Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-06-2015, 06:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Antwerp, June 6

Just come home from the Antwerp-concert (foreign country for me, but a bit closer to home than last weeks Amsterdam-shows).

Alas, the venue (Sportpaleis) is huge and old. Sound quality could be better. Scored the Tusk You-shirt!

Same old setlist, BUT: Stevie's Gypsy speech was way shorter and Mick came out after a quick final bow after Don't Stop.

They skipped Silver Springs as well as Songbird.
Old 06-06-2015, 06:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I just got back as well! AMAZING concert! BEST EVER! Everyone was so happy and excited!

I screamed 24 KARAT GOLD before Gypsy and she made a gesture to her ear and said "uh what was I going to say?" or something along those lines. Then at the end of Gypsy she seemed really happy!! So glad about that!

Tusk was AMAZING.

But yeah they skipped Silver Springs and Songbird. Thank God I saw those in Amsterdam.

Did you make any videos? I'd really like to find a video of where I scream 24 KARAT GOLD right before Gypsy speech.

(Maybe her speech was shorter because I distracted her lol.)
Old 06-06-2015, 06:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinmatrix View Post
I screamed 24 KARAT GOLD before Gypsy and she made a gesture to her ear and said "uh what was I going to say?" or something along those lines. Then at the end of Gypsy she seemed really happy!! So glad about that!
That makes me so happy! Thank you for sharing.

Crystallineknowledge
Dedicated to Stevie.
Old 06-06-2015, 06:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm seeing them in Birmingham on Monday night and they'd better do Silver Springs and Songbird. Did they not play them because of a time issue?
Old 06-06-2015, 06:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by James89 View Post
I'm seeing them in Birmingham on Monday night and they'd better do Silver Springs and Songbird. Did they not play them because of a time issue?
I was hoping someone here would know... I'm not from Antwerp. :/

The people next to me left at the end of World Turning, I think they knew Silver Springs and Songbird were cut. I don't know how/why. Vocals and energy were SUPER high throughout the show.
Old 06-06-2015, 07:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

One of the crew guys told me they had to start 15 minutes later, so that might have been why they cut two songs. But I think if Stevie had to do Silver Springs she would have killed Lindsey with her stare of death. Yeah, she wasn't feeling it tonight. I paid attention, the one and only time she made eye contact with him was at the end of Say You Love Me. She had more eye contact with Lori.
Old 06-06-2015, 10:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Sorry about Songbird being cut.

Quote:
Originally Posted by danax6 View Post
the one and only time she made eye contact with him was at the end of Say You Love Me.
But that's kind of sweet, at least. I love how they end that song. That would have really been funny if she had turned away from him at the end of SYLM and looked at Christine instead.

Michele
Old 06-07-2015, 02:38 AM
Ledgie

I don't know if they skipped the songs because of the time issue, could very well be. I noticed the time on my ticket said 8.30 instead of the 8.00 on my Amsterdam ones. They started at 8.30 sharp. First few songs they needed to warm up a bit, but after that the party started! In my opinion the sound wasn't great and I realised once more that seated places during a concert aren't really my thing. But I had a good spot to overview the stage, which was great and I also got to meet two really nice girls from Austria and Portugal who even shared the same name as me! What a coincidence!
The three of us were a bit flabbergasted when the band did their bows right after Don't Stop and then Mick came out to say goodbye. We were like 'hey, we are missing two songs, come back!' So overall it was a nice show, but I must admit I've seen better ones...
I did make a lot of videos which I will upload as soon as possible. I also captured the Gypsy speech but it comes in two parts since my camera couldn't focus at first so I had to stop filming and try again. So if you haven't found it yet Twinmatrix let me know and I'll make sure you'll get it! It was a cute moment when Stevie forgot what she wanted to say... Or maybe she was thinking about how to tell most of the story in a short amount of time
Old 06-07-2015, 03:37 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Also, I throughout the crowd was kinda lame. Polite enthusiasm after the songs, only the few first rows were on their feet and having a ball, the rest kept being seated.

From where I was seated, I had a pretty good view. In fact it was a weird spot. My row only had 1 chair. Wanted to get up and party, but I need a little encouragement from my surroundings, who didn't stood up.

