Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-07-2015, 11:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDenimLamp View Post
Not with FM anyway...

In the Stevie section there is a new interview with Waddy and he is talking new music and a solo tour with Stevie in 2016.
no, not new music, old music put out in 2014 that he says nobody heard yet cause they didn't tour it.

for anybody who still had any doubts about SN not going on solo tour as soon as FM tour is over (instead of going into studio with FM) here's a link to the article:
http://guitar.com/articles/waddy-wac...icks-pat-mcgee

really bad news for FM album that SN has been stalling for at least 6 years and counting now. and really bad news for fans hearing those 8 new Christine-Lindsey FM songs any time soon if FM continues waiting for SN. but hope this means LB will put out some of that music he recorded with Mick and John in 2012 and whatever else he was recording on the road out as soon as FM tour is over and embarks on solo tour too!

(thanks for sharing Nicole, as usual!)

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 06-07-2015, 01:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
no, not new music, old music put out in 2014 that he says nobody heard yet cause they didn't tour it.

for anybody who still had any doubts about SN not going on solo tour as soon as FM tour is over (instead of going into studio with FM) here's a link to the article:
http://guitar.com/articles/waddy-wac...icks-pat-mcgee

really bad news for FM album that SN has been stalling for at least 6 years and counting now. and really bad news for fans hearing those 8 new Christine-Lindsey FM songs any time soon if FM continues waiting for SN. but hope this means LB will put out some of that music he recorded with Mick and John in 2012 and whatever else he was recording on the road out as soon as FM tour is over and embarks on solo tour too!

(thanks for sharing Nicole, as usual!)
Yes Waddy was probably talking about "24K" but Stevie has said that she has 10 or so more songs ready to go and is thinking about going back to Nashville as soon as the FM tour is over...So it's quite possible there will be some new solo songs out for the 2016 tour...

Why can't the "4" just do something like Tom Petty is doing?

No saying FM should bring back old personnel but rather go out and do some shows with out worrying about being the "Rumours" version of FM...
Old 06-07-2015, 02:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Why can't the "4" just do something like Tom Petty is doing?
"the 4" just need to fire the band member who obviously doesn't want to have anything to do with them if she doesn't want to quit on her own.

#greed #cycles

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 06-07-2015, 02:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

LOL...Okay Stevie...who cares about an amazing opportunity to make an album with all 5 original members of fleetwood mac. Instead, go try and resurrect an album you did well over a year ago and go play a half filled venue in Atlantic City. Good luck with that.

The interviews are going to be great, every single one is going to be "well I did this album over a year ago but poor me had to go on the road with Fleetwood Mac so nobody heard my album blah blah blah"

Quite frankly, she should go get her toe spur fixed and disappear for a year while she recovers and get a grip while she's at it.
Old 06-07-2015, 03:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
LOL...Okay Stevie...who cares about an amazing opportunity to make an album with all 5 original members of fleetwood mac. Instead, go try and resurrect an album you did well over a year ago and go play a half filled venue in Atlantic City. Good luck with that.

The interviews are going to be great, every single one is going to be "well I did this album over a year ago but poor me had to go on the road with Fleetwood Mac so nobody heard my album blah blah blah"

Quite frankly, she should go get her toe spur fixed and disappear for a year while she recovers and get a grip while she's at it.
Ouch! I see where you are coming from, though. And - if she is so tired and sick and everything when she tours with FM, how will she handle a solo tour, I'd think that being the sole attraction on stage for at least 90 minutes must be quite harder on her than her current situation on tour with FM.

Last edited by AncientQueen; 06-07-2015 at 04:36 PM..
Old 06-07-2015, 05:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
"the 4" just need to fire the band member who obviously doesn't want to have anything to do with them if she doesn't want to quit on her own.

#greed #cycles
Agree. I can see Lindsey being fine with touring/recording without Stevie, and I can see Christine being fine with it too. I see Mick as the holdout. Whether that's because he wants this version of the band to be the be all/end all, or because he thinks touring without Stevie will be less lucrative, I don't know. John'll just go along with Mick.
Old 06-07-2015, 05:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Like I posted in the Stevie forum, this might not be a bad thing. Waddy specifically said they'd tour early next year- very atypical for Stevie, who normally takes a break between tours, and pretty much exclusively plays amphitheaters in the summer. If she does a short solo tour early next year she gets her much "needed" break from FM, Lindsey and Chris get to continue work on their rough FM tracks, and by the time Stevie is ready to join the band later in the year, they will actually be ready for her to contribute to the creative process. Win for all involved.

