Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-07-2016, 08:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLY View Post
Welcome to the Ledge!
LOL thanks!

But seriously hoping to hear REAL news from the band soon.
Old 11-07-2016, 08:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
LOL thanks!

But seriously hoping to hear REAL news from the band soon.

I'm with you buddy!
Old 11-07-2016, 09:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
i don't know which signs you mean, but Christine has been saying in interviews they'll be back in the studio starting October to finish the album before Christmas. and then at the end of October her social media posted [granted, old] pic of her and Lindsey in the studio.

i chose to take that as a sign.
I hope you are right.... but I maintain a healthy skepticism for now..

October has come and gone....

Last edited by bombaysaffires; 11-07-2016 at 09:43 PM..
Old 11-08-2016, 02:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
I hope you are right.... but I maintain a healthy skepticism for now..

October has come and gone....
Screw Stevie. Christine trusts Lindsey and they made some real magic on their songs on Tango, especially the B sides. Stevie wants straight ahead rock and roll/ balads with NO f#$king edge or creativity. Boring, bland, blah. Overdubs are evil etc... The way she has disrespected Lindsey and the band I could care less if she leaves. I would rather have an album that doesn't sell as well but is artistic and fresh for us fans. BTW I used to ADORE SN. Not anymore.
Old 11-08-2016, 06:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsunwind View Post
Is an album without Stevie possible to be released?
Not sure if you have seen this article that was posted:
http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=56415

I think Christine answers your question herself, right here:

You would consider doing some shows with just you, Lindsey, Mick and John [McVie]?

As a four-piece, yeah. With a view of doing a huge world tour after that, with Stevie.

And would you expect that we'll see this new album in 2017?

One would hope so, yeah. That's the plan. And I can't wait for it to be finished. It'll be great. And then we'll hopefully do this world tour with Stevie. And after that, who knows? But we're all still alive, how about that? So that's a start.

-----
I think Christine makes it clear that Fleetwood Mac plans to make a new album and tour behind it without Stevie and then later do a world tour with Stevie. Stevie's not holding them back from making this album and getting new music out to everyone. It seems clear they are proceeding forward with a new album and will tour behind it without Stevie, and probably has her blessing as she is moving forward with her own touring. That's a win-win for everyone, isn't it? Everyone gets the new music they want, Stevie gets to do what she wants. If there's a hold up, well, this is Fleetwood Mac. They always spend a LOOOOONG time putting out an album. And they are older now. As Mick says: "We're never finished!" (on the 100th re-take of Zevon's song "Werewolves of London" that he and John collaborated on.)
Old 11-08-2016, 04:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tango View Post
Not sure if you have seen this article that was posted:
http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=56415

I think Christine answers your question herself, right here:

You would consider doing some shows with just you, Lindsey, Mick and John [McVie]?

As a four-piece, yeah. With a view of doing a huge world tour after that, with Stevie.

And would you expect that we'll see this new album in 2017?

One would hope so, yeah. That's the plan. And I can't wait for it to be finished. It'll be great. And then we'll hopefully do this world tour with Stevie. And after that, who knows? But we're all still alive, how about that? So that's a start.

-----
I think Christine makes it clear that Fleetwood Mac plans to make a new album and tour behind it without Stevie and then later do a world tour with Stevie. Stevie's not holding them back from making this album and getting new music out to everyone. It seems clear they are proceeding forward with a new album and will tour behind it without Stevie, and probably has her blessing as she is moving forward with her own touring. That's a win-win for everyone, isn't it? Everyone gets the new music they want, Stevie gets to do what she wants. If there's a hold up, well, this is Fleetwood Mac. They always spend a LOOOOONG time putting out an album. And they are older now. As Mick says: "We're never finished!" (on the 100th re-take of Zevon's song "Werewolves of London" that he and John collaborated on.)
ok. I went back to check what she said coz I forgot. She really does say if Stevie doesn't want to be part of the record they could do smaller shows without her. Wish they would!

What is the future of the band at this point?
Well, we cut seven songs in the studio already for the start of a brand-new studio album. Which we did probably nearer two years ago. We shelved that temporarily and then went on the road and did the tour. And now, actually, I think we're going back in in October to try to finish it off. Stevie hasn't participated yet, but hope springs eternal. She's going on a solo tour at the moment. But Lindsey and I, we have plenty of songs. There are tons more in the bag that we have yet to record. And they're fantastic. So we're going to carry on and try to finish the record. And then maybe if Stevie doesn't want to be part of that then we can go out and just do some smaller concerts.

Last edited by bombaysaffires; 11-08-2016 at 04:15 PM..
Old 11-15-2016, 10:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Everything is posible, but I wouldn't like a Fleetwood Mac álbum without Stevie Nicks. It would be kind of lame. As Say you will was. The perfect formula is with the 5 members. No less.
Old 11-15-2016, 10:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villavic View Post
Everything is posible, but I wouldn't like a Fleetwood Mac álbum without Stevie Nicks. It would be kind of lame. As Say you will was. The perfect formula is with the 5 members. No less.
But WHAT do you do, when one member doesn't want to participate???

Just do nothing, and let her hold the rest of you hostage?

It would be better to have what they've recorded, than nothing at all. And with Stevie's behavior lately, "nothing at all" is looking like all she wants us to have.
Old 11-15-2016, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
But WHAT do you do, when one member doesn't want to participate???

Just do nothing, and let her hold the rest of you hostage?

It would be better to have what they've recorded, than nothing at all. And with Stevie's behavior lately, "nothing at all" is looking like all she wants us to have.
new music, please!
Old 11-15-2016, 03:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

hey once upon a time Fleetwood Mac was a 4 piece with Bob Welsh, I think it could totally work with Lindsey. I really do think if she doesn't want to participate they should soldier on without her...I'd still buy it for sure.
Old 11-15-2016, 05:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lennonfan View Post
hey once upon a time Fleetwood Mac was a 4 piece with Bob Welsh, I think it could totally work with Lindsey. I really do think if she doesn't want to participate they should soldier on without her...I'd still buy it for sure.
Bob Welsh was Rhiannon's husband.
Old 11-15-2016, 09:13 PM
Ledgie

While I prefer a final solid album by all 5 members, I hope the 4 remaining members release what they have and it is met with critical acclaim, and at least enough commercial success to justify its release. At this point, animosity needs to be put aside. It is pretty sad that Stevie can't be bothered to even give them a couple of old songs and some backing vocals. If it doesn't happen with her, I hope to see Fleetwood Mac accepting an album of the year award at the 2018 Grammy's without her. It's a dream but I know a lot of people would love to see that.
Old 11-16-2016, 11:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

New music. It's November, the president I wanted didn't win. Give me some consolation.
Old 11-17-2016, 12:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
It's November, the president I wanted didn't win. Give me some consolation.
Some people win, some people always have to lose...
Old 11-17-2016, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamnotafraid View Post
Some people win, some people always have to lose...
ohhhhhhhhhhhh whoaaaaaaaa whoaaaaaaaaa whoaaaaaaaaa yeah eah eah...

Last edited by jbrownsjr; 11-17-2016 at 11:38 AM..