, November 29, 2012, by Kit O'Toole

http://blindedbysound.com/post/viewp...-one-man-show-

"I'm not a young man, but I'm a child in my soul," Lindsey Buckingham sings in "Not Too Late." Indeed, this lyric perfectly summarizes his multifaceted career, one that has experienced fascinating twists and turns. His guitar playing skills, highly personal songwriting, sometimes eccentric arrangements, and his emotional voice have added up to a sound that is uniquely Lindsey Buckingham, both with and without Fleetwood Mac. Time has found him downscaling production, letting his words and voice convey his complex themes. At the same time, his playing and singing have never sounded stronger, evoking the same rage and passion as in his younger days. His first solo acoustic live album, One Man Show, showcases his past successes and excitement for more musical experimentation in the future.

Unlike live albums that bear heavy editing, One Man Show encompasses an entire September 1, 2012 show from Des Moines, Iowa. According to Buckingham, the mix is "taken right off the console mix, with a couple of room mikes added in. It's live and raw, with no post-production." The result is a very intimate listening experience, sounding as if he is performing right in your living room. During the show, Buckingham draws from his group and solo years, re-imagining familiar hits and unearthing little-known album tracks. The entire album provides a rare peek into his creative process, his ability to lay his emotions bare in songs and even his often pounding guitar work.

Highlights include the aforementioned "Not Too Late," a wistful track off his 2003 solo album Under the Skin. His lyrics embody characteristics of insecurity about aging and his legacy: "Reading the paper, saw a review/ Said I was a visionary, but nobody knew/ Now that's been a problem/ Feeling unseen," he wails plaintively. His hit single "Trouble" benefits from a much slower tempo and stripped-down arrangement, with Buckingham pitching down his voice to make the line "I think I'm in trouble" sound more ominous. Unlike the upbeat original, here he hestiates at diving headfirst into love's troubled waters. "It's been so long since I held ya/ I've forgotten what love is for," he sings, letting his voice tremble with desperation.

One track that undergoes a radical transformation is "Big Love," the 1987 Fleetwood Mac hit from Tango in the Night. The original suffered from over-bloated production; to rectify this wrong, Buckingham turns it into a virtual exorcism. His throbbing guitar lines propel the song (often sounding as if two or more guitarists are plucking along), his voice soars and dips, growling and screaming, adding new meaning to the lines "I wake up alone/ With it all/ I wake up/ But only to fall." Anyone who doubts Buckingham's talent as a guitarist need only listen to the track to be convinced.

To satisfy the crowd, Buckingham includes the iconic Fleetwood Mac song "Go Your Own Way"; though he has undoubtedly performed this track several times, he still conjures up images of love gone sour by snarling words like "shacking up's all you want to do." At the same time, he demonstrates his ability to write tender, delicate songs as well, such as the underrated Rumours song "Never Going Back Again" or the lovely instrumental "Stephanie."

In sum, One Man Show serves as a master class in songwriting, musicianship, and singing. Buckingham has always been in a class of his own, forging his own unique creative path. This thoroughly enjoyable concert celebrates these qualities, and also demonstrates that he still has much music left in him.