Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Lindsey Buckingham
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-29-2013, 12:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Serious (but somewhat amusing) Question

So I was listening to Murrow the other day. The solo near the end is pretty darn intense. That got me visualzing LB jumping up and down in the studio, making all of those faces he normally makes at the concert, from stoic to intense, to crazed, etc.

That got me thinking, what do you think LB really looks like when he's playing a solo like that in the studio. Do you think he gets that into it? I have trouble envisioning him sitting down in a chair or on the floor and pulling that off. Do you think his "Stage persona" is just his "solo persona"?
Old 01-29-2013, 02:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan4136 View Post
So I was listening to Murrow the other day. The solo near the end is pretty darn intense. That got me visualzing LB jumping up and down in the studio, making all of those faces he normally makes at the concert, from stoic to intense, to crazed, etc.

That got me thinking, what do you think LB really looks like when he's playing a solo like that in the studio. Do you think he gets that into it? I have trouble envisioning him sitting down in a chair or on the floor and pulling that off. Do you think his "Stage persona" is just his "solo persona"?
Somehow, the idea of him doing his stage thing in private really makes me want to lock him somewhere soft and padded...where he can't hurt himself;-)

No, I think he is all business in private. Probably intensely listening for all kinds of production/technical things but...not in Full Metal Buckingham Mode.
Old 01-29-2013, 03:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

He probably gets into it and make some faces and stuff. I'm sure there's SOME physicality to his performance in the studios - you've gotta let loose a little to play with any sort of emotion.

But I doubt he's going to the same lengths he does on stage to entertain.
Old 01-30-2013, 05:01 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Well, you know, it's so different between studio and stage. For me, it's different even when the solos are so...long and sound like Murrow's solo!
I don't think Lindsey "goes insane" when he's playing things like that on studio. He looks so quiet there -I suppose- but on stage, emotions, adrenaline, and the freedom to play what you want can make the difference!
I agree with WildHearted, some faces and stuff...
Regards!
Old 01-30-2013, 08:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Outside of the obviously comical vision of him "going insane" by himself in a studio is fun.

The recent tour to a degree is our best inside look of how he plays. While he was playing "live" to an audience, he also was playing to a backing track of sorts.

Fun to think about either way...

Thanks to those that replied.
Old 01-31-2013, 10:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

At Studio City laying down tracks...
Old 02-01-2013, 07:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie

This is kinda what my mind invisions is going on.

I do wonder what he looks like when he's alone in his studio laying down some solos though too.