The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Lindsey Buckingham
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-28-2012, 06:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

^Lol. That is so unnecessary... I wonder which "list" you think I make...
Old 12-28-2012, 06:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreaming View Post
your vote is on SN list - http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/poll.p...ts&pollid=1515

people who appreciate TL, contribute with their posts, and/or who pour tons of $$ in supporting LB, felt it was necessary they be mentioned.

that said, we all do appreciate vivfox' thoughtfulness, and i'm sure i forgot many huge LB supporters... i amended the list and added at least 5 names already!

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 12-28-2012, 06:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreaming View Post
Is there a shipper list?
Old 12-28-2012, 06:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Eh, most people who post on the forums support the band members and spend tons of $$$ on them. I don't find it very necessary to make lists of the biggest supporters etc.

It was sweet of Vivfox to dedicate the thread to a few people she knew who would appreciate it, for sure. Beyond that it becomes superfluous and borderlining on exclusive/cliquey.

But regardless, thanks for posting Viv! Enjoyed the pictures a lot and there were quite a few I hadn't seen.
Old 12-28-2012, 06:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildHearted View Post
It was sweet of Vivfox to dedicate the thread to a few people she knew who would appreciate it, for sure.
it's a he.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 12-28-2012, 06:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Eh, most people who post on the forums support the band members and spend tons of $$$ on them. I don't find it very necessary to make lists of the biggest supporters etc.

It was sweet of Vivfox to dedicate the thread to a few people she knew who would appreciate it, for sure. Beyond that it becomes superfluous and borderlining on exclusive/cliquey.

But regardless, thanks for posting Viv! Enjoyed the pictures a lot and there were quite a few I hadn't seen.

Who HE knew lol
Old 12-28-2012, 06:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

It was really sweet of Vivfox to think of his LB fan/friends But, I admit my first thought too, was that there were a LOT more very obsessed fans not mentioned. And, I don't believe most people spends lots of $$$. Plenty do for sure, but some have traveled half way around the world numerous times!!! Some have gone to 10,20,30,40 shows or more (solo Lindsey shows, not FM, because we're talking LB obsession)!! So, I think it's nice that Elle included others, thereby actually making it LESS cliquey
Old 12-28-2012, 06:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by McTrouble View Post
Who HE knew lol
Forgive me. I somehow tend to assume everyone on the internet is a girl unless I specifically know otherwise, for some reason. I guess because I'm a girl.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsfan View Post
I don't believe most people spends lots of $$$. Plenty do for sure, but some have traveled half way around the world numerous times!!! Some have gone to 10,20,30,40 shows or more (solo Lindsey shows, not FM, because we're talking LB obsession)!! So, I think it's nice that Elle included others, thereby actually making it LESS cliquey
I think people spend what they are able. Many people may not have the luxury or the means to travel across the world to see the band or Lindsey, or go to 20 shows per tour, or even to go to a SINGLE show, although maybe they wish they could. Which is why I personally don't feel it's right to single out people based on that. I think dedicating something to a few people for fun is different than actually making a list of the biggest fans. I personally feel the latter is unnecessary.

But that's just my opinion, and I can't expect everyone to agree.

Last edited by WildHearted; 12-28-2012 at 06:58 PM..
Old 12-28-2012, 08:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
But that's just my opinion, and I can't expect everyone to agree.
yup. most people seem to like being appreciated and mentioned.

most people also don't appreciate being labeled clique-ish if stating they are a huge fan of someone.

also, just to clarify if anyone is confused - there are at least 2 vivs here - vivfox (boy) and viv mctrouble (girl).

Old 12-28-2012, 08:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
Do they really? I don't even categorize myself, so I really don't want anyone else to do it for me. And I do find such lists clique-ish. But I guess some people like to be in exclusive groups. I never fit into them, so I suppose that's why I dislike them.

Michele
Old 12-28-2012, 08:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

most people also don't appreciate being labeled clique-ish if stating they are a huge fan of someone.

also, just to clarify if anyone is confused - there are at least 2 vivs here - vivfox (boy) and viv mctrouble (girl).
And me and vivfox love each other, but also like nothing better than to have a good bitch at each other!

Viv - WTF did you start here lol
Old 12-28-2012, 08:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Do they really? I don't even categorize myself, so I really don't want anyone else to do it for me. And I do find such lists clique-ish. But I guess some people like to be in exclusive groups. I never fit into them, so I suppose that's why I dislike them.

Michele
ha, i knew that! that's why you are not included on my list, although you were in vivfox' original one.

you do have a point, i in fact never categorized myself as belonging to any group or party, and strongly dislike such categorization. i don't feel that stating i'm a fan of someone's music puts me in some exclusive club.

since the thread listed me as one of the people who would appreciate it, i felt i or someone else listed would be the right person to state that it's not only me and a few select others, that in fact there are many other people, some that i even personally know, who would appreciate this thread.

Old 12-28-2012, 08:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thanks Vivfox, once again, for some great pics!
Old 12-28-2012, 10:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Just a thought (this IS a discussion forum after all)...

Maybe one reason so few people post here anymore is because whenever someone states an opinion they get reprimanded

TWO people found it necessary to call Elle's post unnecessary becuase, after reading Vivfox's post, she thought to include others. And yet, Elle's post was cliquish, but Vivfox's (no offense, I appreciate his original post too) was not?? Why is that, exactly?? Personally, I don't think either post was cliquish. What I don't understand is why they're being judged differently.

And, with all due respect, I don't really understand the categorizing thing. Elle tried to do a nice thing, and point out that Lindsey has LOTS of dedicated fans. We're not a category. We're just fans. It's truly amazing the things that get blown out of proportion.
Old 12-28-2012, 10:59 PM
redtulip
This message has been deleted by redtulip. Reason: nah
Old 12-28-2012, 11:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
ha, i knew that! that's why you are not included on my list, although you were in vivfox' original one.

you do have a point, i in fact never categorized myself as belonging to any group or party, and strongly dislike such categorization. i don't feel that stating i'm a fan of someone's music puts me in some exclusive club.

since the thread listed me as one of the people who would appreciate it, i felt i or someone else listed would be the right person to state that it's not only me and a few select others, that in fact there are many other people, some that i even personally know, who would appreciate this thread.

Yep, lots more! Not clique-ish, we welcome LB lovers of all shapes and sizes!