User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-12-2018, 05:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhiannondontgo View Post
They retained Dan Petrocelli, the same lawyer who represented the Eagles against Don Felder’s suit. I sort of figured that would be the case. This will be interesting to watch to say the least. Doesn’t look like FM is going down without a fight. By the looks of their statement, they have their own side of the story and are eager to tell it.
Bring it on!! I can't wait to hear the other side.
Old 10-12-2018, 05:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitzo View Post
Same. I’m sure there’s much more to this than we’ve been told. Otherwise they probably wouldn’t be so brazen and would be more likely to just try to settle.
Old 10-12-2018, 05:54 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Even represents Trump and Weinstein.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daniel_M._Petrocelli
So FM will fit right it.
Old 10-12-2018, 05:57 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitzo View Post
Didn't FM already share their side of the story back in April? Do they need to change it now? That would be kind of fishy.
Old 10-12-2018, 05:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storms123 View Post
It wasn’t sent to the media first. That may be how the band first heard of it, but it’s a matter of public record once it’s filed. Anyone can access it for a fee, hence RS, US weekly and radar on line. I think it’s pretty apparent, all relevant parties are none too shocked he filed. Totally agree with you it won’t go to court. I am sure there is a lot more dirty laundry that needs to be protected
Sirius XM show Feedback reported that US Weekly were the first to receive the legal documents. Classless move by Lindsey's lawyers if you ask me.
Old 10-12-2018, 06:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
yes, it's public, but you'd have to know to go look for it. the accusation is that lindsey's people would have alerted certain people in the media that it was filed or being filed so they would know to go pull it up.
Part of me still thinks this might've been filed quite a while ago and has already been handled. Lindsey's camp might've given the ok to release it as a way of getting a very official form of his side of the story out.

EDIT:
Nvm I just saw the band response. Major ew at them getting Weinstein's lawyer.

Last edited by dreamsunwind; 10-12-2018 at 06:09 PM..
Old 10-12-2018, 06:07 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugar Mouse View Post
Sirius XM show Feedback reported that US Weekly were the first to receive the legal documents. Classless move by Lindsey's lawyers if you ask me.
As classless as the band never responding to Lindsey's calls and emails, and having Irving Azoff do their dirty work? Sounds like they basically expected/invited Lindsey to bring suit.

Last edited by saniette; 10-12-2018 at 06:09 PM..
Old 10-12-2018, 06:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

This whole thing is so darn sad. Lindsey is right. This has hurt their legacy.

I think we have gotten the whole story now from Lindsey's side. And to go forth and sue, knowing that they will sling mud back, tells me he feels justified and is not afraid of what they will say.

I think if it is settled out of court, that will tell me Lindsey is probably telling the "most" truth. These people are too old to act like this. Everything moved very quickly. They wanted him out way before Musicares. They already had Mike lined up. I'm very disappointed in this band that I have spent most of my life following. That Mick wanted to keep going on the tour after John found out he had cancer is awful. That Stevie's management wouldn't even tell her Lindsey's ideas is awful. That Chris would not stick up for Lindsey and that John, who stuck up for him, and is his neighbor would tell him he's not allowed to talk to him? Lord! I say again, I'm glad I didn't buy any tickets for this show.

I have changed, but you remain ageless
Old 10-12-2018, 06:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
They retained Dan Petrocelli, the same lawyer who represented the Eagles against Don Felder’s suit. I sort of figured that would be the case. This will be interesting to watch to say the least. Doesn’t look like FM is going down without a fight. By the looks of their statement, they have their own side of the story and are eager to tell it.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 10-12-2018, 06:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by saniette View Post
Didn't FM already share their side of the story back in April? Do they need to change it now? That would be kind of fishy.
Why did LB claim LB/CM wasn’t supposed to be an FM record when it was? To avoid airing the band’s dirty laundry in public of course. It’s entirely possible that FM was doing the same in their interview and didn’t necessarily want to get into the dirty details about their band’s ugly drama. The lawsuit & LB’s recent interview may have changed their minds. If there is some backstory we don’t know yet, it sounds like the band is ready to tell it.
Old 10-12-2018, 06:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by saniette View Post
As classless as the band never responding to Lindsey's calls and emails, and having Irving Azoff do their dirty work? Sounds like they basically expected/invited Lindsey to bring suit.
Legal most likely instructed them to not communicate with him, knowing there would be a lawsuit.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 10-12-2018, 06:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepless child View Post
This whole thing is so darn sad. Lindsey is right. This has hurt their legacy.

I think we have gotten the whole story now from Lindsey's side. And to go forth and sue, knowing that they will sling mud back, tells me he feels justified and is not afraid of what they will say.

I think if it is settled out of court, that will tell me Lindsey is probably telling the "most" truth. These people are too old to act like this. Everything moved very quickly. They wanted him out way before Musicares. They already had Mike lined up. I'm very disappointed in this band that I have spent most of my life following. That Mick wanted to keep going on the tour after John found out he had cancer is awful. That Stevie's management wouldn't even tell her Lindsey's ideas is awful. That Chris would not stick up for Lindsey and that John, who stuck up for him, and is his neighbor would tell him he's not allowed to talk to him? Lord! I say again, I'm glad I didn't buy any tickets for this show.
This probably will settle regardless of who is telling more of the truth. Cases like this, especially when it's high profile figures, VERY rarely go to court because they're just a bunch of messy he said/she said. They'll most likely just come to some settlement and sign an NDA and that will be the end of it.
Old 10-12-2018, 06:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsunwind View Post
This probably will settle regardless of who is telling more of the truth. Cases like this, especially when it's high profile figures, VERY rarely go to court because they're just a bunch of messy he said/she said. They'll most likely just come to some settlement and sign an NDA and that will be the end of it.
Just like with Bob Welch.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 10-12-2018, 06:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugar Mouse View Post
I’m not on Lindsey’s side by any means. (In all honesty, I don’t think he deserves a penny from this tour that he is not on and had no written contract for). However, I don’t think this specific point is about class. He just wants some sort of attention and nobody in the band will acknowledge him or hear him out. He knew that they still wouldn’t respond to him even after he filed the suit, so to get his message across to them and the public, he probably felt his only option was sending his suit to the press. I get why he made that decision.
Old 10-12-2018, 06:19 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Why did LB claim LB/CM wasn’t supposed to be an FM record when it was? To avoid airing the band’s dirty laundry in public of course. It’s entirely possible that FM was doing the same in their interview and didn’t necessarily want to get into the dirty details about their band’s ugly drama. The lawsuit & LB’s recent interview may have changed their minds. If there is some backstory we don’t know yet, it sounds like the band is ready to tell it.
These are 2 totally different things. There must have been a band decision to not call LB/CM a Fleetwood Mac album, and Lindsey was clearly uncomfortable doing so (putting the publicist on the phone during one interview IIRC).

The corollary would be if Lindsey said we didn't release the album as FM because Stevie said No. The lie was actually protecting Stevie and the band.

In FM's interviews after the firing, they weren't protecting Lindsey - they blamed it all on him being unreasonable essentially. Which seems not to be the case now.

Many people here said the band's story didn't add up, but a lot of others accepted it as gospel. The band should have shared all the details then, as now of course any they do share will just seem self-serving.