The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Post-Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read


Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 05-06-2018, 01:25 PM
BLY BLY is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Posts: 1,141
Default New Music....

So I was thinking of this bands legacy. Even though the last album by this band was called Buck/ McVie because there was no Steivie it was an amazing final project with these musicians.If they did record a new album with this " New Band" Now is the time. Crowded House is one of favorite bands and has been for years. I tell my fam that I feel my music world has collided. (which it has) I'm coming to terms with what has happened and dealing. I probably will see them in Baltimore in March for a couple of reasons.
New Set list
Neil Finn
Love all the MAC lineups.

It would be great if they recorded an album before the tour in October and release it and that would really show that this is a " New Band"
Reply With Quote
.
  #2  
Old 05-06-2018, 11:55 PM
Missy Missy is offline
Senior Ledgie
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 229
Default

I think there may be promise there, with the strong songwriting/composing credits Neil and Mike have. Just wondering what sort of style it will be in. I hope if it happens it sounds naturally inspired. and not forced or disconnected. They're probably gonna have to find a new balance, in this group made up of strong personalities from diverse backgrounds.

Neil Finn fans are also trying to get their heads around this and what it may mean for him. I don't think he's the type who will take on something for a long period of time, that won't also advance him creatively. Early days yet but we'll see what happens.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 05-07-2018, 12:39 AM
Fannymac's Avatar
Fannymac Fannymac is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 534
Default

I am much more excited about the prospect of new music from these four very strong writers than I am about any kind of tour!
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 05-07-2018, 07:52 AM
Hawkeye Hawkeye is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Posts: 4,219
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missy View Post
I think there may be promise there, with the strong songwriting/composing credits Neil and Mike have. Just wondering what sort of style it will be in. I hope if it happens it sounds naturally inspired. and not forced or disconnected. They're probably gonna have to find a new balance, in this group made up of strong personalities from diverse backgrounds.

Neil Finn fans are also trying to get their heads around this and what it may mean for him. I don't think he's the type who will take on something for a long period of time, that won't also advance him creatively. Early days yet but we'll see what happens.
My dream is that they want to go out recording wise like they came in 59 years ago as a more blues based band. Iím thinking in the style of Tom Pettys Mojo album. Mick,john and Chris clearly have the ability and desire to switch back into that mode. The first song Chris played live after her long hiatus was Get Like You Used to Be in Hawai. And then Stevie doesnít really have a style. I donít mean that as a criticism but itís true. Musically sheís just going to sound like whoever sheís with at the time. And luckily for me itís with a potential Mojo sounding band!
__________________
Never Dance with the Devil

He Will Burn You Down
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 05-07-2018, 09:32 AM
SteveMacD's Avatar
SteveMacD SteveMacD is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: The Buckeye State
Posts: 6,082
Default

I’m 50-50 with the new lineup doing new music. A lot can happen between now and then. However, it’s more likely now that Lindsey is gone. I think Stevie would be up for a quick, simple album than the long, drawn out process of recording with Lindsey. But, I could just as easily see nothing come of it, save maybe a DVD.
__________________
On and on it will always be, the rhythm, rhyme, and harmony.

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b313/SteveMacD/fm2014_zps5c60d7b9.jpg
Stephen Hopkins

https://www.facebook.com/Espy.Hopkins ; @espyhop)
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 05-07-2018, 10:06 AM
Missy Missy is offline
Senior Ledgie
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 229
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
My dream is that they want to go out recording wise like they came in 59 years ago as a more blues based band. I’m thinking in the style of Tom Pettys Mojo album. Mick,john and Chris clearly have the ability and desire to switch back into that mode. The first song Chris played live after her long hiatus was Get Like You Used to Be in Hawai. And then Stevie doesn’t really have a style. I don’t mean that as a criticism but it’s true. Musically she’s just going to sound like whoever she’s with at the time. And luckily for me it’s with a potential Mojo sounding band!
I've been thinking along those lines too. Neil Finn fans are posting a mixed reaction to all this (which I get). But I think Neil would have great respect for the musical skills and roots of Mick and the McVies.

As people who take note of them would be aware, Mick and Neil have been hanging out with each other for awhile now. They appear to get along very well. http://ultimateclassicrock.com/neil-...fleetwood-mac/

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
I’m 50-50 with the new lineup doing new music. A lot can happen between now and then. However, it’s more likely now that Lindsey is gone. I think Stevie would be up for a quick, simple album than the long, drawn out process of recording with Lindsey. But, I could just as easily see nothing come of it, save maybe a DVD.
I'm not sure either, we'll just see how it goes. Could depend on a few factors.



Last edited by Missy : 05-07-2018 at 10:48 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 05-07-2018, 01:57 PM
bwboy bwboy is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Ohio
Posts: 1,270
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missy View Post
I'm not sure either, we'll just see how it goes. Could depend on a few factors.


That photo of Mick and Neil was dated November 2015... I'm waiting for someone to say this is conclusive proof Mick concocted his scheme to fire Lindsey years ago!
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 05-07-2018, 02:56 PM
Missy Missy is offline
Senior Ledgie
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 229
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
That photo of Mick and Neil was dated November 2015... I'm waiting for someone to say this is conclusive proof Mick concocted his scheme to fire Lindsey years ago!
Sly ole Mick!

