The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-13-2015, 02:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

So Stevie has been vocal about this tour being too long, with too many gigs. But where is her management? They must have agreed to this schedule and certainly not against their clients wishes. I don't get it, if Stevie really was against the tour being so long, she could have just said NO!.
Old 06-13-2015, 03:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AncientQueen View Post
So Stevie has been vocal about this tour being too long, with too many gigs. But where is her management? They must have agreed to this schedule and certainly not against their clients wishes. I don't get it, if Stevie really was against the tour being so long, she could have just said NO!.
Well that's the big question isn't it?...Who has the final approval when the subject of adding extra shows is brought up?
What are the requirements laid out in the contracts the 5 band members signed when they agreed to this tour...

I would guess it's more of the management/promoters /accountants (basically anyone who gets paid a percentage of the profits ) pushing for the extra dates (let's get all we can ($$$) from FM while we can) than the band it's self...
Old 06-13-2015, 03:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AncientQueen View Post
^^^But why did Stevies management agree about the 20 more US and 10 more Eurpoe shows then? She does not like it, why doing it?
Good question. Maybe she was outvoted?
Old 06-13-2015, 04:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I think its now the promoters are pushing this tour along .You know they love money makers like FM,Stones,Springsteen and so on.

Who's going to refuse big money in this day of age .Nobody.Including me.LOL..

If the Mac was in the states without commitments in Europe ,They probably book them for this weekends Bonnaroo fest.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 06-13-2015, 06:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
[Click because they use like a BTM era photo of Stevie in the headline. OK Sanne and others, I know it's not really BTM, but that's the best I can do. I am not a brain surgeon]

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co....ntment-9446039

[Look through the photo gallery guys, they have some really nice band pictures]

Manchester Evening News 12 June 2015 By Emily Heward

Gutted Fleetwood Mac fans have vented their disappointment at tonight’s cancelled Manchester Arena show.

Promoters announced earlier today that their On With The Show tour could not go on after all due to a band member falling ill.

It is the second date the 60s and 70s rock legends have had to call off on the UK leg of their tour after dropping out of their Birmingham gig at the last minute on Tuesday.

But while the Genting Arena show has been rescheduled for July 7, it is understood promoters have failed to find another Manchester date to fit the band’s tour schedule.

The news is especially disappointing as it is Christine McVie’s first tour in 16 years with ex-husband John McVie and bandmates Mick Fleetwood, Stevie Nicks and Lindsey Buckingham.

Christine is the songwriter and voice behind some of the band’s most enduring hits, including Don’t Stop, Little Lies and You Make Loving Fun.

The band’s second show in Manchester on July 1 is set to go ahead as planned but is already sold out, leaving fans with no option than to pay ramped-up resale prices or barter with touts to get their hands on tickets.

Among those hit hardest by the news was Hannah Owen, who wrote on Facebook: “Absolutely gutting. My dear dad bought tickets for my mum and him to go for Christmas. He has sadly passed away and poor mum was so keen to go as it’s what he wanted.

“No reschedule and no tickets left for 1st July show. Such a shame.”

Fans had been due to travel from far and wide for the Manchester gig and some had already arrived in the city before hearing the news.

Among them was Jeroen van Drunen, who flew in from Hungary yesterday just to see them perform.

Fran Haselden had also planned to travel across England for the show. She wrote on the MEN’s website: “I’m so gutted. I’ve been waiting for this since the tickets were released with anticipation.

“We were heading up from the south east this afternoon. We’ve lost a day of pay each to be able to drive up, and it was our last chance. I am so gutted, I cannot believe they are not rescheduling it.”

Amongst the disappointment was also sympathy and concern for the afflicted band member, whose identity has not been revealed.

Smalley (@nicksmallshaw) tweeted: “Hoping for a swift recovery, but no rescheduled gig is devastating. Can’t see me ever getting tickets again.”

Kay and Geoff Harrison wrote on Facebook: “Absolutely gutted, but do hope whichever band member is ill gets well soon!!! Sob sob!”

A few fans remained upbeat enough to see the punny side, with some questioning whether it was just rumours and others hoping the news was ‘lies, sweet little lies’. If only...
Michelle - you got it right. That Stevie pic at the front of the article is from Behind The Mask era.

I remember it all...you just had to fall...
Old 06-13-2015, 08:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheart View Post
Michelle - you got it right. That Stevie pic at the front of the article is from Behind The Mask era.
Ha, thank you. I am not particularly good at matching dates by hair and costume.

Michele