The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read


Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 10-14-2017, 08:47 PM
Wdm6789 Wdm6789 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 892
Default Anyone believe in ghosts or after death communication?

I’m going to try to make this story as succinct as possible. My grandfather and grandmother and my grandfather’s sister, who he was really close with all died within in the same year and a half period. My grandfather was the last to die and he was living with my family when he died and he died in our house. After he died, my mother and I started finding pennies in random places around the house and all the pennies were from 1935, 1939, and 1933, the years they were all born. We found over 20 pennies, all from those years. This is my only “paranormal” experience. I really have no explanation for these pennies.

Last edited by Wdm6789 : 10-15-2017 at 01:42 AM.
Reply With Quote
.
  #2  
Old 10-16-2017, 01:29 PM
Macfan4life's Avatar
Macfan4life Macfan4life is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Somewhere out in the back of your mind
Posts: 1,936
Default

I can 100% guarantee you there is a spiritual world. Finding coins is an extremely popular way spirits get your attention. I am the worlds BIGGEST skeptic. Its who I am and the job I have requires me to be a skeptic. 20 years ago I kept seeing these mediums on TV do readings where people would freak out and cry. I was suspect and said they ONLY way I would believe any of this if it happened to me. I used to watch the show America's Psychic Challenge and became really interested in some of the mediums. After the show ended I wanted to contact the medium for a reading. But he was popular and was not taking any bookings. I waited a few years and got an opening. I think it was $400 for an hour. This is when I became a believer. The spirits go through this thing called "validation." They love to send you a message of what is going on in your life now so you know they are with you. In addition, they pick out very rare events that no one knows about to surprise you. The medium asked NO questions of me. I think he knew my name. He told me to say yes or no. He would say things that were so crazy and close to home. He asked who "Frank" was. I said that was my dad. He then asked me if there was a place called Lucky Strikes. I said its not a place but its the cigarette brand my dad smoked. Total validation to let me know it was him. I just moved to a new house and was asked " Did you just move or about to move? YES. Well he is happy with your new place. I could go on forever but when you speak with a real medium its really amazing. The bad part is so many are fakes that you have to find real ones.
I suggest contacting a real medium to get the messages they are probably waiting to tell you. Of course the coins are messages.
__________________

Still I believe.....LOVE will show us how
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 10-17-2017, 01:21 PM
Macfan4life's Avatar
Macfan4life Macfan4life is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Somewhere out in the back of your mind
Posts: 1,936
Thumbs down Message to moderators

I wish a member was banned, sanctioned, or suspended for violating the rules of the board instead of deleting entire threads that are in compliance with all the rules. In the chit chat section another member posted an innocent thread about life after death connections. I responded to the thread with my own actual experience. It was very personal to share but important to let the OP of the thread know they were ok with what they were experiencing. The thread was not bothering anyone and was in the chit chat section. Then comes a member who responded to me with religious and bible statements basically condemning me to hell based on "his version of religion." with endless quotes about religion. This is the same member why religious and political threads were banned. Instead of deleting this person's idiotic post, the entire thread was deleted just because one member did not follow the rules. That is so wrong to delete a full thread because of one member who keeps violating the rules and pushing his demented ideology on other members. I feel bad for the OP because the OP was asking for suggestions and inspiration and the entire thread gets deleted because of this one renegade member who is treated different than everyone else.
I am sorry but I think its time for me to leave this board. One member keeps the moderators with making rules but then the moderators keep sanctioning other members because of him. That makes no sense.
__________________

Still I believe.....LOVE will show us how
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 10-17-2017, 03:41 PM
FuzzyPlum FuzzyPlum is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 2,212
Default

Macfan4life,
Dude, you know you don't really want to leave The Ledge. Don't even contemplate it. However I feel your frustration and and can't for the life of me fathom why on Earth a perfectly reasonable thread would be deleted in its entirety. As you say its just ridiculous.

I was going to post a comment on this subject myself but felt the need to use restraint and not say anything. Personally I think all mediums are con men. Even when you think there's absolutely no way they could have faked it...they probably have. They are like really, really good magicians; when you find out their method it seems so simple and makes you feel a bit stupid for not seeing through it first time.

