The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-01-2014, 12:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Fleetwood Mac to headline the Isle of Wight festival next year...

So that's a definite no to Glastonbury...

http://www.isleofwightfestival.com/Default.aspx

Tickets on sale from Friday morning, Ledgies. It's usually televised on ITV, so let's hope they do it next year.

Last edited by tango87; 12-01-2014 at 12:09 PM.. Reason: more information...
Old 12-01-2014, 12:08 PM
Senior Ledgie

A BIG surpise!!!!
Old 12-01-2014, 12:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

A little piece in The Guardian:

“We’ve always wanted to come to the UK to play the Isle of Wight festival, and so we are delighted that in 2015 we are finally making it happen. So many fellow artists and friends have played at this historic event over the years, and we can’t wait to see all of our fans on the island next summer.”

http://www.theguardian.com/music/201...-festival-2015
Old 12-01-2014, 02:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs up Wow! Very Cool!

And all those races that are run
They cause patterns"
Old 12-01-2014, 03:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Wasn't expecting that announcement.
I'd bet they were initially going to do Glastonbury but IOW must have offered a shed load more money. Bad decision imo.
Whoever is advising them has made a big mistake. They will likely get more money from doing IOW in the first instance but Glastonbury would have been worth 10 times more in the longer term. Perhaps it was Mick's decision- he sees a relatively small proportion of the music sales.
I really fancy going to this now- I love the Isle of Wight.
Old 12-02-2014, 05:42 AM
Ledgie

Big letdown for me. IoW is a fairly standard festival - but it will be offering more money and as we know with FM, money talks.

But very few people can ever say they've headlined Glastonbury.
Old 12-02-2014, 07:13 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Lower cache but higher paycheck. How surprising. As long as we get good quality footage out of it, I'm happy.

"There’s nothing going on between you and me except that there will always be something going on between you and me. Until the day we die"
Old 12-02-2014, 08:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Yes, this isn't really an 'ensuring the legacy'-type decision, is it? Glastonbury would have been wonderful, and they'd have gone down a storm.

But then the Stones played the Isle of Wight, and then triumphed at Glasto a few years later, so there is a precedent if they want to do it in the future... (Wishful thinking, I know!)
Old 12-02-2014, 08:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicole21290 View Post
Lower cache but higher paycheck. How surprising. As long as we get good quality footage out of it, I'm happy.
right? sad.

about the footage, i hope we get some, cause with the other festivals they've played recently (and maybe in the past too), every other performer footage tends to be available, live-streamed, etc, while FM / their management apparently doesn't allow theirs. which probably goes back to your first observation about a paycheck.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 12-02-2014, 08:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I know I'm in the minority here, but I think it's great that they've chosen a smaller festival. It sort of bugs me that if you are a huge band, you must headline Glastonbury. I really like it that they are doing it differently. I see them suiting a smaller festival rather than the gigantic Glastonbury. I went years ago and enjoyed it but wouldn't want to go now. My friend was working there last year and said it was just too big and too many people - it took her forever to walk from her tent to anywhere.

It will be a fantastic atmosphere on the Isle of Wight - lucky IoW festival goers! I look forward to seeing the coverage.

Also, when the Stones played Glastonbury some of the tabloid media coverage was horrendous - "Night of the Living Dead" was the first headline I saw, along the most unflattering photo they could have possibly found. I know that FM are no where near as battered at The Stones, but if they ever do play Glastonbury, I hope the tabloids are kinder with their images.
Old 12-05-2014, 07:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Correction

There is a mistake in the following article:

http://www.fleetwoodmac.net/fwm/inde...d=572&Itemid=9

The Isle of Wight festival is held in the UK. It is stated in the article that the festival is held in Australia.
Old 12-05-2014, 02:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Paolo Nutini to be special guest with Fleetwood Mac at Isle of Wight Festival

Read more: http://www.femalefirst.co.uk/music/e...#ixzz3L3Rsleuu

Female First

by Daniel Falconer | 5 December 2014

Paolo Nutini is to be a special guest to Fleetwood Mac at next year's Isle of Wight Festival.

The musician is the latest act to join the famous event's line-up, to take place of the weekend of June 11-14 at Seaclose Park.

After releasing his third studio album 'Caustic Love' in April, he's the fifth artist announced following the revelation that the newly reformed Fleetwood Mac would headline.

Paolo follows previously announced stars such as Pharrell Williams for the show.

Whilst the headline performances for the Saturday evening are yet to be announced, The Black Keys and The Prodigy have been confirmed to perform on the Friday.

Tickets to the event are now on sale, and available from www.isleofwightfestival.com.

Read more: http://www.femalefirst.co.uk/music/e...#ixzz3L3S6PXOA
Old 12-07-2014, 04:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

[Why that's a mere $500,000 apiece, minus overhead. Those paupers. Oh wait, they said pounds, not dollars. Never mind]

Dec 07 2014 02:29:51

Dec. 07 (Sunday Mirror) -- Fleetwood Mac were revealed as the incredible headline act of next year's Isle of Wight Festival - and I'm told they'll pocket a small fortune for it.
The British-American stars were snapped up by festival boss John Giddings for the exclusive performance, after he tempted them away from a rumoured appearance at Glastonbury.

Organisers remain tight-lipped on the fee but industry sources tell me it could be as much as Pounds 2.5million.

A music source told me: "It's a huge fee, but this is a big deal and there was a lot of interest in signing them. It's one of the biggest sums ever paid for a festival headliner - but the organisers know it will be worth every penny."

A festival spokesman this week refused to comment.
Old 12-07-2014, 05:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
right? sad.

about the footage, i hope we get some, cause with the other festivals they've played recently (and maybe in the past too), every other performer footage tends to be available, live-streamed, etc, while FM / their management apparently doesn't allow theirs. which probably goes back to your first observation about a paycheck.
It was great to get professionally filmed performances from FM's Today Show gig. Is it likely that the Mac's Isle of Wight Festival gig will be a 23-24 song show? If yes and normally festival organisers arrange for all performances to be filmed, then

What a perfectly lucrative opportunity to record a show for release on DVD!
Old 12-07-2014, 12:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Didn't they play the Isle of Wight in 1988? I seem to recall a secondary-market CD with three or four songs from Fleetwood's set.

moviekinks.blogspot.com