Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-12-2002, 03:29 PM
Senior Ledgie

Default Your Fleetwood Mac Collection??

For those of you who really enjoy collecting the rare Fleetwood Mac stuff, what is the one thing in your colelction that you are most proud to own??..

Last edited by thewhitewingedd; 01-18-2007 at 09:19 PM..
Old 11-12-2002, 03:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Talking

For me it would have to be a few things:

GIANT poster from 1977..its like 35"x57"..huge..has a callage of pictures on it....great ebay find for only 20.00 (always sells for 40-50)

I have the funky callage thingy from the tusk LP signed by mick fleetwood as well as go your own way/dreams (80s reissue) signed by mick as well.

Timespace CD booklet signed by stevie...and signed to my name..

Tusk LP signed by Richard Dashut and Ken Caillat..

Those are some of my favs in my collection

Alex
Old 11-12-2002, 03:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Smile

Oh boy, I don't know, I'd have to just say my collection as a whole which has taken many years to get to the point I'm at now with it as I'm only about 20 items away from having an original (CD/vinyl) of (at least) one copy of every studio & live song that has ever been released legally that has at least one member (of all the 16 Mac members) on the recording (as far as I know anyways) in some form (though I must admit, I'm not really into the "remixes" or other artists "covering" songs written by a FM member (unless one of the FM members plays/sings on it of course). For my collection, at least one of the 16 gotta be on the recording, whether they are playing something or backing vocals or whatever) though I can certainly understand why many of you do like the "remixes" & "covers", there's so many fascinating things to come across whist FM collecting!

I've got a couple limited edition things where there were only a couple hundred pressed or whatever but it would take longer to explain their relevance to my collection than it's worth and it'd probably send many of you to sleep as many of those relate mainly to the more, how shall we say, "obscure" members of FM (Brunning, Mason, Walker, Weston, etc.).

Good question Adam! I'm looking forward to seeing what others have to say on this as well!

John
Old 11-12-2002, 04:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Hmmmm...what to mention:

My 1976 Eric Clapton concert program, autographed by Christine, Stevie, Mick & Lindsey.

My copy of Christine's 1984 solo CD autographed by Sara Fleetwood

My copy of the Splinter Group's "Destiny Road" CD signed by Peter Green, Pete Stroud, Nigel Watson & Larry Tolfree.

Come to think of it, my #1 is an 8x10 framed photo of me with Ledgies, K.E. Gil and Phil Hof, together with Peter Green outside the Ventura Theatre in Sept 2000.

The three Rick Vito solo CD's autographed by him ("Pink & Black", "Lucky Devils" & "Crazy Cool")

My autographed copy of Todd Sharp's "Walking All The Way" CD

My copy of the "Future Games" LP with the original YELLOW cover (with Red lettering).

My original pressing of the "Mystery To Me" LP .

My first pressing 45 of "GYOW"/"Silver Springs"

Still have (and it's about 11 sizes too small now) the baseball undershirt I got at the Hollywood Bowl the final night of the "Tusk" tour.

From BigAl's description, I think I still have that same giant poster.
Also a slightly smaller poster of what looks like the Midnight Special performance.

I lost a 3' x 4' poster of the "chicken coop sessions" (the cover of the new VBoFM booklet) during one of my many moves.

The issue of Rolling Stone magazine that reviewed "Tusk" (Bette Midler in a bed of roses on the cover)

Those are great momentos, but what it comes down to is just collecting the music, for me.

Last edited by chiliD; 11-12-2002 at 05:11 PM..
Old 11-12-2002, 05:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

After so many years..........

1. All my "Rare cds"
2. An autographed Stevie Nicks tourbook from the '94 show after meeting her.
3.The photo of Mick and I taken at QVC in '1996 after spending 45 minutes "interviewing "him.
4. The altimate box set I created using 25+ years of photos creating a trunk that is full of photos inside and out of great pictures and many things I have picked up since 1977.
Old 11-12-2002, 09:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Cool My prized possessions....

I would have to say my Buckingham Nicks album and my Tusk tourbook. I don't have anything SUPER rare.

I also love all the posters I have (chicken coop 77, Tusk (my fave), Lindsey's GI and OOTC posters and Tango in the Night -British). I am trying to find a decently priced Mirage poster. I keep missing out on them!!

I'm also looking for a Tusk era tee shirt...I found one on Ebay, but it may go for a very high price, I'll have to keep my eye on it.

THANK GOD FOR EBAY! LOL
Old 11-12-2002, 11:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

My favorite FM related items are:

My huge framed black and white poster of the inside cover from Rumours...where I think Chris, Stevie, and Mick are all sitting and John and Lindsey are standing. I love this one.

My framed Wild Heart poster....the one that almost looks like a painting of Stevie's face, wearing that head dress thingy.

My drumstick that was given to me after the 2000 AHI Benefit concert by Scotty Craigo.