...of course we all know that's not how this is going to go down, though.
Old 06-07-2015, 05:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
Like I posted in the Stevie forum, this might not be a bad thing. Waddy specifically said they'd tour early next year- very atypical for Stevie, who normally takes a break between tours, and pretty much exclusively plays amphitheaters in the summer. If she does a short solo tour early next year she gets her much "needed" break from FM, Lindsey and Chris get to continue work on their rough FM tracks, and by the time Stevie is ready to join the band later in the year, they will actually be ready for her to contribute to the creative process. Win for all involved.

I hope you're right. It sounds pretty plausible though.
Old 06-07-2015, 06:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post

except:

a) Lindsey&Christine tracks are not "rough", they are pretty much finished. just waiting for Stevie to add her vocals. Lindsey and the rest of the band wasting even more time waiting for Stevie than they already have is ridiculous and unfair to them and to fans waiting for the album that should have been released this spring if Stevie was not holding it up (as Christine was saying in her 2014 interviews).

b) if you are right and Stevie is doing out-of-ordinary solo tour because of the FM, we will hear even more whining from her and her fans how she's doing FM a favor.

Old 06-07-2015, 06:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
except:

a) Lindsey&Christine tracks are not "rough", they are pretty much finished. just waiting for Stevie to add her vocals. Lindsey and the rest of the band wasting even more time waiting for Stevie than they already have is ridiculous and unfair to them and to fans waiting for the album that should have been released this spring if Stevie was not holding it up (as Christine was saying in her 2014 interviews).

b) if you are right and Stevie is doing out-of-ordinary solo tour because of the FM, we will hear even more whining from her and her fans how she's doing FM a favor.
That's now how Lindsey and Christine have talked about it. Lindsey said they are not finished and there is still work to be done on them aside from Stevie. They may not be rough but judging by their description I wouldn't call them pretty much finished either.
Old 06-07-2015, 08:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeVielhaber View Post
That's now how Lindsey and Christine have talked about it. Lindsey said they are not finished and there is still work to be done on them aside from Stevie. They may not be rough but judging by their description I wouldn't call them pretty much finished either.
no, if you remember the interviews from last year, even before the tour, they said they had those 7-8 songs pretty much finished, and then some LB tracks from 2012 that he did with Mick and John that were still left open for Stevie to add on.

somehow these 7-8 Christine/Lindsey tracks became less and less finished with every interview when they were covering for Stevie not being on board. wonder whether now that they are all clear she's not on board they will change the story back to them being almost finished.

i may not remember it all correctly but pretty sure that was the course of statements.

Old 06-07-2015, 08:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Stevie's quitting the band.

Lindsey won't form a new band with the others or go on without her.

John will just retire to spend more time with his family.

Mick and Christine will form a new band with Mick Taylor, Bill Wyman, and Rich Robinson, with Rod Stewart fronting it. It will be called Rod Stewart & the Fleetwood Stone.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 06-07-2015, 09:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Stevie's quitting the band.

Lindsey won't form a new band with the others or go on without her.

John will just retire to spend more time with his family.

Mick and Christine will form a new band with Mick Taylor, Bill Wyman, and Rich Robinson, with Rod Stewart fronting it. It will be called Rod Stewart & the Fleetwood Stone.
Now I would pay to see that line up but you have to swap MT for Jeff Beck and perhaps Bill for Jeff's bassist Tal Wilkenfeld...
Old 06-07-2015, 09:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Now I would pay to see that line up but you have to swap MT for Jeff Beck and perhaps Bill for Jeff's bassist Tal Wilkenfeld...
But without MT or BW, it wouldn't be Fleetwood STONE.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 06-07-2015, 10:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
But without MT or BW, it wouldn't be Fleetwood STONE.
The Beck/Stewart combo brings with it almost as much history/baggage/drama as the SN/LB pairing...Wouldn't want Mick & Christine's new band to be boring now would we...