Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-18-2018, 10:17 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwd View Post
Maybe, but that's even stranger.
I think it's a lack of confidence in her appearance, actually. She finds an outfit she feels she looks good in, and she wears it constantly because she feels "safe" in it and doesn't want to try other things because she is afraid they won't look good on her.

I get finding an outfit that feels "safe" and not wanting to try on other things when you feel insecure about your body because when you try on other things, you run the risk of getting upset when they don't look good on you (even if you don't buy them). It's really freaking depressing when you try on outfit after outfit and you hate how they all look on you. It makes you feel fat and ugly. When you find one and it looks good, it's a lot safer to just look for variations on it then go through that tortuous process.

I know Stevie could find many other outfits that look good on her; I just think she doesn't want to deal with the process of finding them.

Last edited by sodascouts; 05-18-2018 at 10:19 AM..
Old 05-18-2018, 11:13 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Maybe, but that's even stranger. She is so rote with everything she does.
Ssssh .....at least she seems to have dropped the hideous cold shoulder cut out items she wore to death.....

I do think she looks fabulous in the picture.

Last edited by sue; 05-18-2018 at 11:14 AM.. Reason: Forgot something
Old 05-18-2018, 11:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
I think it's a lack of confidence in her appearance, actually. She finds an outfit she feels she looks good in, and she wears it constantly because she feels "safe" in it and doesn't want to try other things because she is afraid they won't look good on her.

I get finding an outfit that feels "safe" and not wanting to try on other things when you feel insecure about your body because when you try on other things, you run the risk of getting upset when they don't look good on you (even if you don't buy them). It's really freaking depressing when you try on outfit after outfit and you hate how they all look on you. It makes you feel fat and ugly. When you find one and it looks good, it's a lot safer to just look for variations on it then go through that tortuous process.

I know Stevie could find many other outfits that look good on her; I just think she doesn't want to deal with the process of finding them.

My God, Stevie is a millionaire many, many times over. I highly doubt she ever "shops" for her clothes. I know she at least used to have Margi Kent design her clothes. If these designers are any good at what they do, they would know what looks good on Stevie and what doesn't. At least be able to present her multiple outfits for her to choose from. Who knows, maybe Stevie is very conservative in what she spends on clothing and likes to get a lot of use out of what she does have. As far as black being her color of choice. I know that black is a slimming color, but I'd think that darker shades of other colors offer the same result. Stevie is in good shape and still has a very fit body for her age. She shouldn't worry so much about it, and make some bolder and more varied choices. I just think it's very odd that I see her dressed in the same outfit(s) over and over again. Minor complaint. Girl can do what she wants. She does look good in most of what she does wear.

Last edited by jwd; 05-18-2018 at 11:28 AM.. Reason: typos and such
Old 05-18-2018, 11:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sue View Post
Ssssh .....at least she seems to have dropped the hideous cold shoulder cut out items she wore to death.....

I do think she looks fabulous in the picture.

It was cute the first ten times I saw it on her, Not so much the next hundred.
Old 05-18-2018, 12:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I think because during the 70's and 80's her jewelry, hair and clothes were so diverse and trend setting. Even the crazy late 80's early 90's with the shoulder pads and big hair, there was color and bedazzling. Now it's just the same, boring and sometimes not very flattering outfits.

I still remember how disappointed I was when I saw photos of her at the Oscar parties a few years ago. She could have worn anything! and she wore that same damn black outfit.

I have changed, but you remain ageless
Old 05-18-2018, 01:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Remember a few years ago Margie Kent posted a picture of a beautiful red dress she was designing for Stevie (I believe for a wedding or something that was being held at Oprah's home and all the guests were supposed to wear red?). I hope she does mix things up a bit for the round of new stage clothes she'll need for the upcoming tour.
Old 05-18-2018, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepless child View Post
I think because during the 70's and 80's her jewelry, hair and clothes were so diverse and trend setting. Even the crazy late 80's early 90's with the shoulder pads and big hair, there was color and bedazzling. Now it's just the same, boring and sometimes not very flattering outfits.

I still remember how disappointed I was when I saw photos of her at the Oscar parties a few years ago. She could have worn anything! and she wore that same damn black outfit.
Actually it was a new dress that I actually like and think it flattered her, however she wore it with the usual boots, tights, jacket and sunglasses that ruined the impression, she should have paired it with different items:

Old 05-18-2018, 02:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterNightroad View Post
Actually it was a new dress that I actually like and think it flattered her, however she wore it with the usual boots, tights, jacket and sunglasses that ruined the impression, she should have paired it with different items:

Crikey....legs, and they look really good, yes she has black opaque tights on.
But at least there not theatre curtain legging things she wears.
Old 05-18-2018, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Crikey....legs, and they look really good, yes she has black opaque tights on.
But at least there not theatre curtain legging things she wears.
I agree, it's just that with tights and that pretty mid-length dress I wouldn't wear ankle boots, they just "cut off" her otherwise nice-looking legs
Old 05-18-2018, 03:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

She wore more colors in the old days, like the WH and RAL eras. It seems like she really re-committed herself to black around the SYW era. I'm not a huge fan of the length of her skirts and the length of the boots, she has short legs and it doesn't help the appearance. I also don't like her in those corset type things she's been wearing on stage forever. Not that she asked me, but at this point she should go back to draping herself in very long shawls (like, to the floor) like in the RAL and SA eras. They hide a multitude of pear-shaped sins, and add mystery and glamour.
Old 05-18-2018, 03:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by petep9000 View Post
She wore more colors in the old days, like the WH and RAL eras. It seems like she really re-committed herself to black around the SYW era. I'm not a huge fan of the length of her skirts and the length of the boots, she has short legs and it doesn't help the appearance. I also don't like her in those corset type things she's been wearing on stage forever. Not that she asked me, but at this point she should go back to draping herself in very long shawls (like, to the floor) like in the RAL and SA eras. They hide a multitude of pear-shaped sins, and add mystery and glamour.
THIS!!!
If she wants to make all-black her thing that's fine but the silhouettes she goes for are unnecessarily frumpy. She could easily wear other things that are much more flattering.. The "ankle boots" she wear look like hooves...
Old 05-18-2018, 04:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I agree, it's just that with tights and that pretty mid-length dress I wouldn't wear ankle boots, they just "cut off" her otherwise nice-looking legs
You’re right, the ankle boots chop her legs off, if she wore medium height stilettos her legs would look longer, it would make her appear taller too.....

So says this fashionista 😆😆😆 who’s granddaughter says “ why do you always wear trousers and jeans Grandma?”
Old 05-18-2018, 05:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I always thought Stevie had incredibly sexy legs. Although Christine has her beat in that department. Both women of FM have HOT LEGS!
Old 05-18-2018, 05:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
You’re right, the ankle boots chop her legs off, if she wore medium height stilettos her legs would look longer, it would make her appear taller too.....

So says this fashionista 😆😆😆 who’s granddaughter says “ why do you always wear trousers and jeans Grandma?”
Because they're comfortable my dear.
Old 05-18-2018, 05:21 PM
jwd
This message has been deleted by jwd. Reason: duplicate
Old 05-18-2018, 05:42 PM

Quote:

If it makes you feel better this young fashionista is wearing a lidl tracksuit.

Quote:
I always thought Stevie had incredibly sexy legs. Although Christine has her beat in that department. Both women of FM have HOT LEGS!
I agree: