User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-10-2018, 01:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post

I think Stevie would think she is doing a good thing for her friend Mike in his time of need and won't ever see it how many fans are seeing all this. Same if she got Benmont involved. She'd see herself as a kind of savior.
I'm sure she sees herself as a saint. She's delusional, and surrounded by people who do nothing but tell her how wonderful she is.

That kind of isolation reminds me of Wacko Jacko... is it just me?
Old 05-10-2018, 04:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Many Heartbreaker fans are upset with Mike for joining the Mac. Now he is committed to a very long world tour. Any Heartbreaker tribute is not going to wait.
Old 05-10-2018, 06:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Benmont already confirmed is bullsh*t, but who knows.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 05-10-2018, 08:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie

This is not going to happen. Pure speculation
Old 05-10-2018, 08:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
Benmont already confirmed is bullsh*t, but who knows.
Let's hope so....just wrong
Old 05-10-2018, 02:54 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WatchChain View Post
At first glance this seemed odd. BUT, you know what? I could actually see it happening. In fact, I think there's a good chance. What are Mike Campbell, Benmont Tench, and Ron Blair going to do now that Tom is dead? I don't think they'll sit around the house OR become just session players for other artists.
Benmont did several shows on his own last fall after Tom's passing, and I just got an email from the Highway Companions Club yesterday that said he's scheduling solo shows later this month in LA.
Old 05-10-2018, 03:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Stan is not a Stevie fan.

Benmont joining the Mac tour.....could happen. She and he are good friends.

I think Stevie would think she is doing a good thing for her friend Mike in his time of need and won't ever see it how many fans are seeing all this. Same if she got Benmont involved. She'd see herself as a kind of savior.
Why doesn’t Stan like her?
Old 05-10-2018, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jondalar View Post
I'm not sure because it's the first time I've heard that, however I do remember that Stan didn't get along very much with Jimmy Iovine so it may have something to do with that.
Old 05-10-2018, 06:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jondalar View Post
dunno. But it's in the authorized Tom bio as well. The biographer mentions Stevie and Stan was just like "Don't get me started on Stevie Nicks" and not in a good way.

Benmont loves her. Someone in the Stevie forum posted a link to an interview with him where he talks a fair bit about her and how he started working with her on Bella Donna because Jimmy asked him to sit with her and work through her songs with her and figure out which ones he thought were good and all that (seemed like so maybe he and Jimmy could compare thoughts afterwards). He flat out says he loves her and says that how you think she is, she is.

I had heard numerous reports that when she toured with them (forget which tour-- maybe Australia???) she forbade anyone on the crew etc to look at her or talk to her. I also recall on some tour or other that Tom would not let her and the girls ride on the same plane with him and the guys (no girls in the HBs) but he did hire a separate private little jet for them. And they stayed on a different floor in the hotel.

I seem to recall early on when she was wooing Tom to work with her she started basically following them around from city to city attending shows (not necessarily on his dime for that round).

So maybe all the fan girly stuff wasn't for Stan and he felt she was distracting him from the business at hand.
Old 05-10-2018, 07:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
dunno. But it's in the authorized Tom bio as well. The biographer mentions Stevie and Stan was just like "Don't get me started on Stevie Nicks" and not in a good way.

Benmont loves her. Someone in the Stevie forum posted a link to an interview with him where he talks a fair bit about her and how he started working with her on Bella Donna because Jimmy asked him to sit with her and work through her songs with her and figure out which ones he thought were good and all that (seemed like so maybe he and Jimmy could compare thoughts afterwards). He flat out says he loves her and says that how you think she is, she is.

I had heard numerous reports that when she toured with them (forget which tour-- maybe Australia???) she forbade anyone on the crew etc to look at her or talk to her. I also recall on some tour or other that Tom would not let her and the girls ride on the same plane with him and the guys (no girls in the HBs) but he did hire a separate private little jet for them. And they stayed on a different floor in the hotel.

I seem to recall early on when she was wooing Tom to work with her she started basically following them around from city to city attending shows (not necessarily on his dime for that round).

So maybe all the fan girly stuff wasn't for Stan and he felt she was distracting him from the business at hand.
That was me, here: http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showth...47#post1226247

Stan Lynch was fired from TPATH by Tom Petty. But unlike what happened to Bob Welch, Tom invited Lynch to join them when they were inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. Here is what Tom Petty said about Stan:

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/v...lynch-20140812
Old 05-10-2018, 07:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

No crap even the Eagles brought Randy and Bernie back for the induction.
Old 05-10-2018, 11:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tango View Post
thanks for sharing that link! It was a really interesting interview.
Old 05-11-2018, 04:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

TPATH was just as crazy as Fleetwood Mac in their drama and drugs. Their old VH1 "Behind The Music" shows a bit of it:

Stan says of himself: "There's only a couple of things you can do to
get fired: suck at it or have a bad attitude-I probably did them both." Interestingly, not long after his 3rd firing, he was picked up by Don Henley and moved into a better career as a producer and songwriter.

As I understand it, he was not happy about Stevie getting Tom's "Stop Dragging My Heart Around" from Tom. He felt it should have been on Tom's album. But he did play drums on Stevie's album for that song. It was written by Tom Petty and Mike Campbell. Iovine somehow persuaded Tom to allow Stevie to put it out and it was a hit. There was probably some friction over that during that time.
Old 05-11-2018, 12:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

As I understand it, he was not happy about Stevie getting Tom's "Stop Dragging My Heart Around" from Tom. He felt it should have been on Tom's album. But he did play drums on Stevie's album for that song. It was written by Tom Petty and Mike Campbell. Iovine somehow persuaded Tom to allow Stevie to put it out and it was a hit. There was probably some friction over that during that time.
But did he know he was playing on it for her album at the time it was recorded or were they using parts of the recording done for the HB?
Old 05-11-2018, 01:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
TPATH was just as crazy as Fleetwood Mac in their drama and drugs. Their old VH1 "Behind The Music" shows a bit of it:

Stan says of himself: "There's only a couple of things you can do to
get fired: suck at it or have a bad attitude-I probably did them both." Interestingly, not long after his 3rd firing, he was picked up by Don Henley and moved into a better career as a producer and songwriter.

The song was pretty much all ready recorded as a TP song. He didn't contribute drums after the fact.