With regards to the original thread starter; sorry, I cant remember your particular circumstances. However, there's probably a perfectly logical and rational explanation for something that initially appeared really strange. I'm sorry that's not what you want to hear. Mediums are scumbags and play on peoples' loss to earn their living...and they are good at it.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 10-17-2017, 04:42 PM
Macfan4life's Avatar
Macfan4life Macfan4life is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Somewhere out in the back of your mind
Posts: 1,936
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
Macfan4life,
Dude, you know you don't really want to leave The Ledge. Don't even contemplate it. However I feel your frustration and and can't for the life of me fathom why on Earth a perfectly reasonable thread would be deleted in its entirety. As you say its just ridiculous.

I was going to post a comment on this subject myself but felt the need to use restraint and not say anything. Personally I think all mediums are con men. Even when you think there's absolutely no way they could have faked it...they probably have. They are like really, really good magicians; when you find out their method it seems so simple and makes you feel a bit stupid for not seeing through it first time.

With regards to the original thread starter; sorry, I cant remember your particular circumstances. However, there's probably a perfectly logical and rational explanation for something that initially appeared really strange. I'm sorry that's not what you want to hear. Mediums are scumbags and play on peoples' loss to earn their living...and they are good at it.
That is fine and you are entitled to your opinion to express it. I would have agreed with you until 4 years ago. Most are fake but when you find a real one, you will be convinced. I cant judge you for an experience that happened in your life and you cant judge me for an experience that happened in my life either. I was a huge skeptic but there is no doubt in my mind there is a spiritual life and some do have a 6th sense to see them and communicate with them. I have all the proof I need for sure. But my point is not to convince anyone. I was responding to a thread that I did not start and offered an explanation. BTW, how could you call Christine's mother a scum bag though I don't think its a coincidence that Stevie and Lindsey lived on Orange Grove. You can rationalize it anyway that you want.
Now back to topic. I think its childish that you cant discuss politics or religion in a chit chat part of a message board. Of course a few bad apples ruined the bunch. You ban those apples and allow mature people to debate and discuss freely.
What irks me is the insane policy was created strictly for this member and another one. One left on their own but the other still interrupts free discussion to condemn people to hell and use a very twisted version of "religion" to justify their beliefs. If its his thread that's fine. When you disrupt someone else's thread be ready for my response (which I did). Its just childish to delete and entire thread because of someone else's disruption when they invoked religion which is supposedly banned from topic and the thread had nothing to do with religion. Go figure. Obviously this guy gets special treatment because he contributed to the Ledge. As silly as the rules are, lets ALL play by them. Its like suspending an entire class because one child did something wrong
__________________

Still I believe.....LOVE will show us how

Last edited by Macfan4life : 10-17-2017 at 05:17 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 10-18-2017, 12:32 AM
FuzzyPlum FuzzyPlum is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 2,212
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
BTW, how could you call Christine's mother a scum bag though I don't think its a coincidence that Stevie and Lindsey lived on Orange Grove. You can rationalize it anyway that you want.
No, I'm not calling her a scumbag. I've never met her. I'm sure there is a rational explanation though. Probably something was lost in translation/embellished somewhere along the lines. I'm not sure I totally believe anything any of the FM members say.
Do I believe she can communicate with dead people in order to predict things that will occur in the distant future? No

Edit: However, if having belief in some sort of supernatural/spirituality is of comfort to some people, then fair enough. Each to their own.
__________________

Last edited by FuzzyPlum : 10-18-2017 at 12:34 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 10-18-2017, 03:50 AM
Macfan4life's Avatar
Macfan4life Macfan4life is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Somewhere out in the back of your mind
Posts: 1,936
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
No, I'm not calling her a scumbag. I've never met her. I'm sure there is a rational explanation though. Probably something was lost in translation/embellished somewhere along the lines. I'm not sure I totally believe anything any of the FM members say.
Do I believe she can communicate with dead people in order to predict things that will occur in the distant future? No

