The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Stevie Nicks
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-25-2016, 12:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie

The one with the bun and her face in shadow is a really nice one.

Michele
Old 03-25-2016, 05:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
The one with the bun and her face in shadow is a really nice one.

Michele
Yeah, I have a fascination for all the Rhiannon picture in general! Stevie when performing the song used to have a special air about her.
Old 03-25-2016, 05:35 AM

Source: http://goldduststevie.tumblr.com/
Old 03-25-2016, 11:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterNightroad View Post
Just love this outfit....Why , oh why doesn't she wear stuff like this now?
Okay she is a bit larger but she could still have her bodice corseted ... at least get some colour in there..
Old 03-25-2016, 01:41 PM
DashingDan
This message has been deleted by DashingDan.
Old 03-26-2016, 07:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sue View Post
Okay she is a bit larger but she could still have her bodice corseted ... at least get some colour in there..
True, I guess with age she became more conservative and/or a creature of habit.
She still wears corsets but they're hidden under her jackets.

Last edited by SisterNightroad; 03-26-2016 at 08:33 AM..
Old 03-26-2016, 07:08 AM

Source: http://stevienickswelshwitch.tumblr.com/
Old 03-27-2016, 12:01 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default ivory

Quote:
Originally Posted by sue View Post
she is stunning in ivory.
at least she wore it in the Sorcerer video.
Old 03-29-2016, 11:09 AM

Old 03-29-2016, 05:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I love this photo because she has the wild-ish hair but her face is still beautiful and she looks great. This is rare because I suspect this was taken late 86/87 and very shortly afterwards her looks started to fade and the hair went awful.

I love this.
Old 03-30-2016, 06:43 AM

I like it for similar reason but actually this is from 1985, before the Rock a Little tour. In 1986 she looked a bit "unkempt" for many reasons, mainly indulgence, drugs and alchohol, but also the make up and some of the clothes didn't help either; but if you think about it it's clearly different from her Klonopin days.
During Rock a Little she was bloated for the reasons listed above but she didn't gain that much weight actually. In fact after rehab during the first Tango in the night period she was a bit fuller but still looked very good. From 1988-9 onwards she gained more weight, but she wasn't really unkempt and her face still looked good (strange fashion choices aside).
However I love Rock a little Stevie, too bad that over-indulgence later took a toll on her.
Old 03-30-2016, 06:47 AM

Old 03-31-2016, 07:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I like it for similar reason but actually this is from 1985, before the Rock a Little tour. In 1986 she looked a bit "unkempt" for many reasons, mainly indulgence, drugs and alchohol, but also the make up and some of the clothes didn't help either; but if you think about it it's clearly different from her Klonopin days.
During Rock a Little she was bloated for the reasons listed above but she didn't gain that much weight actually. In fact after rehab during the first Tango in the night period she was a bit fuller but still looked very good. From 1988-9 onwards she gained more weight, but she wasn't really unkempt and her face still looked good (strange fashion choices aside).
However I love Rock a little Stevie, too bad that over-indulgence later took a toll on her.
This makes sense, I could see it being 1987 though too. How beautiful she is here, her face is almost unchanged from 1975 Stevie. But 1986 what a different story! Then 1987....there's a press conference they did for the tour and she looks absolutely wonderful, refreshed, and of course she is STUNNING in the Seven Wonders video. Then by later in the tour that glow was starting to go away. The changes in such a short amount of time are something else.

Last edited by Ledge Moderators; 05-14-2017 at 09:21 AM..
Old 03-31-2016, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevierocks87 View Post
This makes sense, I could see it being 1987 though too. How beautiful she is here, her face is almost unchanged from 1975 Stevie. But 1986 what a different story! Then 1987....there's a press conference they did for the tour and she looks absolutely wonderful, refreshed, and of course she is STUNNING in the Seven Wonders video. Then by later in the tour that glow was starting to go away. The changes in such a short amount of time are something else.
Yes, looking at the hairstyle maybe it's better to say that it's 1987. There was a photoshoot for Rock a Little in which she wore the same blouse, you can see a glimpse of the same tulle of it in the picture I first posted, but the hair are Tango In The Night.
However yes, getting near to 1988 Stevie looked a bit less lively and that took something away from her beauty. I think during the press conference you mentioned, the hair dressing salon event and the Tango In The Night album photoshoot she looked stunning:

Last edited by SisterNightroad; 03-31-2016 at 08:19 AM..
Old 03-31-2016, 12:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Yes, looking at the hairstyle maybe it's better to say that it's 1987. There was a photoshoot for Rock a Little in which she wore the same blouse, you can see a glimpse of the same tulle of it in the picture I first posted, but the hair are Tango In The Night.
However yes, getting near to 1988 Stevie looked a bit less lively and that took something away from her beauty. I think during the press conference you mentioned, the hair dressing salon event and the Tango In The Night album photoshoot she looked stunning:

I've always thought she was a bit of a mess during the hairdressing event.. and she def looks to me anyway like she's on something in that. She looks too sweaty and she's a bit too... I guess blabby is the word.. in the videos of the hairdressing thing. That may be coke, who knows, though hadn't she just done her first rehab?. And Jose Eber comes off as a total slimy hanger-on in that whole event too. But he was 'the' guy in those days.
Old 03-31-2016, 06:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Yes. For me, in the hairdresser one she looks a total mess. I agree that Stevie looked the best around this time in the Seven Wonders video. Great clothes, hair and just STUNNING.