The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Stevie Nicks
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-08-2018, 03:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The thing is, I don’t think Stevie would be fired for whatever it is that Lindsey was fired for. Despite all the articles saying it was the tour schedule, I can’t believe it’s just that. I think part of it was his attitude or unwillingness to compromise, or some other issue we don’t know about. I think he and Mick had a serious argument and there was no seeing eye to eye. But even if we assume it was just about touring: Stevie put her foot down about not doing an album... so Lindsey and Christine put out their own album. But Stevie is always in the mood to tour. She says in tons of interviews that she likes to alternate two years between Fleetwood Mac and two years solo... the exception being when Christine came back in the middle of the world tour a few years ago.

So I don’t think the same problems would arise as did with Lindsey, because Stevie is always interested in touring, as long as it’s not nonstop.

I would probably not see FM without her as she is my favorite in the group but I would be excited for her solo work... and i’d have hope that she’d rejoin someday!

Last edited by lilyfee; 05-08-2018 at 03:09 PM..
Old 05-08-2018, 10:42 PM
Missy
This message has been deleted by Missy.
Old 05-19-2018, 02:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkmaletic View Post
I've been thinking about this and I was wondering what you all think would have been the reaction or reactions if Stevie were the one that was fired. I personally don't think that there would be nearly the backlash that there is for Lindsay being fired.

Jamie
I agree that the backlash would have been less intense. Partially because most of the reactions would have been along the lines of "HUH??" or "LOL" - Nicks is the star, she's what brings most of the fans to the tours, so the idea that Mac might fire her is kind of a non-starter.

But in an alternate reality where say Mac did fire Nicks for refusing to record a new Mac album: I think my reaction would have been "Are they nuts?? She's their biggest draw" but I also wouldn't rant that the band should just breakup instead, or crow that their ticket sales might be down, or refuse to buy any more of their music. I still bought the 'Buckingham McVie' album even though Nicks (obviously) wasn't on it, and Nicks is my favorite of the three.

I think Buckingham fans have every right to be angry that Nicks got a pass for not recording but Buckingham gets canned for not touring - but that's the reality of the band power dynamics now. Tours DO earn the band more money than album sales do, and the real bottom line, and sad reality, is that the Buckingham/Nicks relationship deteriorated too far for them to work together any longer.
Old 05-19-2018, 02:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevieandChris View Post
Except we don’t know that she won’t record, especially now that Mick Campbell has joined. Maybe we will get another FM album and a 24KG2 album. I have always thought her won’t record because record don’t sell” was a smoke screen for “won’t record because there is no way we will sell enough records to justify spending time with Lindsey in a studio.” But now the game has changed. She did go into the studio to do a few guest songs over the last few years. We don’t know what she has planned.
Yes, I think you're exactly right about this. The "records don't sell" was a smokescreen - it was really about not being able to record with Lindsey any longer.