Edit: However, if having belief in some sort of supernatural/spirituality is of comfort to some people, then fair enough. Each to their own.
I don't see Christine making up such a story. She has been very open about her mother and how she missed having a traditional mom. In 1990 on Rockline this was discussed and how her mother told her someday she would find something life changing in an Orange Grove. There was speculation the cover of the Greatest Hits package was an Orange Blossom. The host asked if she ever found something in an orange grove and Chris stated "Stevie and Lindsey." Everyone laughed but Stevie was even more revealing explaining that is where her and Lindsey used to live. Its a very detailed and specific thing to say to someone especially in England. I don't think there are any Orange Groves over there. My point is simple, me nor anyone is trying to convince anyone of anything. But when someone gets some sort of a message and asks a question, its ok for someone to reveal deeply personal stuff to help them understand. It should not be mocked in any way even if someone does not believe. As I mentioned before, I was the same way until I was proven to be wrong. It needed to happen to me before I would believe. I was a skeptic the entire time until it was over.
So we will end it there
__________________

Still I believe.....LOVE will show us how
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 10-18-2017, 11:23 AM
FuzzyPlum FuzzyPlum is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 2,212
Default

Certainly not mocking anyone. A thread was started on a topic and responses were solicited. Just throwing in my opinion which is an urge for caution and the need to think rationally. People can't see logical explanations but they are almost certainly there somewhere.
We will end it there
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 10-18-2017, 02:34 PM
ThePenguin's Avatar
ThePenguin ThePenguin is offline
Administrator
Supporting Ledgie
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: Los Angeles, California
Posts: 2,235
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
I wish a member was banned, sanctioned, or suspended for violating the rules of the board instead of deleting entire threads that are in compliance with all the rules.
We will reinstate the posts that were in compliance with the rules. However, your name calling was NOT in compliance. If you have a complaint to make, PM a moderator, rather than making personal attacks.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 10-18-2017, 03:34 PM
SisterNightroad's Avatar
SisterNightroad SisterNightroad is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Italy
Posts: 4,802
Default

Macfan4life, since you seem to not have noticed, I just want to add that political and religious discussions have been restored long ago, and a specific thread has been devoted to them.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 10-18-2017, 07:37 PM
Macfan4life's Avatar
Macfan4life Macfan4life is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Somewhere out in the back of your mind
Posts: 1,936
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePenguin View Post
We will reinstate the posts that were in compliance with the rules. However, your name calling was NOT in compliance. If you have a complaint to make, PM a moderator, rather than making personal attacks.
Very true
I agree
But is hard to contain yourself at 5 am with such ridiculous attacks on me. But in any event, I appreciate the thread being restored. The most important thing was not me, it was the OP who was reaching out for input. It all got lost because of one trouble maker who seems to get away with things other members don't.
But thanks again for restoring what is not my thread. Its for someone else.
__________________

Still I believe.....LOVE will show us how
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

Star Trek TNG Mick Fleetwood autograph card Rare WoW Mac John McVie Stevie Nicks
$89.99
Star Trek TNG Mick Fleetwood autograph card Rare WoW Mac John McVie Stevie Nicks picturec1977 RUMOURS ERA FLEETWOOD MAC PROOF SHEET JOHN MCVIE & CURRY GRANT MID FINGER
$49.99
c1977 RUMOURS ERA FLEETWOOD MAC PROOF SHEET JOHN MCVIE & CURRY GRANT MID FINGER pictureDENNIS WILSON candid PHOTO rare pic taken by Geo Emmel JOHN McVIE Fleetwood Mac
$44.0
DENNIS WILSON candid PHOTO rare pic taken by Geo Emmel JOHN McVIE Fleetwood Mac picture1978 Vintage Photo bass guitarist John McVie of Fleetwood Mac rock band posing
$24.0
1978 Vintage Photo bass guitarist John McVie of Fleetwood Mac rock band posing pictureWire Photo Famed British Bassist John McVie of Fleetwood Mac
$20.0
Wire Photo Famed British Bassist John McVie of Fleetwood Mac picture



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:47 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 1995-2003 Martin and Lisa Adelson, All Rights Reserved