The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Stevie Nicks
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-10-2018, 05:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Stevie Nicks gets 2nd in the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame fan vote. Will she be inducted?

The fan vote is over

1. Def Leppard
2. Stevie Nicks
3. Todd Rundgren
4. The Zombies
5. The Cure

Janet Jackson finished 6th.

I still am still very doubtful she gets in, especially because she is already in and the controversy with the Lindsey firing. Todd Rundgren was slowly catching up to her.
Old 12-10-2018, 05:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

She and Def Leppard are shoo-ins....the Top Two have gotten in four of the five last years.
Plus, the Hall is VERY aware that the lack of female inductees is still a VERY big problem (one of the reasons I think you'll also see Janet inducted).
And the press that would be garnered over the first female to be inducted twice could only benefit the Hall!
(And while he did cut her lead by about 10,000 votes in the last week, Stevie was still more than 60,000 votes ahead of Todd!).
Old 12-10-2018, 05:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fannymac View Post
She and Def Leppard are shoo-ins....the Top Two have gotten in four of the five last years.
Plus, the Hall is VERY aware that the lack of female inductees is still a VERY big problem (one of the reasons I think you'll also see Janet inducted).
And the press that would be garnered over the first female to be inducted twice could only benefit the Hall!
(And while he did cut her lead by about 10,000 votes in the last week, Stevie was still more than 60,000 votes ahead of Todd!).
I was voting for her faithfully until about 3 weeks ago when we got more news about Lindsey. I know that controversy hurt her.

I don’t think she is a shoe in and I doubt many care if she is a woman. I’ve read too many articles and watched too many videos about particular to believe that. If she gets in, she will be extremely lucky.

Last edited by Jondalar; 12-10-2018 at 05:54 PM..
Old 12-10-2018, 06:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Anything can happen, but I would be very surprised if she doesn't get in. This honor is based on her body of solo work and she deserves it. The firing of Lindsey will make no difference whatsoever to the vast majority of the general public.

Last edited by Feather Blade; 12-10-2018 at 06:20 PM..
Old 12-10-2018, 06:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feather Blade View Post
Anything can happen, but I would be very surprised if she doesn't get in. This honor is based on her body of solo work and she deserves it. The firing of Lindsey will make no difference whatsoever to the vast majority of the general public.
The general public doesn’t vote. Industry insiders vote and they do pay attention.
Old 12-10-2018, 06:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Stevie has been a very good friend to the Hall....that will be remembered.
Plus, she has a number of good friends on the voting panel, starting with Dave Grohl, who will no doubt campaign for her induction.
Old 12-10-2018, 06:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jondalar View Post
The general public doesn’t vote. Industry insiders vote and they do pay attention.
And they should be voting on the basis of her solo efforts only, correct? Personnel changes of an entity not related to solo work should have no bearing.
Old 12-10-2018, 06:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

We will find out this Thursday if she gets in.
Old 12-10-2018, 07:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
We will find out this Thursday if she gets in.
Yes, and you may very well be right. We'll soon know.
Old 12-10-2018, 07:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
And they should be voting on the basis of her solo efforts only, correct? Personnel changes of an entity not related to solo work should have no bearing.
Totally agree, based on the merits of her work and the imprint she has left, and will continue to leave on the industry, she deserves it
Old 12-10-2018, 07:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

That is a lock.
Old 12-10-2018, 07:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FM77 View Post
That is a lock.
If you say so...
Old 12-10-2018, 08:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Excellent point, Feather Blade- can't argue with that one!

Mike drop
Old 12-10-2018, 08:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
You are forgetting that many people have a stronger solo career than Nicks, including Pat Benatar who has never even been nominated. People keep making comparisons when they complain about Stevie being nominated because it’s not Stevie’s solo career that makes her more worthy than Pat or others, it is the total body of work and Stevie is already in the Hall. It doesn’t seem fair to a lot of Ripley.
Old 12-10-2018, 08:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
You are forgetting that many people have a stronger solo career than Nicks, including Pat Benatar who has never even been nominated. People keep making comparisons when they complain about Stevie being nominated because it’s not Stevie’s solo career that makes her more worthy than Pat or others, it is the total body of work and Stevie is already in the Hall. It doesn’t seem fair to a lot of Ripley.
I like Pat Benatar a lot, I think she's underrated. However, I don't think an argument can really be made that Stevie shouldn't be in the HoF because someone else isn't, you know what I mean? And I'm not sure that Pat has or had a stronger solo career than Stevie, either. Steve's last 3 albums charted pretty high, much much higher than any of Pat's in the last decade.

When I think of other women in similar situations as Stevie- in a group and solo, there's Belinda Carlisle and the Go-Go's, Beyonce and Destiny's Child, and Diana Ross and the Supremes are the only ones I can think of right away, and Stevie is the only one who still juggles both successfully. I don't know, I think that gives her an edge.