BUT MY FAVORITE.....would have to be the frame that I have hanging on my wall with pride, which includes:
- 9 out of my 10 Shangri-La concert ticket stubs (I kept my Reading, PA one in my wallet for good luck).
- 2 After Show Shangri-La tour passes.
- 1 VIP Shangri-La backstage laminate.
- and a piece of paper from the Alladin Hotel with signatures from the following people wishing me a Happy 21st Birthday: Stevie's entire tour crew, band, back-up singers, Chris Nicks, Lori Nicks, John McVie, Mick Fleetwood, and Bobbeye Hall. Oh, and John Kinney Basically, everyone BUT Stevie....lol....it rocks.

Kristin
Old 11-13-2002, 05:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I would say my most treasured is my TISL tourbook signed by Stevie, Sheryl Crow, Chris and Lori Nicks and pretty much all of Stevie's band.

Pip
Old 11-13-2002, 05:46 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by chiliD
Hmmmm...what to mention:

My 1976 Eric Clapton concert program, autographed by Christine, Stevie, Mick & Lindsey.

My copy of Christine's 1984 solo CD autographed by Sara Fleetwood

My copy of the Splinter Group's "Destiny Road" CD signed by Peter Green, Pete Stroud, Nigel Watson & Larry Tolfree.

Come to think of it, my #1 is an 8x10 framed photo of me with Ledgies, K.E. Gil and Phil Hof, together with Peter Green outside the Ventura Theatre in Sept 2000.

The three Rick Vito solo CD's autographed by him ("Pink & Black", "Lucky Devils" & "Crazy Cool")

My autographed copy of Todd Sharp's "Walking All The Way" CD

My copy of the "Future Games" LP with the original YELLOW cover (with Red lettering).

My original pressing of the "Mystery To Me" LP .

My first pressing 45 of "GYOW"/"Silver Springs"

Still have (and it's about 11 sizes too small now) the baseball undershirt I got at the Hollywood Bowl the final night of the "Tusk" tour.

From BigAl's description, I think I still have that same giant poster.
Also a slightly smaller poster of what looks like the Midnight Special performance.

I lost a 3' x 4' poster of the "chicken coop sessions" (the cover of the new VBoFM booklet) during one of my many moves.

The issue of Rolling Stone magazine that reviewed "Tusk" (Bette Midler in a bed of roses on the cover)

Those are great momentos, but what it comes down to is just collecting the music, for me.
Wow Chili....awesome stuff you have there!

Pip
Old 11-13-2002, 10:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Re: Your Fleetwood Mac Collection??

Quote:
Originally posted by thewhitewingedd
For those of you who really enjoy collecting the rare Fleetwood Mac stuff, what is the one thing in your colelction that you are most proud to own
My cherished collection is the wonderful times I've had with all my fellow Fleetwood Mac fans!

These golden memories make it all worthwhile ....
Old 11-13-2002, 11:05 AM
Ledgie

1. a signed Christine Perfect LP (still hopping around because of that one)

2. the Tusk-tourbook

3. a Stevie tambourine (that one was really expensive)

4. all "uncirculated rumours" LP's

Plus various other stuff, in 24 years of looking, you can even find some stuff in Germany.
Old 11-13-2002, 01:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

My Buckingham Nicks gatefold I love..I got that for $50 believe it or not..I was rather dumb I guess. I got that in early 98 when I was a rather new fan.

Also my posters...my TUSK double sided poster, my Street Angel poster with Stevie looking so divine! My Greatest Hits poster ( 1988) that I happened to just find...

My Other Side of the Mirror from England with the hologram sticker included.

My Sara 12 inch single that I found with that amazing pic of everyone undressing Lindsey! I didn't stop staring at that for days...maybe weeks!

My Picture Interview LP from Europe with a live pic from Stevie on one side and a pic of the Behind the Mask FM.

My 1983 Wild Heart tour shirt that some guy gave to me at a record store...fits me perfectly!

All my tourbooks of course...

Everything I guess...my 70 videos too. With Ebay...it seems like nothing is precious but some of these things I got from other fans or looking through many old record stores (or my friend doing it for me when she went across the pond for 4 months) ..

I guess my FAV is when a friend went to the Dance tour and got a picture of Lindsey in a hotel and then sent me an original print of it. That was awesome and I'll never forget that!

Or my ticket stubs from the Dance tour...nothing can replace those experiences!

Sorry...I guess I am a undecided pack rat!
Old 11-13-2002, 01:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I have nothing rare.
Old 11-13-2002, 03:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I don't have anything rare except...

"Mirage" vinyl STILL wrapped in it's original plastic.

"Go Insane," "Law & Order" and "Tango" vinyls

My dad has a Japanese vinyl of "Rumours" along with the original "Buckingham Nicks" and "Go Your Own Way/Silver Springs" single.
Old 11-13-2002, 05:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default If I had to pick one...

It would be my Out of The Cradle concert poster I got Lindsey to sign.

But I also just love collecting all the demos I can get my hands on!

Take on the situation but not the torment