Bass Performance Hall (2007) 3 12.00%
Songs From The Small Machine Live in LA (2011) 8 32.00%
One Man Show (2012) 6 24.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-07-2013, 10:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default favorite live album?

favorite solo album - a year later?

there was a poll for your favorite solo album of LB's that was conducted (and closed now, otherwise i'd bump it!) for like 5 days after the album came out.

someone noted that now that SWS has simmered for a while, might be the time to re-evaluate and re-poll (although it seems OOTC always wins by a wide margin).

maybe i can throw in his live albums to change it up a bit? or i guess a separate poll for live albums?

so:

Law and Order
Go Insane
OOTC
UTS
GOS
SWS

Soundstage (i know it's only a DVD but i'll count it as live album)
Bass Performance Hall
Songs from the Small Machine
One Man Show

which is it? live or studio?

this first poll will be for live albums. which is your favorite of the 4 live releases LB had?

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 01-07-2013, 10:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

No contest, hands down One Man Show. Perfection.
Old 01-07-2013, 10:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by redtulip View Post

i can't quite decide between Small Machine and One Man Show... although on another board i voted for One Man Show. depends on the day for me.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 01-07-2013, 10:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post

i can't quite decide between Small Machine and One Man Show... although on another board i voted for One Man Show. depends on the day for me.
It's the only one I've seen live so it's partially a sentimental favorite. I think if had been to a Small Machine show it would be a tougher choice. But OMS was beautiful, amazing, and brilliant. Really made me appreciate a lot of the songs much more than I ever did in their studio versions.
Old 01-07-2013, 11:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

This list makes it depressing that we never got the GOS tour documented.
Even OOTC was recorded, although it was cut down for television.

Michele
Old 01-07-2013, 11:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post

Michele
was there ever official Center Stage DVD release? i'd love to have that, but i only have a really bad bootleg recording off the tv i'm guessing. youtube videos from that tour are much better quality.

Old 01-07-2013, 11:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post

Michele
Yep That definitely needs to be brought up if he does M&Gs again when he resumes OMS in 2014.
Old 01-08-2013, 12:34 AM
Addicted Ledgie

#4 BASS HALL

CAD is great, though even better on OMS!
I LOVE - It Was You
SUD is also great, though I like it WAY better the way he plays it on OMS Tour...faster, louder, more aggressive!
IKINW is okay.

The rest of it does nothing for me. Zzzzz.

#3 SOUNDSTAGE

Kind of a mixed bag for me...

LIKE - Someone's Gotta Change Your Mind
LOVE -Trouble
LOVE - Big Love
LOVE - Go Insane

Two songs I absolutely love, but not here:
Down On Rodeo
Peacekeeper

LOVE - Red Rover
LIKE - Never Going Back Again (better on LIB)
LIKE - Say Goodbye
LOVE - Murrow Turning Over in his Grave
DON"T LIKE - Go Your Own Way
LIKE - I Am Waiting

#2 OMS It would be perfect if you could hear an audience, though I understand why there isn't since it was recorded by Lindsey and a couple of his guys. His performance is beautiful, though <3 Really, really great, and it means so much to have an official recording from this tour.
Problem for me is on a live CD I like to hear the audience the way it actually sounded, so it feels like you're there. I miss the audience on this. That's my only complaint. Also, Stephanie and SUD are way better on the Fort Worth bootleg ( and of course, you can hear the crowd loud and clear too), but we're not counting bootlegs, so...

#1 SMALL MACHINE

Like redtulip with OMS, I'm partial to this one since I was there, and it was my first time seeing Lindsey live, solo. Plus it has songs from my favorite album, SWS

I skip Trouble and NGBA because they're both waaaayyyy to slow on that tour, but everything else is sublime. High energy all the way! In particular, UTS with three acoustic guitars was so cool IOOT, TTWTLG, POI, NGBA, and GYOW all are kick ass ISA is stellar SWS is so, SO beautiful Just an amazing live album.
Old 01-08-2013, 01:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
was there ever official Center Stage DVD release? i'd love to have that, but i only have a really bad bootleg recording off the tv i'm guessing. youtube videos from that tour are much better quality.
Only Don't Look Down was officially released in one of those "best of" VH-1, VHS tapes.

