User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-11-2013, 06:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
So, after the fans saw the fake Stevie leave, they probably dispersed and then I guess the real Stevie came down and no one even noticed.

Whenever I see Torrey DeVitto on tv now, I think of Stevie. I never knew who she was before the IYD video.

Michele
Maybe they thought she had already left (or they thought Mary DeVito was actually Stevie)

You got a sweet heart
Never will you be replaced
Old 11-11-2013, 06:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Catdancer View Post
Same here although I did think she looked too skinny to be Stevie not to mention that Karen wasn't there. But than I thought she lost a lot of weight and maybe her stage attire made her look bigger than she actually is. And when she says:"I'm sorry" to one of the fans she sounded just like Stevie. Uncanny.

As far as I know this is a side exit. The main entrance is a lot bigger.
Oh, ok. I also picked up on those things too - the weight, Karen not being with her and the green blouse. But, it's not totally uncommon for Stevie to wear something besides black. Someone mentioned Mick said she wears padding to protect from tambourine playing.
Old 11-11-2013, 07:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Catdancer View Post
Maybe they thought she had already left (or they thought Mary DeVito was actually Stevie)
They all thought she was Stevie and we did too. Every one there was calling out, "Stevie! Stevie!" The person filming thought she was Stevie also.
Old 11-11-2013, 07:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreaming View Post
Mary Torrey DeVitto. Stevie's friend forever. Been around since 1976. Married to drummer Liberty and mother of actress, Torrey.
thanks for the info and all the photos!

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 11-11-2013, 08:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
thanks for the info and all the photos!
You're welcome.
Old 11-11-2013, 10:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Is Mary related to actor Danny DeVito in some way.The spelling is different with the T's.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 11-11-2013, 10:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfanforever View Post
Is Mary related to actor Danny DeVito in some way.The spelling is different with the T's.
Nothing I find indicates Liberty Devitto is any relation to Danny DeVito.
Old 11-21-2013, 04:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
That was definitely her voice I heard from inside the vehicle apologizing to the people outside the car.
I still think you are right about hearing Stevie's voice coming from inside of the car. Maybe the limo picked her up at another hotel before it picked up the other members at this hotel.Like maybe Stevie was crouched down in her seat or near the floor and when she knew she was nabbed by the photographer,she said,"I'm sorry,I'm sorry".She has said that she gets a kick out of Mary being mistaken for her so maybe she was just entertaining herself! Just a speculation on my part-what does everyone else think?
Old 11-21-2013, 06:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by teedeerocks View Post
I still think you are right about hearing Stevie's voice coming from inside of the car. Maybe the limo picked her up at another hotel before it picked up the other members at this hotel.Like maybe Stevie was crouched down in her seat or near the floor and when she knew she was nabbed by the photographer,she said,"I'm sorry,I'm sorry".She has said that she gets a kick out of Mary being mistaken for her so maybe she was just entertaining herself! Just a speculation on my part-what does everyone else think?
That is a very plausible idea that would solve the mystery. We can tell from the photos that its definitely Mary covering her head, but Stevie is hiding in the car
Old 05-30-2015, 03:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I love the guy who literally shoves the Greatest Hits album in Christine's face. No wonder they don't want to stop and sign autographs. Even Stevie, who probably had no makeup on and obviously wasn't in the mood to stop, some lady walks right up to the car and peeks in. I'm a huge fan but you have to show some respect to the people you like. It's funny how people will say they are a huge fan of someone and then do something like that. If you're really a fan you'll respect people's privacy and need for space.
Old 05-30-2015, 06:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreaming View Post
Sigh. Mary Torrey DeVitto. Stevie's friend forever. Been around since 1976. Married to drummer Liberty and mother of actress, Torrey.
I believe she and Liberty are actually divorced now
Old 05-30-2015, 09:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UndoingTheLaces View Post
I love the guy who literally shoves the Greatest Hits album in Christine's face. No wonder they don't want to stop and sign autographs. Even Stevie, who probably had no makeup on and obviously wasn't in the mood to stop, some lady walks right up to the car and peeks in. I'm a huge fan but you have to show some respect to the people you like. It's funny how people will say they are a huge fan of someone and then do something like that. If you're really a fan you'll respect people's privacy and need for space.
You know, CBS just put a colorized I Love Lucy episode up against the last Mad Men (I Love Lucy won). It was the one with William Holden. She sees him in a restaurant and can't stop staring at him. She climbs up on her restaurant seat to look into his booth. She took out her mirror so she could see his reflection (like we would take out our cell phone now). And even though the episode was about 60 years old, it really struck home because fans still act like that today. I've seen that thing about 30 times, but I still rewatched it.

Michele