Sound quality wasn't that good from were I was in the hall. Yes they were scheduled for 20:30 and lots of people were still coming in. Maybe Stevie's voice and Chris' her hands caused the skipping.

Well, tonight another Dinosaur: I'll be seeing Paul McCartney.
Old 06-07-2015, 04:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by James89 View Post
I'll be there too and I'll be disappointed if they're not there.
Old 06-07-2015, 04:33 AM
Addicted Ledgie

There's word that the Antwerp Airport closes around 23:00, so maybe that was the reason for the shortened concert.
Old 06-07-2015, 04:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SorcererJP View Post
Also, I throughout the crowd was kinda lame. Polite enthusiasm after the songs, only the few first rows were on their feet and having a ball, the rest kept being seated.

From where I was seated, I had a pretty good view. In fact it was a weird spot. My row only had 1 chair. Wanted to get up and party, but I need a little encouragement from my surroundings, who didn't stood up.

Sound quality wasn't that good from were I was in the hall. Yes they were scheduled for 20:30 and lots of people were still coming in. Maybe Stevie's voice and Chris' her hands caused the skipping.

Well, tonight another Dinosaur: I'll be seeing Paul McCartney.
1 chair, wtf.

Have to jump in and say have fun seeing Macca tonight! His three hour gigs are absolute beasts, and I've enjoyed the videos from shows thus far on this tour from him.

"There’s nothing going on between you and me except that there will always be something going on between you and me. Until the day we die"
Old 06-07-2015, 04:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seasonsofmylife View Post
I don't know if they skipped the songs because of the time issue, could very well be. I noticed the time on my ticket said 8.30 instead of the 8.00 on my Amsterdam ones. They started at 8.30 sharp. First few songs they needed to warm up a bit, but after that the party started! In my opinion the sound wasn't great and I realised once more that seated places during a concert aren't really my thing. But I had a good spot to overview the stage, which was great and I also got to meet two really nice girls from Austria and Portugal who even shared the same name as me! What a coincidence!
The three of us were a bit flabbergasted when the band did their bows right after Don't Stop and then Mick came out to say goodbye. We were like 'hey, we are missing two songs, come back!' So overall it was a nice show, but I must admit I've seen better ones...
I did make a lot of videos which I will upload as soon as possible. I also captured the Gypsy speech but it comes in two parts since my camera couldn't focus at first so I had to stop filming and try again. So if you haven't found it yet Twinmatrix let me know and I'll make sure you'll get it! It was a cute moment when Stevie forgot what she wanted to say... Or maybe she was thinking about how to tell most of the story in a short amount of time
Oooh! Could you pretty please upload the video? I found one on YouTube but it's recorded from WAY back so I can't really see/hear anything. It'd be so amazinggg <3 Thank youuu ^.^

If Antwerp Airport closes at 11 then stopping the show at 10.45 is pretty crazy. We were stuck in traffic for 30 mins afterwards lol.

I'm not sure where all the negative reviews are coming from O-o To me this was their best show yet!! So energetic and happy!! But I was seated around fun people and I saw the other side of the arena (Lindsey's side) didn't do much so maybe that could've been annoying. ^^;
Old 06-07-2015, 06:23 AM
Ledgie

I'll send you a PM once I've uploaded it! Not sure if you're able to hear anything since I was seated in the back as well. But Stevie admitting she doesn't remember what to say was adorable.

Glad to hear you enjoyed the show that much. I wouldn't have missed it, just felt 'it' more during the Amsterdam shows :-)

Makes sense they skipped the second encore because of the airport closing.
Old 06-07-2015, 06:25 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seasonsofmylife View Post
I'll send you a PM once I've uploaded it! Not sure if you're able to hear anything since I was seated in the back as well. But Stevie admitting she doesn't remember what to say was adorable.

Glad to hear you enjoyed the show that much. I wouldn't have missed it, just felt 'it' more during the Amsterdam shows :-)

Makes sense they skipped the second encore because of the airport closing.
Thank you! <33

No worries, any video of it would be fantastic. ^.^

Did you go to the second Amsterdam show? Interestingly I felt that this show they were way better, but it seems everyone here has the opposite opinion, haha.