The rest I only have taped from the tv too.

Michele
Old 01-08-2013, 01:31 AM
Supporting Ledgie

Soundstage for me. I think the DVD could've been more well-rounded if Buckingham had done another 2-3 songs (So Afraid for starters). I just like the ambiance of the show more than the others.
Old 01-08-2013, 07:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
redtulip said it all!

OMS is just sublime

Love the other 3 options as well though!
Old 01-08-2013, 07:37 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
It's the only one I've seen live so it's partially a sentimental favorite. I think if had been to a Small Machine show it would be a tougher choice. But OMS was beautiful, amazing, and brilliant. Really made me appreciate a lot of the songs much more than I ever did in their studio versions.
And THIS!
Old 01-08-2013, 07:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsfan View Post
Yep That definitely needs to be brought up if he does M&Gs again when he resumes OMS in 2014.
Yes! "when" he resumes OMS in 2014!!!!
Old 01-08-2013, 07:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsfan View Post
#4 BASS HALL

CAD is great, though even better on OMS!
I LOVE - It Was You
SUD is also great, though I like it WAY better the way he plays it on OMS Tour...faster, louder, more aggressive!
IKINW is okay.

The rest of it does nothing for me. Zzzzz.

#3 SOUNDSTAGE

Kind of a mixed bag for me...

LIKE - Someone's Gotta Change Your Mind
LOVE -Trouble
LOVE - Big Love
LOVE - Go Insane

Two songs I absolutely love, but not here:
Down On Rodeo
Peacekeeper

LOVE - Red Rover
LIKE - Never Going Back Again (better on LIB)
LIKE - Say Goodbye
LOVE - Murrow Turning Over in his Grave
DON"T LIKE - Go Your Own Way
LIKE - I Am Waiting

#2 OMS It would be perfect if you could hear an audience, though I understand why there isn't since it was recorded by Lindsey and a couple of his guys. His performance is beautiful, though <3 Really, really great, and it means so much to have an official recording from this tour.
Problem for me is on a live CD I like to hear the audience the way it actually sounded, so it feels like you're there. I miss the audience on this. That's my only complaint. Also, Stephanie and SUD are way better on the Fort Worth bootleg ( and of course, you can hear the crowd loud and clear too), but we're not counting bootlegs, so...

#1 SMALL MACHINE

Like redtulip with OMS, I'm partial to this one since I was there, and it was my first time seeing Lindsey live, solo. Plus it has songs from my favorite album, SWS

I skip Trouble and NGBA because they're both waaaayyyy to slow on that tour, but everything else is sublime. High energy all the way! In particular, UTS with three acoustic guitars was so cool IOOT, TTWTLG, POI, NGBA, and GYOW all are kick ass ISA is stellar SWS is so, SO beautiful Just an amazing live album.
The OMS version of ISA blows my mind! I got goosebumps all 21 times I was there!!!!
Old 01-08-2013, 12:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

wow, lots of love for Soundstage!

see, to me Soundstage is one of those recordings that could have been stellar, but is not.

the look and the setting is beautiful. also this being an album with the highest concentration of the songs from aborted GOS1, several of them unreleased at the point when Soundstage was recorded, makes me want to love it.

but that's why it is actually disappointing to me - because all those songs that i just LOVE are kinda done boringly on Soundstage - Rodeo and SYHA are completely ruined, Red Rover is good but not great, only BL, Go Insane, NGBA are great (neither of them are from GOS1). it feels like missed opportunity to me, every time i listen to it.

Murrow is the only spectacular one, much better than the SYW album version, and the whole disc is worth it just for that. (also if you are a SG live worshiper which many here apparently are )

on the other hand, if i just watch it - well. LB in one of his most beautiful phases (Soundstage plus LiB!), so for the eye candy aspect yeah. but that's not what we are weighing here, we are talking about the sound of his various live releases.

oh Peacekeeper is horrible too, he should have done that fast original version instead. and the only time i liked I Am Waiting was at 92Y.