Heroes are Hard To Find 0 0%
Fleetwood Mac (1975) 0 0%
Rumours 29 47.54%
Tusk 5 8.20%
Tango In The Night 12 19.67%
Voters: 61. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-14-2013, 03:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I would have voted for Mirage, if it were a choice.

Instead, I voted for Bare Trees. I find it unfortunate that the content of the album has none of the mystery, quiet, or serenity portrayed on the cover.
I'm not the man you think I am. My love has never lived indoors - I had to drag it home by four, hired hounds at both my wrists, damp and bruised by strangers' kisses on my lips. But you're the one that I still miss. Neko Case
Old 01-14-2013, 04:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Bare Trees Simple...to the point. Both front and back. Plus, it kind of fits the music on the LP.
Old 01-14-2013, 07:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

If John wanted to publish one of those coffee table photography books, I'd be proud to own it.

Michele
Old 01-15-2013, 12:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

There is something so subversive about the Tusk cover, and for that matter, the album itself. It's like an anti-cover, much like the Beatles white album was an anti-cover. And there are so many parallels between those two albums... double albums, mostly white covers, released at the end of their respective decades ten years apart, and both more eccentric than a Quentin Crisp fan convention. The Tusk cover shattered any preconceived notions about the band.

But the real treat is the expansive artwork on the multiple inner sleeves- the haunting photo montages by Peter Beard and all of the random bits of handwritten prose and numbers along with spatters of blood and other mysterious bodily fluids. It's both beautiful yet disturbing at times- much like the album itself. I find it quite fitting that Beard used images of Fleetwood Mac in these montages instead of the elephants, zebras and other wild creatures that are more typical of his safari photography projects. It's all the same. After all, when they lay down in the tall grass, they do their stuff.
Old 01-15-2013, 11:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiliD View Post
Bare Trees Simple...to the point. Both front and back. Plus, it kind of fits the music on the LP.
You live in southern California so Bare Trees would be befitting to your tastes. I live in the northeast and right now it is winter. It looks just like the cover of Bare Trees and when you live it, it is so depressing and dreary. That is why I never liked that cover. It reminds me too much of my most dreaded season.
Old 01-15-2013, 11:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Mirage is my fave. TITN is my fave from this list.
Old 01-15-2013, 12:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I vote mirage- I like the concept of SYW, but I don't think Stevie looks like herself in that photo.
Old 01-15-2013, 12:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiliD View Post
See, that's interesting. I don't think the music fits the cover -at all-. And you think it does. Different strokes...
I'm not the man you think I am. My love has never lived indoors - I had to drag it home by four, hired hounds at both my wrists, damp and bruised by strangers' kisses on my lips. But you're the one that I still miss. Neko Case
Old 01-15-2013, 01:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HejiraNYC View Post
But the real treat is the expansive artwork on the multiple inner sleeves- the haunting photo montages by Peter Beard and all of the random bits of handwritten prose and numbers along with spatters of blood and other mysterious bodily fluids. It's both beautiful yet disturbing at times- much like the album itself.
Well, now you make me want to go examine it again. But with latex gloves on. I do love the band shots and the way they are haphazardly arranged.

Michele
Old 01-16-2013, 06:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The Deluxe Version of Say You Will, which I have, IS very aesthetically pleasing. My all time favourite, and the cover I have on my wall is Mirage. But of the options, I definitely have to go with Rumours, how iconic. Or Tango In The Night... BEAUTIFUL!

I don't really like Tusk at all. Blah. I like the fact that it is Scooter, Ken's dog, though.
Old 01-22-2013, 05:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Most of the Pre-Rumours era album covers are just too strange for me, except for Bare Trees.

I went with Tango in the Night. I tend to like black/darker covers over white/lighter ones.
Old 05-29-2015, 01:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

By Becca James, AV club, May 29, 2015

http://www.avclub.com/article/which-...ou-look-219833

Fleetwood Mac’s cover art selection is admittedly hit or miss. Among the band’s discography is both the iconic cover of Rumors—with its stark black-and-white image of Mick Fleetwood and Stevie Nicks—and and the awful threesome-suggesting Mirage—in which Lindsey Buckingham is sandwiched in some sort of sexual embrace between Nicks and Christine McVie. 1987’s Tango In The Night, however, displays the most cognitive dissonance between album and art, with its awful jungle motif (a painting by Australian artist Brett-Livingstone Strong that was hanging in Buckingham’s home) and less than stellar title, the packaging would suggest this album is the sort one hears at a couples dance class where ambitious, soon-to-be newlyweds plot to impress their guests and long-term partners desperately hope to spice up their relationship. Instead, it’s actually Fleetwood Mac’s second biggest selling album, containing hits such as “Seven Wonders,” “Little Lies,” and my personal favorite, “Everywhere.”
Old 05-29-2015, 03:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
By Becca James, AV club, May 29, 2015

http://www.avclub.com/article/which-...ou-look-219833

Fleetwood Mac’s cover art selection is admittedly hit or miss. Among the band’s discography is both the iconic cover of Rumors—with its stark black-and-white image of Mick Fleetwood and Stevie Nicks—and and the awful threesome-suggesting Mirage—in which Lindsey Buckingham is sandwiched in some sort of sexual embrace between Nicks and Christine McVie. 1987’s Tango In The Night, however, displays the most cognitive dissonance between album and art, with its awful jungle motif (a painting by Australian artist Brett-Livingstone Strong that was hanging in Buckingham’s home) and less than stellar title, the packaging would suggest this album is the sort one hears at a couples dance class where ambitious, soon-to-be newlyweds plot to impress their guests and long-term partners desperately hope to spice up their relationship. Instead, it’s actually Fleetwood Mac’s second biggest selling album, containing hits such as “Seven Wonders,” “Little Lies,” and my personal favorite, “Everywhere.”
Tango IS an awful album cover, but the band photo on the back and (especially) the group photo inside are wonderful.

My favorite FM covers are Fleetwood Mac, Rumours, Tusk, Penguin, Bare Trees, and Then Play On...
Old 05-29-2015, 03:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

I also vote for Mirage. Not sure why it was not included in the poll. My least favorite is Tango. It was a painting in Lindsey's house. Big deal. I guess since he controlled the album like the solo album it almost was....maybe that makes sense.

I love Mirage for many reasons. I saw someone say it was sexual. There is NOTHING sexual about Mirage. Its classic posing with mystery. We don't see the girl's faces. A bit of mystery with Christine peaking over the shoulder while another woman is in a classic ballet dancing pose from his arms. I just think everyone looks so beautiful. Its classic, mystical, romantic. It really is like a Mirage
Old 05-29-2015, 09:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
I love Mirage for many reasons. I saw someone say it was sexual. There is NOTHING sexual about Mirage. Its classic posing with mystery. We don't see the girl's faces. A bit of mystery with Christine peaking over the shoulder while another woman is in a classic ballet dancing pose from his arms. I just think everyone looks so beautiful. Its classic, mystical, romantic. It really is like a Mirage
Yes, it's very nice, especially when you have the panorama of both the front cover and the back cover together, all 5.

They make a handsome band on that cover.

Michele