I think they may have met at the 2015 VNZMA awards, at end of FM's last tour which finished up in NZ. Obviously they hit it off.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 05-07-2018, 04:04 PM
Murrow Murrow is offline
Senior Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 218
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLY View Post
So I was thinking of this bands legacy. Even though the last album by this band was called Buck/ McVie because there was no Steivie it was an amazing final project with these musicians.If they did record a new album with this " New Band" Now is the time. Crowded House is one of favorite bands and has been for years. I tell my fam that I feel my music world has collided. (which it has) I'm coming to terms with what has happened and dealing. I probably will see them in Baltimore in March for a couple of reasons.
New Set list
Neil Finn
Love all the MAC lineups.

It would be great if they recorded an album before the tour in October and release it and that would really show that this is a " New Band"
I totally agree - two months rehearsing for a tour - why not do four months recording before hitting the road? Even if not that then another EP would be great with a song by each writer - Mike Campbell has written and sung a couple of his own in the past.

I too am a Finn fan though Neil's solo stuff really hasn't done it for me for the most part and nor have any of his spin-off projects.

I do wonder how his songs would sound against Chris and Stevie's though.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 05-07-2018, 04:40 PM
bwboy bwboy is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Ohio
Posts: 1,270
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murrow View Post
I totally agree - two months rehearsing for a tour - why not do four months recording before hitting the road? Even if not that then another EP would be great with a song by each writer - Mike Campbell has written and sung a couple of his own in the past.
I think recording an album with 2 new members on such short notice is one reason why. Also, they need to agree on a producer, choose a studio, and align their schedules, since they all live in different areas. Even technical reasons we don't usually think of are in play- it takes months once an album is recorded to actually press the cds and get to stores. Even if they recorded an album in a month, it would barely be ready for release by the time the tour starts.

The real reason I suspect they're not recording an album first is because I think they're going to wait and see how the tour goes before they decide to record together. If the tour doesn't go well, whether it's audience reaction or behind the scenes, then they won't record together. If the tour does go well, then they will record an album.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 05-07-2018, 08:43 PM
MikeInNV MikeInNV is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 1,121
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
The real reason I suspect they're not recording an album first is because I think they're going to wait and see how the tour goes before they decide to record together. If the tour doesn't go well, whether it's audience reaction or behind the scenes, then they won't record together. If the tour does go well, then they will record an album.
If I recall correctly, when they made BTM, they used to say what a great foundation it was to have gone on tour with Billy and Rick first (for TTIN) because they were able to go into the studio already having a "vibe" and knowing how to relate to each other musically.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 05-07-2018, 09:53 PM
Missy Missy is offline
Senior Ledgie
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 229
Default

Some Neil fans are hoping this will be over quickly but doesn't damage end up damaging his credibility if things don't go well. Man oh man.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 05-08-2018, 04:26 AM
Missy Missy is offline
Senior Ledgie
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 229
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
I think recording an album with 2 new members on such short notice is one reason why. Also, they need to agree on a producer, choose a studio, and align their schedules, since they all live in different areas. Even technical reasons we don't usually think of are in play- it takes months once an album is recorded to actually press the cds and get to stores. Even if they recorded an album in a month, it would barely be ready for release by the time the tour starts.

The real reason I suspect they're not recording an album first is because I think they're going to wait and see how the tour goes before they decide to record together. If the tour doesn't go well, whether it's audience reaction or behind the scenes, then they won't record together. If the tour does go well, then they will record an album.
Yeah they're discussing the possibility, but would be quite a commitment for them wouldn't it?

Btw, when Mick Fleetwood returned to Australia in 2016, I think he may have already been planning to do that before he met Neil Finn in NZ. Before he got there, he said he wanted to come back with his blues band and do some gigs with Australian singer Jimmy Barnes. (They did perform together in 2016 at an Australian blues festival.)

Age is probably not such an issue in the blues music genre, if that's where they're heading. But I think they'd still want to keep some of the FM sound.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 05-08-2018, 10:02 AM
Murrow Murrow is offline
Senior Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 218
Default

If they do make new music the perfect producer would be Mitchell Froom - he did loads of work with Neil (and his brother Tim) and co-produced three tracks on the BuckVie album although I notice they were all Lindsey compositions so probably a bit ironic.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 05-08-2018, 05:44 PM
bombaysaffires bombaysaffires is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: West Coast
Posts: 4,399
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murrow View Post
If they do make new music the perfect producer would be Mitchell Froom - he did loads of work with Neil (and his brother Tim) and co-produced three tracks on the BuckVie album although I notice they were all Lindsey compositions so probably a bit ironic.
If Stevie records with FM with Froom producing that will be the ultimate slap ...she could have recorded with Froom doing her songs with Lindsey and Christine and everyone else on what was supposed to be FM album.
__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

RICK VITO SIGNED 8X10 PHOTO 3
$39.99
RICK VITO SIGNED 8X10 PHOTO 3 pictureRICK VITO SIGNED 8X10 PHOTO
$39.99
RICK VITO SIGNED 8X10 PHOTO pictureRICK VITO SIGNED 8X10 PHOTO 2
$39.99
RICK VITO SIGNED 8X10 PHOTO 2 pictureOriginal B&W Glossy Promo Photograph Rick Vito Atlantic Records 1992 M5507
$11.99
Original B&W Glossy Promo Photograph Rick Vito Atlantic Records 1992 M5507 picture1970's Vintage Press photograph RICK VITO - Atlantic Records -Photo
$9.99
1970's Vintage Press photograph RICK VITO - Atlantic Records -Photo picture



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:32 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 1995-2003 Martin and Lisa Adelson, All Rights Reserved